Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 05:32 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
No. Male skin is different from female skin. I also think that men have the job market cornered in so many areas, that they do not need to corner the market in products for women, too. I'm sure women could use those jobs, and they would be better at it, since they are female.

Male fashion designers don't make sense to me, either. They don't have the natural ability to design for a female body, since their body is so different. And same thing for female designers of male wear. Not that they can't do a good job. But I think women do better. Men have to be trained to know certain things, like not making the hips look larger and such.

Jenner takes hormones, and has had facial laser and such done, so his skin is not male like it was before, but it is not like naturally female skin, since his skin was formed male. His top layer is thicker, and he has less fat under the skin. He has more collagen in his skin, because it's male skin. It's different. His cosmetics would be for a man who is trying to look more feminine/female, which is not the experience for females, who already look female. They use cosmetics to make the eyes look more prominent (men already have thicker lashes and brows, etc.), and such. Makes no sense.

Not sure of the thicker lashes part but Brooke Shields and Audry Hepburn used to have rather thick brows. When I was much younger, I did as well.

This early AM, I had seen an ad for makeup that was supposed to superbly cover all kinds of facial scars and blemishes, even tattoos. At this time, unfortunately, I can not recall the name of this product. It could have been advertised by both a male and a female and/or the product developed by either one for all I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 01:20 AM

26 posts, read 21,869 times
I mean there is more and more men starting to use make up due to gay community. It's perfectly normal that now we have men who are brand ambassadors. I would buy make up from a man, if I saw that he actually knows what he's talking about.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:24 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingx View Post
i don't care either way. If it looks good and it's a product i'm interested in, i'll buy it. Don't care if it's a man or woman being used as the advertisement.

this^^^^.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:20 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
This thread reminds me of an old friend. About 15 years ago we were sitting in an airport bar and a guy walked in wearing eye liner and I suppose other make up. If not for the eye liner I would not have noticed but my friend, who is a gay man looked at me and with complete sincerity said, "I respect a man who knows how to wear make up". I choked on my drink I was laughing so hard but, he was dead serious. Back then, you didn't see a lot of men wearing make up. Today, I imagine there is quire a market for it.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:54 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
I don't really use make up so it doesn't effect me. I see many make up brands are using men to sell make up. Like Bruce Jenner. Would you want to use make up that used men as models/spokesperson?
Yes, I would.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
One of my guilty pleasures is watching Instagram videos in bed at night - lots of guys showing their make up application.

Doesn't bother me. It's their face.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:35 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Applying make up properly and making it look natural or however you want it to look is an art. Even if the guy making/selling/applying it doesn't use it doesn't mean he isn't an artist with it. Do you think Tiger Woods golf coach is a better golfer than he was (when Tiger was good)?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:08 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
I don't care if the make up I buy was advertised by a woman, a man or a man who suddenly thinks he's a woman or a drag queen. I buy it if I like it.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:51 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I think we will have made a lot of progress on the whole "gender" thing if we get to a pint where straight men can wear makeup too and no one will wonder if he is gay!

Old 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think we will have made a lot of progress on the whole "gender" thing if we get to a pint where straight men can wear makeup too and no one will wonder if he is gay!
OMG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty