Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:55 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Hi this is for the ladies...Anyone know a good legging brand that is good material and doesn't fall down when you run in them. This is why i hate to wear any type of pants because they are always uncomfortable. I am a shorts girl when it comes to working out but it has been getting colder lately. I am a long distance outdoor runner and i find that when i wear certain types of leggings they aren't comfortable to run in and they don't stay in place like i have to keep pulling them up a little when i run its annoying. I am very athletic so i have somewhat muscular thick legs and a booty to match so i have enough to hold my pants up. lol I just don't know why they want to ride down. Material maybe? Since i hate pants i don't want to spend like $80 on one pair of leggings. I know they are pricey. So anyone know a good brand that's good quality and affordable? thanks.....
Any of the major brands will work, provided the pants are running pants as opposed to those meant for something else. I like my Nikes the best. I get some cheap at Marshall's or the Nike outlet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 12:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Um...I can honestly say I have NEVER had any issues with my running tights/leggings falling down. I mean, are you serious? Can you post a picture of exactly what you are wearing??

You surely don't have to spend anywhere near $80. Head to a Marshalls or TJ Max and can find a bijillion pairs of capri and full length workout/running pants, for $14.99 to $19.99. My gosh. Even Target has a great selection. Are you buying them way too large maybe??
Honestly I find a lot of them too big in the waist. It is annoying. For example I recently purchased some leggings that fit pretty well in the waist but felt a bit snug in the thigh. They were on sale so I bought a second pair in the next size up.

By the time i got the larger pair, I had worn the first pair a few times and it ended up fitting fine in the thighs and loosening some so I was ok with the fit.

The larger pair fit well in the thighs but was way too big in the waist and wouldn't stay properly positioned. I had to keep adjusting. I find that the foldover waist leggings fit me awful. Way too big in the waist.

While I have moderate waist definition, it wouldn't be hard to imagine someone with slightly more extreme proportions than I having a lot of problems depending on brand and fabric. Most leggings do not fit me well at all. Loose waists are a really common problem for me.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:47 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Honestly I find a lot of them too big in the waist. It is annoying. For example I recently purchased some leggings that fit pretty well in the waist but felt a bit snug in the thigh. They were on sale so I bought a second pair in the next size up.

By the time i got the larger pair, I had worn the first pair a few times and it ended up fitting fine in the thighs and loosening some so I was ok with the fit.

The larger pair fit well in the thighs but was way too big in the waist and wouldn't stay properly positioned. I had to keep adjusting. I find that the foldover waist leggings fit me awful. Way too big in the waist.

While I have moderate waist definition, it wouldn't be hard to imagine someone with slightly more extreme proportions than I having a lot of problems depending on brand and fabric. Most leggings do not fit me well at all. Loose waists are a really common problem for me.
You must have uncommon proportions. Either that or you are simply buying them too big.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
You must have uncommon proportions. Either that or you are simply buying them too big.
I do probably have slightly larger than average thighs. For example today I am wearing one of my offending pairs of leggings that are big in the waist. They are patterned. The pattern is stretching a smidge too much around the thighs. And the waist is an inch too big.

My waist / hip ratio is 75%, so not unusual by any means. Lots of clothes aren't cut that way though.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:55 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I do probably have slightly larger than average thighs. For example today I am wearing one of my offending pairs of leggings that are big in the waist. They are patterned. The pattern is stretching a smidge too much around the thighs. And the waist is an inch too big.

My waist / hip ratio is 75%, so not unusual by any means. Lots of clothes aren't cut that way though.
I still think you need to go to somewhere like Marshall and try on several pair. I've seen far too many women at the gym with large thighs and small waists that are wearing leggings I've seen in the discount stores. And there is no way those things are falling down.

If you think you are going to wear a patterned legging that does NOT stretch, then you definitely are in for disappointment They are MEANT to stretch. Stop buying patterned and just buy black if that bothers you.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I still think you need to go to somewhere like Marshall and try on several pair. I've seen far too many women at the gym with large thighs and small waists that are wearing leggings I've seen in the discount stores. And there is no way those things are falling down.

If you think you are going to wear a patterned legging that does NOT stretch, then you definitely are in for disappointment They are MEANT to stretch. Stop buying patterned and just buy black if that bothers you.
The problem is brands aren't very consistent run to run. I have some old navy leggings that don't have waist fapping. And some gar do. Same size. Same with target. Same with gap. Same with athleta. Same with forever21. I have leggings at all the price points and all the brands. But not all work!

The drawstring is a good fallback.

I don't tend to find a lot of options at my local discointers. So I just focus on old navy, target and athleta. I have some gap body ones but they also are a little to big in the waist. They stay in the travel or lounging section and not the workout section. I don't like to deal with pants moving around when working out. But it isn't too annoying for a bike ride.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:45 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,239,577 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned VSX (victoria's secret sport.) Their leggings are awesome. I wear those, Old Navy, lululemon, sweaty betty. It's really a matter of what fits YOU best. I do agree, Old Navy's fit is all over.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:31 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,499,620 times
I really like the Fabletics line...also Calia by Carrie Underwood but too pricey...I got a few pairs on ebay.

For less expensive, Gap and Old Navy for sure.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:10 AM

775 posts, read 776,428 times
My pet peeve with leggings is when you put on a new pair and they are low rise in the back and feel like they are falling down. I am a size 2-4, so it is not a butt issue. It is a cut issue. It does not matter how expensive the brand is.....if they are not made with any butt space they will not feel right.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:52 PM

645 posts, read 750,592 times
Exactly! I feel like the way they are made doesn't work for certain activities. Why i rather just stick to shorts for running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado Baby View Post
My pet peeve with leggings is when you put on a new pair and they are low rise in the back and feel like they are falling down. I am a size 2-4, so it is not a butt issue. It is a cut issue. It does not matter how expensive the brand is.....if they are not made with any butt space they will not feel right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty