Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 PM

800 posts, read 4,298,198 times

Advertisements

Ooh, you guys rock! You've given me lots of cool ideas and resources...feel free to keep 'em coming

It's funny today I spent a good amount of time at both Nordstrom's and Neiman Marcus. I used to only go to Macy's, but it was fun to expand my horizons. Both "N" stores had great customer service and friendly people working there! I was amazed, but not surprised.

I'd love a biker type of jacket...more heavy cotton type and pair it with feminine stuff I own already for my casual look.

Also, trench coat is something I'm shopping for too! I am thinking of a coral or a red one...I own way too many black or navy coats and clothing. The brighter color will contrast my dark hair nicely.

I need a couple of pairs of dress slacks, a pair of nicer jeans (Lucky look really cute, but are they comfy I wonder?), a couple of dresses...

I've been making a collage of my personal style so I can take it when I go to a personal shopper...So many people don't know that exists! I had forgotten...Back in my legal profession days, I used the personal shoppers many times!

I vascillate between wanting to be up to date in style and wanting to have solid timeless style...I guess you can have it all...I am so ecclectic

I need to find what I like...I know what I don't like LOL...I saw that whole safari style and it's not really me...And, OMG, jumpsuits are coming back in *gasp*...Ok, I'll stop complaining and focus on what makes me happy

Hugs!,
AB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Bear View Post

I need a couple of pairs of dress slacks, a pair of nicer jeans (Lucky look really cute, but are they comfy I wonder?),
I love my Lucky jeans. They are not cheap, but so comfortable! I love the way they sit on my hips. And the denim is so high quality. I don't know what it is, but they are the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned. I plan to buy a few more pairs, for sure! Buy a pair and bring them home. You will not want to take them off!

C.J.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:37 PM

Did you go to Jcrew? They always have a few things I like. For spring a summer, linen shirts and paints are a must! I love linen shirts. I always have a few white ones, different styles, to throw on with any pair of pants. Put on a cute cardigan, and you are good to go!

I bought a pair of JCrew white linen pants on sale last year for $35 and wore them everywhere. I love clothes. I love, love, love to shop.

My one big fantasy is to be able to go on wild shopping sprees and not have to worry about how much everything costs. But alas, I must search for the bargains, which can be a lot of work. *sigh*

Carrot

Old 02-27-2008, 09:39 PM

Oh, and did you check on DKNY? I buy a LOT of DKNY. They always have cute stuff, but you have to wait for it to go on sale!

Carrot (sorry for all the posts, but we're talking clothes here....)

Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
This blog has helped me a lot:

youlookfab
Great blog! I'm going today to buy the 8 hour cream!

To the OP, I think a cute pencil skirt paired with a tailored white blouse would fit your retro style and possibly go with something in your shoe collection. What about the wrap dresses. I've noticed a lot of them for spring and the shape is similar to retro dresses and yet the style is flattering AND comfortable. I was recently in BCBG and saw a few updated classic looks.

Last edited by MooksterL1; 02-28-2008 at 08:01 AM..

Old 02-28-2008, 07:57 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Geeze, if my wife finds that damn blog, I'll be broke inside of 6 weeks.

Don't they have fashion blogs for poor women? Ya know, 'The Goddess of Goodwill' or something like that.
This is hysterical! And something my frugal man would say.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,605 times
As far as jeans go not sure of your shape but Sevens, Paige & Buffalo jeans also look good on me.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,065 times
Try a couple of high waisted pencil skirts. They are so adorable! I think they look so good on all women no matter your size or shape.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,605 times
And I love love love the boots that are in fashion right now over the jeans...or with a skirt...It is a great look for night or day..(well it isn't such a new look but I still love it). If you have a slender waist you may be able to wear the longer style tops too & also the bohemian tops as well. Definitely go in with some photos to a personal shopper. Have fun!!!

Old 02-28-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
As far as jeans go not sure of your shape but Sevens, Paige & Buffalo jeans also look good on me.
Where do they sale Seven Jeans? I've wanted to try them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty