Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 04:37 PM

305 posts, read 1,610,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post

I have very long lower lashes as well and I have to be careful that the mascara on them doesn't transfer onto my undereye area. Too many times I have looked like someone has drawn black dots underneath my eye. Any suggestions for that?
After the mascara dries, wet one half of a q-tip and slide the wet side against your under-eye area underneath your mascara'd eyelashes, that should lift off your smudges and not mess up your lashes. (If you use waterproof mascara, you can use a bit of make-up remover, but not too much...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 08:09 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
I use a Shu Uemura eyelash curler that I order online from Sephora.com. It is expensive, about $18.00 I think. But I like it better than others. So I splurge. I also heat it up with blow dryer before using as the other poster said. But I also add the warning, make sure it's not too hot before using that way.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:48 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I use an eyelash curler but I have never noticed the brand; until now! I have very long lashes but like them to curl up a bit more than they do. I get a new curler every year and with the info here I think it's time to go ahead and change out again. I appreciate y'alls posts. When I lived in San Antonio I would have my eyelashes permed but I have yet to find a good place here in east TN that can do that service.

I have very long lower lashes as well and I have to be careful that the mascara on them doesn't transfer onto my undereye area. Too many times I have looked like someone has drawn black dots underneath my eye. Any suggestions for that?
Revlon makes a corrector pen. It is the best thing ever! If you mess up with the mascara, eyeliner, or anything, you just apply the pen over the area, and it removes! I'm assuming the felt tip of the pen has makeup remover in it, but very little comes out at a time, so the rest of your makeup stays in tact. I love it.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:23 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyKnox View Post
So my local newspaper did an article about eyelash curlers a while back. The 2 that tied for #1 were a really expensive one at Sephora, and a $1.97 at Walmart one, called LaCrosse.

I bought the LaCrosse and I love it, I've never had better curl (and it's so cheap!).

One trick is to curl your lashes before you apply mascara, and again after you apply mascara.
Oooh! Good to know! I am using a pricey Tweezerman plastic one with a silicone strip, but I read somewhere they can break easily. When mine does, I'm going for the LaCrosse one. Thanks!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:11 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,155 times
I second the Shu Uemura eye-lash curler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty