Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 07:41 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Meh...I sincerely don't think women disagree or debate attractive body type and men's body fat issues as much as men do about women.
I need chemistry, you goofy monkey! I don't carry a calipers with me. The biggest turn-on happens with my brain, what comes out of someones mouth, no it probably won't work with the elephant man, but body fat percent isn't even a close defining characteristic. I can't participate, my brain is handicapping me.
That's so funny! I'm picturing going on a date with someone and pulling out the calipers and a scale from my big purse before we continue with the wine and steak. That person would beat a hasty retreat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 11:44 AM

4,564 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
your ideal body type.
Personal preferences differ between each individual. With that being said, I think I have a pretty wide range of what I find attractive in women. I like super fit athletic types like Kaisa Keiran, Annie Thorsdottir, Gracyanne Barbosa and Zuzka Light, as well as non athletic types like J-Lo, Kristin Davis and pre-baby Kim Kardashian so my range varies.

What I DO NOT LIKE is overweight bodies. This is just me (and many others). Nothing wrong with that, its just preference.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:02 PM

466 posts, read 314,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
Personally none of the men shown would be my ideal body type.

There are just far too many other variables that would make me want to be with someone (or not be with them). One is just plain chemistry. Then maybe add in the eyes that I would want to look into all the time, lips I would want to kiss and hands I would want to hold and SEE moving along my body. That to me is more sexy than a guys actual body type.

However there are probably a few body types that really are not for me. The really skinny guy and the rock hard bodybuilder type with veins bulging and tendons and other things I don't want to see visible through their skin showing are not people I would typically give a second look to if I was single. A man with muscles and some "cushion" is probably my ideal type if I had to choose. And the guy you listed as overweight....I don't get that.
I agree with you about other things being needed. Your type of guy is a good mix which is part hard and soft. As for the overweight man, he only fits in that category due to being slightly overweight(it's subtle, I woas trying to find a man with about 5 more pounds of fat but it's hard lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I don't see a single man who is the least bit attractive to me, body or face, plus I dislike hairy men, tattoos, piercings, eyebrow makeup, etc.

The only woman I think is pretty (body and face both) is #2.
Number 2 is ideal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
All of the women have their positives but I would say the bodybuilder and the very skinny model are my least favorite. The women/woman in the black swimsuit and the woman in blue are ideal.
I would attempt being with the skinny girl as long as she has boobs honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
My husband isn't my type at all. I fell in love with him, who he is. This is so important in long term relationships. 25 years later we have both changed.
That's awesome and with time the physical and mental part of a person changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsick0909 View Post
Guys are very predictable:

they like light skin and thin bodies

If you have those qualities you can be busted in the face but men will flock
I would just summarize the woman as to having a banging body then she is good to go. Honestly that is most important for the sexual experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's so funny! I'm picturing going on a date with someone and pulling out the calipers and a scale from my big purse before we continue with the wine and steak. That person would beat a hasty retreat.
LMAO me too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Personal preferences differ between each individual. With that being said, I think I have a pretty wide range of what I find attractive in women. I like super fit athletic types like Kaisa Keiran, Annie Thorsdottir, Gracyanne Barbosa and Zuzka Light, as well as non athletic types like J-Lo, Kristin Davis and pre-baby Kim Kardashian so my range varies.

What I DO NOT LIKE is overweight bodies. This is just me (and many others). Nothing wrong with that, its just preference.
I'm with you on that!!!!

Old 12-12-2016, 03:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm picturing my date glancing over at my waist smirkingly and going, "Will I be able to pinch an inch?" and me looking toward him in return and asking skeptically, "Will I?"

Old 12-13-2016, 05:27 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,912,806 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Well there have been studies that have suggested things like men prefer C-cups most and another that found men prefer bodies when it's short term dating and faces when it comes to more serious relationships.

Personally I'd prefer a little heavy to too thin.

Probably up to 30 lbs and certainly no more than 50 pounds overweight. And if she is more than that it's either genetic/medical (not interested) or some sort of emotion issues. Obviously that's not counting special circumstances like having a kid.

Also with the light skin thing I think a lot of that has to do with more light skinned women being presented to the public, not necessarily a preference.

There is some representation of darker women and all are what I'd consider attractive.

Arlenis Sosa, Ruth Ocumarez, Lanisha Cole, Damaris Lewis, Gabrielle Union, Nicole Fiscella, Serena Reeder, Regine Nehy, and so on.

Plus you have to consider if people didn't like somewhat dark women the tanning industry wouldn't be nearly as big as it is in the US.

As far as a busted face goes sometimes it just works like those Indian women who have attractive faces except for their noses that just make them more interesting. Or sometimes it's ears that stick out too far, but it just makes them cuter.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-17-2017 at 07:33 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 09:52 AM

4,564 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

As far as bodies go, as I have said earlier in this thread, there is a pretty wide range of different body types that the majority of men like that ranges from fit to athletic to curvy to thin, etc. Its just that when it comes to being "overweight" that is where the majority of men start to find it to be less attractive and less desirable. Its why I have always said that for women, all they have to be is not fat and they will ALWAYS have guys flirting and/or pursuing them for romantic relationships.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-17-2017 at 07:33 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm picturing my date glancing over at my waist smirkingly and going, "Will I be able to pinch an inch?" and me looking toward him in return and asking skeptically, "Will I?"
lol I'm picturing that but usually, I would probably be looking at the girls chest and anticipating that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
Well there have been studies that have suggested things like men prefer C-cups most and another that found men prefer bodies when it's short term dating and faces when it comes to more serious relationships.

Personally I'd prefer a little heavy to too thin.

Probably up to 30 lbs and certainly no more than 50 pounds overweight. And if she is more than that it's either genetic/medical (not interested) or some sort of emotion issues. Obviously that's not counting special circumstances like having a kid.

Also with the light skin thing I think a lot of that has to do with more light skinned women being presented to the public, not necessarily a preference.

There is some representation of darker women and all are what I'd consider attractive.

Arlenis Sosa, Ruth Ocumarez, Lanisha Cole, Damaris Lewis, Gabrielle Union, Nicole Fiscella, Serena Reeder, Regine Nehy, and so on.

Plus you have to consider if people didn't like somewhat dark women the tanning industry wouldn't be nearly as big as it is in the US.

As far as a busted face goes sometimes it just works like those Indian women who have attractive faces except for their noses that just make them more interesting. Or sometimes it's ears that stick out too far, but it just makes them cuter.
honestly the body is more important to me with the personality. The face is great but if the body is is too over weight or skinny that will be a turn off for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Are you speaking in general terms? Because you know, this thread is about GENERAL terms and BODY TYPE, not just one small segment of a small segment of people.

The massive number of tanning salons and companies that make bronze tanners and lotions pretty much makes your "light skin" comment invalid.

As far as bodies go, as I have said earlier in this thread, there is a pretty wide range of different body types that the majority of men like that ranges from fit to athletic to curvy to thin, etc. Its just that when it comes to being "overweight" that is where the majority of men start to find it to be less attractive and less desirable. Its why I have always said that for women, all they have to be is not fat and they will ALWAYS have guys flirting and/or pursuing them for romantic relationships.
I agree with what you said about fat being the most undesirable among the other options.

Old 12-13-2016, 01:28 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I dint like any of the women.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I dint like any of the women.
so you don't like skinny, average, overweightt, obese, fit, body builder women? What kind of woman you do like?

Old 12-13-2016, 06:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Of the women I liked #4 the most (beautiful obese woman was the way OP described her).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty