Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 05:52 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times

Advertisements

I hope I don't offend anyone here BUT one thing that has become very popular - or so it seems - are the eyebrows that are super heavy crisp lined thick ... I'll try to find a picture. Okay. No doubt this is a very pretty young lady but what's up with this trend?? Do we all know that eyebrows are supposed to consist of hair? Hers aren't as bad as some.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you consider to be the worst fashion trend for the 00s/teens?-beauty-face-makeup-make-up-e  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 06:01 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Sleeveless tops/dresses in the cold weather. Also sleeveless on women, 60+.

What if she has nicely toned arms? Why put an age on it? If an individual can pull it off then they can pull it off.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:44 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I hope I don't offend anyone here BUT one thing that has become very popular - or so it seems - are the eyebrows that are super heavy crisp lined thick ... I'll try to find a picture. Okay. No doubt this is a very pretty young lady but what's up with this trend?? Do we all know that eyebrows are supposed to consist of hair? Hers aren't as bad as some.
My niece does that. I think she looks like Groucho Marx, but she's constantly posting about how her eyebrows are on point.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:54 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
If i can remember, trucker hats, black eyeglasses, thin flannel shirts, and tight jeans, i call it the Waynes World look.

There is also that clean hobo look thats seems to be popular.

I also believe the tight fitted suit with high water pants, a size too small. It just looks effd up. A womens fit on a mans frame, just say no.

Then there is the very long shirt , with a very low crotch, but tight at the calves look, oh god!

Now for women, all black, wheres the funeral? And that long sweater coat look, jessus! And of course, women are always wearing their work out clothes, even on the off day.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:10 PM

247 posts, read 198,115 times
Quote:
I agree the heavily filled eyebrow trend currently is one that I don't enjoy. Also super distressed (shredded) denim jeans.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:13 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
clam diggers.

the fad neck scarves .

some of these "dull" color outfits ....

the one I get picked on about are my dansko- (clog style) shoes. If ppl only knew that foot comfort is priority over fashion....

Old 01-25-2017, 12:38 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
Uggs need to go away and never come back.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:36 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
I agree, I noticed this years ago in Greece, the women there had them and I was told they were tattooed on.. but I thought it was just heavy dark eyebrows that they had, but no its a fashion thing and must have been going on in Greece long before here, they really are ugly..

Old 01-25-2017, 06:28 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:

Part of the push to make ghetto fashion mainstream. Younger family members and friends' kids who are trying to act ghetto all do this and the heavy makeup thing, with the really tight bun on the top of the head that pulls the hair tightly away from the face in a way that looks almost painful. They look like clowns, and talk like cartoon caricatures with their fake ghetto accents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

I also believe the tight fitted suit with high water pants, a size too small. It just looks effd up. A womens fit on a mans frame, just say no.

Yeah and the cuffs on the sleeves are too short too. It's the new "alpha male" look, designed to make the guy look like he's got the confidence to dress a little more formally than his peers but he's too big to be contained by a mere suit. Five o'clock shadow often completes the look. Was popular in ads for hard liquor and luxury cars for a while, now you're seeing it on the street. I agree it's a bad look, but I don't know how the ladies see it. They wouldn't dress like that if they weren't getting good reactions.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:31 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Crocs. Ugh! Hideous, bad for your feet, will be in our landfills 10,000 years from now. They look like something people have to wear in a dystopian future where humans are forced to fashion their apparel from whatever industrial scraps they can find. And what's with leaving the Achilles heel exposed? I mean it's your Achilles heel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty