Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 04:47 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,242 times

Advertisements

I buy men's shoes because my wide feet don't fit into the typical AAA width women's. I wear a men's 8M. I believe men's shoes are made more sturdy. I am an outdoors person who rarely attends fancy functions. I usually buy hiking boots, runners, or chukkas. They do last me years and I only have about five pair of shoes plus several pairs of flops and Teva type sandals, all men's. My only complaint is the blah boring color selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 05:52 PM

176 posts, read 177,051 times
To the women who wear men's clothes I must ask you HOW?????

I would love to wear men's clothung but it's sooo unflattering. I don't care about fashion or trends, but I do like to show off my curves. To get men's jeans thay fit my butt and thighs they'd be huge everywhere else. I have to have the waist taken in on all my pants as it is.

Never mind the boobs....I can't get a ladies dress shirt to button over the boobs without it being 3 sizes to big everywhere else! I am 38 28 39 so fairly standard measurements!

Old 11-17-2016, 06:02 PM

983 posts, read 1,054,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrev View Post

I would love to wear men's clothung but it's sooo unflattering. I don't care about fashion or trends, but I do like to show off my curves. To get men's jeans thay fit my butt and thighs they'd be huge everywhere else. I have to have the waist taken in on all my pants as it is.

Never mind the boobs....I can't get a ladies dress shirt to button over the boobs without it being 3 sizes to big everywhere else! I am 38 28 39 so fairly standard measurements!
I don't wear men's jeans. I don't think they would fit.

T-shirts and polo shirts are easy. They tend to be unisex. For button down shirts, I usually only wear men's flannel shirts open, like a jacket. They fit just fine.

Oh - I also wear men's shoes. I have big and wide feet, and it's easier to find shoes that fit in the men's section. The men's shoes are also more durable.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:18 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:

Agreed. The shirts are cut way too straight to be flattering on me. I occasionally wear unisex tees but that is an uber casual day. Not when i am trying to look cute.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:36 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
For the most part, mens clothing is better quality.
Better fabrics, better cuts, better finishes.

Since you mentioned the other thread... when was the last time YOU tried a shirt on and decided not to buy it as the fabric was so sheer?
Pretty much every damn time I have even looked at one, in the last few years. I absolutely HATE that most ladies tops are made of such sheer fabric these days. I just won't buy something that I have to wear a second top under, to keep my bra from showing. It's ridiculous.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:54 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,665,332 times
I wear both mens and womens and at the low to middle price point I would say mens clothing is better quality and longer lasting. Cheap womens clothing is mostly garbage imho, not intended to last more than a season.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:28 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
Women's clothing is made cheaper because designers have us brainwashed to think we have to update our wardrobe every season. So they figure if we are only going to wear it for less than a year, why not make it as cheaply as possible. It's annoying because while that may be how teens and twenty something women shop many professional women want quality over quantity.

Black pants for instance. I want a good quality black pant that will last for years. However the designers flip flop from wide leg to skinny to palazzo to boot cut to bellbottoms which means that the nice quality black pants you bought last year might look "out of style" next year.

I buy good quality in the wardrobe staples: black pants, black skirt, one good pair of jeans and I'll spend less on tops and accessories.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:38 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,468 times
True...mens clothing is not only better quality it is less expensive than womens clothing. This drives me crazy. Hanes makes hoodies and sells them at Target and while the mens and womens version are the exact same quality, the mens are always half the price.

I never shop at malls because I feel as though the stores there offer nothing but cheaply made, crazily over priced clothing. I sew and when I buy garments, I look at the seams and the thickness of the fabric. Most stores these days sell clothing that is super thin and poorly serged or seamed. American Eagle Outfitters is one store that is famous for this. Their button down shirts for women are so shoddily made and they cost $50. The GAP is another big offender in that area.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:26 AM

506 posts, read 650,801 times
Of course or men wouldn't buy them. The umbrellas are very much superior too. I want one.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:31 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:

Some women have builds conducive to menswear...narrow pelvis, straight waist, less full bustline. Not all women are curvy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty