Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 02:57 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Umm... yeah, okay then. Just how much do you think one bra can minimize? I mean, it is not harmful or painful. But hey, please show us your reference.

**I just realized you may have been being sarcastic and it went over my head. Is that it??

Okay, this is enough bra and boob talk for me. Good luck OP in your search!
No I was being serious. You can just type "is wearing minimizer bras often bad for you" into google and read whatever link you like. The first I heard it was from a bra fitter and not online so I didnt have a particular source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 03:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I can't remember how many years I had to use a safety pin between those two buttons. Argh!
I, too, considered a reduction but now I feel too old (59) to bother. I don't want to go through the pain of recovery; I take a long time to recover from stuff.
I feel the same way, no surgery, for anything. (of course I wouldn't be able to help it if I'm delivered to the ER unconscious, but hopefully it wont be because of my boobs or that minimizer.) And yet, every employer I have worked for provides insurance that covers a reduction.

Safety pin trick yes, but 2 sided fabric tape is less noticeable

Old 11-14-2016, 03:15 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
So...

Are there other tricks to giving the boobs a 'lift' or whatever, to try to make them appear a bit bigger than just those overly padded push up bras?

I am a 36D in bras. I wear the pushups at times because it makes those puppies 'set up' there...look a tad larger, etc. HOWEVER...umm.......if someone were to all of a sudden reach out for a.....feel....so to speak...i've always hated the idea of them touching a bunch of padding. Not that I'm allowing peeps to just grope me, mind you. LOL ( But heck ive even had woman grab me unexpectedly, because well if ur a woman and ur friends are drunk u know how they can get). But I mean u know perhaps someone ur dating may go in for a gentle grope if ur up close and personal. I hate the idea of all that padding.

But..anyways...I even thought of buying a regular bra a size too small, thinking that would push the breasts together and give them that 'sitting up there' appearance.

So, anybody have any tricks up their sleeves for that?
I'm right with you OP. I am also a bit large, and most push up bras have a lot of padding or 'lining' that make me appear ridiculously large. Yet I need some uplifiting now that I'm getting older.

I agree with the person who suggested balconette bras. Victoria's secret is a brand I recommend. I sometimes find 'seconds' on Ebay. for good prices.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,404,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I would kill for an A or B cup. At least those with smaller breasts can see their toes without bending over. And clothes fit you better/look better - and bras are easier to find, prettier and cheaper. And your back/neck don't hurt all the time.

I am 'larger' busted. The LAST thing I want is for those to be prominent, pushed up, padded, 'out there'. Minimizers please with hefty comfortable shoulder straps.
I'll gladly trade you places

Old 11-14-2016, 04:31 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Mod cut: Reply to posts which have been deleted.

there are exercises that will strengthen and define the underlying muscles and the supporting muscles. they involve hand weights and a bench. i do 2 sets of ten, butterflies and crucifixes. doesn't take long and it works great.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-19-2016 at 08:46 AM..

Old 11-14-2016, 09:12 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I get it. Not all bras make your breasts look great. I have tried on many that give me terrible droopy shape. Others make them high and round. Most days I go for front and center. But some outfits need high and round.
Thanks for understanding! Yes I DO think certain bras look good on certain people but not others, just like certain clothes look good on certain people. One style of pants may look good on someone, but not on someone else.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously? OP, if you're a D, a paper bag would show off what you have. Only the blind could miss those. Most women that size avoid T-shirts because they actually exaggerate the look.

See..I don't find D's to be like..HUGE or something? I'm kind of low key and critical about myself, so maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
You want to look good until he sees you naked and realizes otherwise. Id go for just the way you are. hes going to like you no matter what or you shouldnt be with him.
Whoa..it's not THAT bad! I just want a flattering bra. LOL As I mentioned in another post, certain clothoing can look good on one person (same size) but not on another. Depends on how you 'wear it' I guess. Certain clothes may just look good on you, while others may not.

Certain bras may look good, and others may look better. That's all. I just don't like those pad filled bras though its not like I get complaints when I wear them. just don't like the padding.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That was my first thought. There's an 80+% chance OP is not a 36D. Actually the chance is much higher, because if she doesn't look perky in padded bras, it sounds like she's wearing too large a size (sorry OP). I thought I wore a 38E. I was buying these cheap crappy bras, and nothing seemed to hold the girls up right or give me any support. Finally, when I was 20 years overdue, I got fitted at the lingerie store, the lady fitted me in the perfect size in about 30 seconds (34H, which is quite a big difference), I bought several non padded bras, and I am perky, supported, and my back feels better. Even though I am very busty, even I look perky without padding because I wear the right size. And don't get fitted at Victoria's Secret. They usually don't fit you right. Go to a higher end store, where they carry a wider size range. You'll be glad you did.

No need to be sorry! I'm not hung up on boob size, as I think my size is decent enough, regardless of what it may actually be. I just want to get the best bra to ummm....yah know......present them. LOL
I am going to take the advice to get measured elsewhere though, because Victoria Secret IS where I got measured! Maybe they are wrong!

Listen, if it helps put things in perspective for people, I am 50 years old. Now, most people would never guess that, and I could tell them I'm 37 and they would believe me. People tell me I have a baby face. I dunno. And I don't have a frumpy body. I have like 10 pounds I could shed, but nothing bad. My boobs are in pretty decent shape to be 50 years old. They still have good perk. HOWEVER, lets face it..i aint 21!!! So, u know, Id just like a bra that helps keep them decent looking

Edited to add: And yes ive been tomboyish all my life..jeans and sneakers. Sometimes I need a bit of help with what looks good and in style, and what flatters my body and what does not.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Old 11-14-2016, 11:40 PM

466 posts, read 314,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I would kill for an A or B cup. At least those with smaller breasts can see their toes without bending over. And clothes fit you better/look better - and bras are easier to find, prettier and cheaper. And your back/neck don't hurt all the time.

I am 'larger' busted. The LAST thing I want is for those to be prominent, pushed up, padded, 'out there'. Minimizers please with hefty comfortable shoulder straps.
OMG god blessed you please be happy for what you have, I bet you made or will make some guy happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty