Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:47 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
... Coach is a good quality brand...
There is one thing to be aware of regarding Coach. Coach has two separate quality lines: one for full price stores, and another for Coach's Outlet Mall Stores. They are not the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 08:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
There is one thing to be aware of regarding Coach. Coach has two separate quality lines: one for full price stores, and another for Coach's Outlet Mall Stores. They are not the same.
Some outlet bags are quite nice. Some are not. Kate Spade and Michael Kors also have outlet only bags.

Kate Spade outlet bags have crappier lining. Michael Kors have different details.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Fossil makes a good bag. So does Brighton but you can only find Brighton in their own stores and probably online. T.J. Maxx had some designer bags the last time I was there. Also, like was said most stores are having after holiday sales. However I have bought two designer bags from T.J. Maxx in the past and the handles start deteriorating. Try Macy's, Dillards, etc. I have bought quite a few Liz Claiborne purses from JC Penney's and they have lasted quite a few years.

It depends on how rough you are with your bags and if you use the same one all year. I have 5 different ones that I rotate depending on the season and what I'm wearing.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I have heard this from other people. What are the specific differences between the outlet Coach bags and the full price Coach bags? are the full priced ones heavier, better hardware, or what? I have a salmon Kristin satchel and that thing is built like a tank. It's the only Coach I own though, so I don't know the difference.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,194,530 times
I use the free plastic handbags they give me at the supermarket- they work like a charm.

Sometimes the all-important store logo is even on the bag- yippee!!

Old 01-05-2017, 05:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
I have heard this from other people. What are the specific differences between the outlet Coach bags and the full price Coach bags? are the full priced ones heavier, better hardware, or what? I have a salmon Kristin satchel and that thing is built like a tank. It's the only Coach I own though, so I don't know the difference.
Different grade of leather. There are also very different styles. Especially now. Coach also has different levels of bags in the outlet. The Kristins originated in the store and then returned as an outlet exclusive. These are one of the nicer outlet bags. There are others that are more basic.

At the beginning there was little difference between outlet and full price bags. Now there's more. Wallets have a lower bar of construction - even for ones that are the same. Outlet bags have fewer details. Maybe for one type of bag in similar shapes, the full price version will have a thicker piece of hardware on the straps to enable them to lie flat when using a shoulder strap. The shoulder strap on the outlet bag may be thinner or use two pieces of leather stitched together versus one long strip. Or the main line version might have a padded strap or one of those wider shoulder pieces.

Old 01-05-2017, 06:10 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
I have had good luck with Orvis when they do sales.

Old 01-06-2017, 10:36 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with a Coach MFF bag (Made For Factory outlet, rather than made for boutique). They are very nice and typically very durable.

But there are differences. Are they worth the extra $$$? That's up to you. Of course no one wants to pay Boutique prices for a MFF outlet product by mistake.

Among other things, differences include leather quality, stitching quality & detail, etc.

https://handlemybags.blogspot.com/p/...h-factory.html

https://glamorous-addiction.blogspot...out-coach.html

Differences Between Regular Coach Bags and Factory Outlet Coach Bags

Old 01-06-2017, 11:12 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Look for leather. I have a $100 rule about purses, and I've never had trouble finding them. The brand I have more of is SAK and Fossil. Their purses are leather and fabric, and they have a nice feel, and compartments inside. I would never buy a purse without being able to touch it.
Yes, FOSSIL is my favorite. I have a Fossil leather saddle bag crossbody that is my go to bag. It's amazing, yet simple. Many have commented on it. I damaged the closure and had it resewn, just like new. Now it just needs a cleaning. I intend to keep this bag forever! It cost about $150.00, but that was half price at Ross, two years ago or so. If I ever found another I would buy it again, even at the original price.

Old 01-06-2017, 11:17 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Fossil makes a good bag. So does Brighton but you can only find Brighton in their own stores and probably online. T.J. Maxx had some designer bags the last time I was there. Also, like was said most stores are having after holiday sales. However I have bought two designer bags from T.J. Maxx in the past and the handles start deteriorating. Try Macy's, Dillards, etc. I have bought quite a few Liz Claiborne purses from JC Penney's and they have lasted quite a few years.

It depends on how rough you are with your bags and if you use the same one all year. I have 5 different ones that I rotate depending on the season and what I'm wearing.
I am very choosy when I look at bags at TJ Max. Most of what I see are imitation leather, and some seem odd. I do run across a few nice bags there. My advice is to look carefully, examining straps and hardware, even on supposedly high end name bags. Once I found a high end bag with a broken zipper there.

If you have a local Dillards, you can often find goo bags on sale. I found a Fossil at half price last summer at a Dillards I was visiting while on a trip.

Like everything, you should know what you want and need. You can do online research and then buy in person, or you can do on the ground looking and buy online. Our bags have to function well for us; we need to learn what works for us, and how pleasing it should be to our eye. After a few years, we just know it when we see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty