Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Calling a tank top a "wifebeater" is like calling a tampon a "pu$$y plug." It's offensive.
That's not what you call it??

p.s. That doesn't offend me, for some reason, LOL. It's kind of silly but, well...yeah...that's about what that...does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 04:00 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So you're good with it if we women have the same entirely unshaved spilling-out underarm hair as we lean back in the chair with arms behind the head, as described by the OP? Next to you as you eat? Just curious.
Personally IDGAF if a woman shaves or not.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Calling a tank top a "wifebeater" is like calling a tampon a "pu$$y plug." It's offensive.
Pretend it sez "wifehugger," Mr. Flanders.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:05 PM

I don't really care for all these so-called tank-top, wife-beater, sleevless Tee, A-shirt "peremeters"...that said; the only sleeveless anything I own is a trenchcoat.

Old 01-01-2017, 09:44 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:

Never heard a tampon called that before.

Pretty funny, my wife and I both laughed.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:09 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I don't care. Honestly I'm just not even paying attention to what 60+ yr old men are wearing.

Never thought I would be either, but that's the scenery around here.

Now that I'm looking around, its not too bad if there's imperceptible pit hair. But that guy has jiggly upper arm fat which I've never seen on a guy.

I had a German friend who didn't shave her pits and she had it thick. Then she went into massage wearing tank tops and realized no one wants to see that looming over them.....

Old 01-23-2017, 11:42 AM

8 posts, read 26,622 times
I'm a man in my early 50's with nice arms and shoulders and I don't wear tank tops, but prefer nice sleeveless button-down shirts with collars or colorful sleeveless polo shirts. I wear them with bright-colored pants or jeans and have received quite a few looks from women when I'm out in public or on a date. They say I look bold and daring, yet very preppy.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:09 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Not exactly "Wife-Beaters" but they are sleeveless T-shirts.

The 60-ish men in my condo complex wear these and I don't blame them. It's the tropics. Not DH, I'm glad to say. (maybe if they were hunks in their 20-30's )

OTOH, I hate the look. Something about seeing all that pit hair (away from the beach)---I know, I know, its natural! That's just me.

Girls, what say you?
More than a fashion question, this seems inspired by the need to knock the appearance of older men. Always enlightening

Old 01-25-2017, 10:05 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleevelesswimp View Post
I'm a man in my early 50's with nice arms and shoulders and I don't wear tank tops, but prefer nice sleeveless button-down shirts with collars or colorful sleeveless polo shirts. I wear them with bright-colored pants or jeans and have received quite a few looks from women when I'm out in public or on a date. They say I look bold and daring, yet very preppy.
That sounds like a great style! I'd probably agree with them.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:11 AM

258 posts, read 234,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Not exactly "Wife-Beaters" but they are sleeveless T-shirts.

The 60-ish men in my condo complex wear these and I don't blame them. It's the tropics. Not DH, I'm glad to say. (maybe if they were hunks in their 20-30's )

OTOH, I hate the look. Something about seeing all that pit hair (away from the beach)---I know, I know, its natural! That's just me.

Girls, what say you?
I'm all for it! Something about seeing those manly muscles. I just love arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty