Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 06:38 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,258,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I cannot imagine ever giving myself a bikini wax. Needless to say, DYI is one word. NAIR
Yes.

I use the Bikini Forumula:

Old 12-23-2016, 09:06 AM

9,864 posts, read 14,028,388 times
3 words...

Get a professional!!!

Old 12-23-2016, 12:37 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,890,464 times
Thanks so much, everyone!

I think I am going to order some Bikini Nair or Bikini Neet.

Shaving is really no problem for me logistically, it's just that I'm kind of tired of how often I have to do it due to how I hate having stubble, even the tiniest bit of stubble, in that area. My hair in general doesn't grow fast and it's not thick but...argh. I hate it. That's why I wanted to try the waxing. But from what I'm reading, "dissolving" the hair also gives the user a few extra days in between? Is that correct? So that would be better than nothing.

I was doing a fair bit of joking around in my OP and took some poetic license but as far as actual pain...it is no joke, folks. I am sore today, as if I'm bruised. I am absolutely shocked as I have waxed other areas of my body and it did NOT feel like this...not even close.

I can't imagine going to "a place" and having it done. Right now I certainly can't, not with the state I left things in. I can only imagine that it must look like a half-grown sandlot that's recently been mowed by a blind man doing the Macarena while walking backward so just...no. But even under normal circumstances...oh yikes. I really don't want "a professional" down there ripping away, even if...professionally. Even though I am sure I don't come off this way on here, in person I'm pretty shy. LOL. I know they don't see...uh, everything but...okay, let's just say, thanks for the advice but I am going to try this Neet stuff and see how things go from here.

Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Stubby

Old 12-23-2016, 01:01 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,321,462 times
Omg JerZ, this thread speaks to me! Can't rep you yet, I'll come back when my repping powers are back.

Regarding the wax on Netherly Way - I've been doing it for years, since I cannot present my nethers to some salon girl. I just can't. I do my own Brazilian wax and it does get better if you keep going. Some tips - Sally Hansen Brazilian Wax kit, trim back the hair before applying, and work in smaller, manageable sections. The results are smooth, no stubble, for about two months. When you try to do an entire swath, the whole length, that's when things go south. Pun intended. When you pull, pull briskly, opposite the direction of hair growth, and keep your hand close to your body vs. lifting upwards, which is where bruising and bleeding tend to occur. Your non-pulling hand is holding your skin taut for a clean sweep.

I know a lot of folks swear by shaving or depilatories, but the stubble would drive me nuts and I'm prone to ingrown hairs if I go that route. My hat is off to those who can use their epilator on the area in question - I've been doing my legs with it since I was around 14 years old, but the thought of that coil coming near you-know-where is making my eye twitch.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:13 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,655,652 times
It wouldn't make a lick of sense to deface nature's most beautiful and bountiful work if it were as easy as trimming your bangs. Add in the pain, anguish, and suffering described here and I become convinced I've been beamed to an alternate universe.

This is one of the most bizarre fads in the history of man.....I mean, woman. Do yourselves a favor, ladies, and I can guarantee you that most men of independent mind and hormone will be very glad you did.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:02 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,770,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I know a lot of folks swear by shaving or depilatories, but the stubble would drive me nuts and I'm prone to ingrown hairs if I go that route. My hat is off to those who can use their epilator on the area in question - I've been doing my legs with it since I was around 14 years old, but the thought of that coil coming near you-know-where is making my eye twitch.
Epilators that they make now don't have the coil anymore. That was really painful, I agree. What they have now is pairs of tweezer plates that open and close as the cylinder they're attached to spins. It's not painful as long as you don't get skin caught in the tweezers...if that happens, you end up with a small v-shaped cut and that does hurt.

I can't use the epilator on my legs because I get tons of ingrown hairs that give my legs the unlovely appearance of a plucked chicken, but I don't get ingrown hairs when using the epilator on the bikini area.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:21 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,405,436 times
My coarse, dark hair made me look rather simian, so over the years, I shaved, waxed, plucked and Nads (love that stuff). But the hair remained coarse and dark, and the doctor told me to stop shaving after several ingrown hairs grew into cysts. So I got laser hair removal on the body parts where the hair bugged me most.

That took care of about 90% of the dark hair. Of the rest, I use an epilator on the arms and legs, tweezers on the eyebrows, mustache and chin, and have a professional wax what little hair is left in my underarms and on the Lower Acreage. As long as I keep to a regular schedule, I stay smooth all over. No more ingrown hairs, either.

Tried the epilator on the face and Lower Acreage once. I have a very high pain tolerance, but Holy Bovine! Not doing that again....

You were very brave to attempt waxing the Lower Acreage on your own. I'm just not that brave (or flexible anymore), and having a professional do it does not bother me at all.

Old 12-23-2016, 04:42 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,890,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
It's not painful as long as you don't get skin caught in the tweezers...if that happens, you end up with a small v-shaped cut and that does hurt.

Just reading that almost wants me to go full-70s.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:13 PM

3,810 posts, read 8,711,341 times
This is one area it you need to pay a professional.

Old 12-23-2016, 05:49 PM

209 posts, read 415,690 times
OP, google Persian Cold Wax. You can order it from Amazon if you can't find it locally. It's not really a wax but works great. I've used it for bikini waxes for years. Your post made me think of the only time I ever tried wax, as a teenager. After one tug on the strip, I couldn't bear to do any more. All I could think was "crap, how will I get this stuff off my leg?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.