Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,824 times

Advertisements

Most people do not keep their facial piercings around too long. I guess there are several different reasons for that.
I've had my tongue pierced for almost 9 years now & I still love it as much as the first day (though I'm definately not one to show it off) & though I hardly ever wear my eyebrow piercing, it's now 10 years old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 03:25 PM

302 posts, read 922,175 times
I don't have any piercings beyond the ones in my ears I've had since I was a few months old. But I would really like one of those really tiny nose rings.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
I don't have any piercings beyond the ones in my ears I've had since I was a few months old. But I would really like one of those really tiny nose rings.
I've had more trouble keeping my ear piercings than my facial piercings. I used to get frustrated with wearing earrings when I was a kid-teenager, but now I love them.
I've had my ears pierced about 3 or 4 times in the past 15 years!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:12 PM

I have never had an issue with earrings, except for stud earrings. I refuse to wear them. When I was a teen....maybe 14, I woke up one morning to the unpleasant realization that my earring was stuck in my ear.

Stuck as in, we could not see it. It was as if my earring hole had completely swallowed the thing, and trust me, it was PAINFUL. Since then, I never wear small stud earrings.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:47 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,646 times
I'm not into piercings of any kind. I think it's a form of mutilation and the main effect is to shock other people. I guess if you want to spend your life working $10/hour jobs, it's okay. In general, it doesn't impress me much.

###

Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
I'm not into piercings of any kind. I think it's a form of mutilation and the main effect is to shock other people. I guess if you want to spend your life working $10/hour jobs, it's okay. In general, it doesn't impress me much.

###
I think it depends on the piercings you have. My pal has her nose pierced, and trust me, she passed the $10/hour jobs a LONG time ago. And of course, unlike tats, they can come off.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:35 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
When I spent time shadowing at a Social Services building - the supervisor I shadowed had 7 piercings in one ear, 5 in the other. She also had her tongue pierced. Very intelligent and brilliant woman.

I'm sure she's making more than $10/hr.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:

###
Why post on a this thread then?

And like others, I've passed the $10/hr. mark almost 2 years ago. I'm 24 & worked my way on up the ladder with tongue pierced the WHOLE time.
That's a nasty stereotype.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:49 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by collected_eve View Post
Why post on a this thread then?

And like others, I've passed the $10/hr. mark almost 2 years ago. I'm 24 & worked my way on up the ladder with tongue pierced the WHOLE time.
That's a nasty stereotype.
Now why would you want to get your tongue pierced?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

###

Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Now why would you want to get your tongue pierced?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

###

Why not? It doesn't have to be for shock value. Some people see piercings and tats as art, and want them for their own appreciation. Plenty of people are doing well for themselves career-wise, and still have their piercings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty