Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 02:58 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times

Advertisements

Regarding the bare arms. If you got em FLAUNT em. I'm a woman who has guns. I work HARD to not have saggy triceps at 41 and you'd best believe I'm going sleeveless every chance I get. Good on Mrs. O for representing curvy, tall, muscular women! And in her 40s to boot!

Last edited by riaelise; 12-07-2016 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 03:06 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I never knew arms were a thing. Who doesn't have attractive arms in their 30's and even 40's? I never thought about it. Flabby arms aren't usually an issue until sometime after 50 or 60, are they?
No. There are many flabby armed people regardless of age. In women, the body naturally deposits excess fat in the triceps area and if you don't work the muscles, they'll be flabby whether you're 30 or 60. In my 20s and 30s my arms were simply thin with no definition. In my 40s, my arms (biceps, triceps, forearms) are defined, courtesy of lifting weights four times per week. I really like seeing my fellow ladies hit the dumbbells at the gym.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:32 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Since we are posting opinions, not bashing Mrs. O who can be very attractive in certain gowns suited to her athletic figure .... this recent one does nothing for her, and seems klutzy and her cups runneth over.

Looks like she is wearing drapery fabric. I have seen some beautiful custom Waverly valances in formal dining rooms very similar.

She looks better in a silky draped fabric, soft colors, floor length that flows softly. (Don't even mention that new haircut !)

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...b&action=click

And this one; I don't recall her ever looking worse.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...2a&action=view

Old 12-07-2016, 04:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
No. There are many flabby armed people regardless of age. In women, the body naturally deposits excess fat in the triceps area and if you don't work the muscles, they'll be flabby whether you're 30 or 60. In my 20s and 30s my arms were simply thin with no definition. In my 40s, my arms (biceps, triceps, forearms) are defined, courtesy of lifting weights four times per week. I really like seeing my fellow ladies hit the dumbbells at the gym.
Arms are a big thing -no pun intended lol. Either flabby arms, or big arms. Women have different arms, even working out produces different results. Ronda Rousey is a UFC fighter, and there has been a bit of focus on how she has fat / man arms.
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...7_original.png
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...6_original.png

But just the reality. Women's bodies will be critiqued like crazy. By other man and women alike, for different reasons.

Last edited by HappyRain; 12-07-2016 at 04:42 PM..

Old 12-07-2016, 05:05 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,665,735 times
While I love the first First Lady!! I don't get the fascination with her style as I've personally been underwhelmed. I could have dressed her much better than those designers.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:35 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Since we are posting opinions, not bashing Mrs. O who can be very attractive in certain gowns suited to her athletic figure .... this recent one does nothing for her, and seems klutzy and her cups runneth over.

Looks like she is wearing drapery fabric. I have seen some beautiful custom Waverly valances in formal dining rooms very similar.

She looks better in a silky draped fabric, soft colors, floor length that flows softly. (Don't even mention that new haircut !)

And this one; I don't recall her ever looking worse.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...2a&action=view

Links aren't working for me.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:38 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

Are you talking about the black floral number? She looks like she's falling out of it. Other than that, it seems ok. And I don't know why you're referring to her figure as "athletic". That's not what most people mean when they say "athletic" about a woman's figure.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:19 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
I'd describe her body as fit not necessarily athletic.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
She seemed to really enjoy the bare arms and bare ankles so much. Was it all an attempt to stay ethnic the whole presentation, the bright colors , bare flesh like going to a Church service in a summer Sunday in Chicago. That is what Michelle reminds me of always with her dress sense.
Bare arms and ankles are ethnic? I would say just every woman wearing a dress between June & August are showing off bare arms and ankles. She is not attempting to make any sort of statement.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:17 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,541,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'd describe her body as fit not necessarily athletic.

Michelle Obama IS a big girl. She is 5'10.5' tall, takes a size 11.5 shoe and weighs approx. 175 lbs.

Athletic form, yes. Wide shoulders and hips, long arms, etc. (I believe) she looks better in long dresses that drape her figure. Even a nice flowing glamorous pantsuit would look nicer on her figure. Not a lampshade style such as the black flowered dress, makes her look klutzy (imo). Her new haircut may be trendy, but is not her style either. She looks more gentle (not genteel), in styles that soften her entire appearance while remaining feminine.

Some women just cannot wear the 'little girl in a party dress' style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty