Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 02:03 PM

36,499 posts, read 53,854,975 times

Advertisements

I guess that officially makes me an old woman but I really do like them especially for inside the house. I find sweaters a bit too binding and a hassle to take off and on while cooking in the kitchen.

I find my shoulders and chest get cold in the evenings when we watch TV. A nice long and wide shawl is perfect to double up for my chest and keep my shoulders warm without getting my arms restricted and too hot. A shawl is easier to maneuver than a sweater too. And not as expensive so I can have more variety. On in-between days when it's too warm for a jacket but too chilly for bare arms, a shawl is perfect and very fashionable for doctor appointments, errands. I'm not talking about long fringed numbers like grandma knitting in the rocker.
I've found some very nice ones in every price point and online as well as in stores.

Have you tried shawls yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 02:35 PM

5,016 posts, read 7,404,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
A shawl is easier to maneuver than a sweater too. And not as expensive so I can have more variety. On in-between days when it's too warm for a jacket but too chilly for bare arms, a shawl is perfect and very fashionable for doctor appointments, errands. I'm not talking about long fringed numbers like grandma knitting in the rocker.
I've found some very nice ones in every price point and online as well as in stores.

Yes I have!

Old 12-13-2016, 03:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,741,222 times
Yup, I leave one at work because it is chilly. Sometimes i wear my shawl as a scarf. And then make it a shawl for other occasions.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:41 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,673,933 times
Quote:
I guess that officially makes me an old woman...
Nah...how about curvy women? Most time I see them is when a busty or hippy woman wants to tone down her curves in form fitting sweater or dress.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,341,281 times
I am exclusively wearing capes, wraps, and shawls this winter because buying a maternity winter coat is a poor investment, as I'll only get one winter's wearing out of it.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:10 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,432,885 times
Although not a shawl, but close, I still rock my camouflage Snuggie around the house in the winter.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:58 AM

308 posts, read 274,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup, I leave one at work because it is chilly. Sometimes i wear my shawl as a scarf. And then make it a shawl for other occasions.
^^This for me as well^^

Old 12-14-2016, 04:46 PM

4,178 posts, read 3,370,329 times
Quote:
I guess that officially makes me an old woman but I really do like them especially for inside the house. I find sweaters a bit too binding and a hassle to take off and on while cooking in the kitchen.

I find my shoulders and chest get cold in the evenings when we watch TV. A nice long and wide shawl is perfect to double up for my chest and keep my shoulders warm without getting my arms restricted and too hot. A shawl is easier to maneuver than a sweater too. And not as expensive so I can have more variety. On in-between days when it's too warm for a jacket but too chilly for bare arms, a shawl is perfect and very fashionable for doctor appointments, errands. I'm not talking about long fringed numbers like grandma knitting in the rocker.

I also make them.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:10 AM

18 posts, read 11,746 times
There are some great shawls from India. I like cashmere but it's way too expensive for me.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:44 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,884,125 times
I am short and worry that a shawl would just swallow me up and make me look like a box with fringe.

On the (tall, skinny) models they always look amazing and elegant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty