Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 12:43 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times

Advertisements

Love my dresses. I feel more comfortable in dresses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 12:49 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
I am a fan of long skirts. I wear them two or three times a week to work. Nice top or shirt, blazer, etc.

Otherwise, jeans, jacket, turtleneck, scarf, leather jacket if it's cold.

Rarely wear pantyhose as it is warm in Texas, occasionally tights and a above the knee skirt with boots.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:53 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I don't know about others...but the bare-legged look is great when you are tan and don't have freckles....if you are pale, have freckles or "age spots" (don't worry, pretty much everyone gets them at some point) then you'll find it is quite unflattering to go without something on your legs to even out the skin tone.

I always hated the "suntan" shade of cheap hose because it was about 10 shades too dark for me and was very obvious but brands like Hanes have a much better range to choose from and can be very natural looking. Even so, I'd never wear hose with sandals or open-toed shoes!
Agreed. I would love to wear dresses, but my legs tell me otherwise. I am very fair skinned and have varicose veins. Ohhh, to be young again!

Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
When I was in my late teens/early 20s I mostly was wearing dressing and skirts.
My boy freind at the time made a comment once asking how come I always was wearings skirts.
My smart ass response to shut him up was ... for easy access ! It made him laugh and helped change the topic, but that was not the real reason why. It was more related to not being able to find pants that really fit me well. When to have full butt finding pants at that time that actually hugged the curves well was difficulty for me. They either fit too big in the legs ore too tight in the butt. I was not finding pants that really complemented by body shape so I started wearing more skirts.

Since around mid-20s I am almost always wearing pants/ short. I will sleep in dress like things... but don't wear dresses unless it is a formal occasion.

I think it is just fluctuation in style. I finds pants ( likely because I am wearing yoga style pants) more practical and comfortable.

I find dresses skirts less practical.

For example the current pants I am wearing can take me from work ... to walking/running/ exercise.... to hanging out ... going out for dinner or whatever. I just need to adjust the top I am wearing.

I can start off the day wearing a suit jacket/ more profession look and just take off my suit jacket and do something exercise related or go a concert after work. As far as I am concerned dresses/skirts are a lot less versatile.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:03 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
When I was a kid, girls had to wear skirts and dresses. I lived in a cold climate and dresses to school was miserable, below zero cold wind up your skirt was no fun. Plus it meant we couldn't really play at recess either. We had to just stand around while the boys had all the fun.

Choices are always better!

Old 01-27-2017, 06:34 PM

619 posts, read 575,367 times
I was raised Jewish orthodox and we weren't allowed to wear pants or shirts. My parents delete more lenient so they did allow ys, but we were allowed to wear pants to school or after school hours (those were the rules(.

Anyway, that pretty much ensured that I would live in slacks and jeans after I finished school. Now that I'm more mature, I find that I like dresses or skirts sometimes. For work, I usually wear skirts or dress. Summer time I usually wear sleeveless dresses. For non work hours I wear jeans or leggings

Old 01-27-2017, 09:51 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,934 times
I love casual dresses during the summer...but you'll be hard-pressed to find me in one during the fall or winter, unless I'm going to a wedding or something. I am NOT going to be putting on any pantyhose, period. Maybe a pair of tights, but I'm still not much of a fan...leggings or jeans and sweaters in the fall/winter FOR THE WIN.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:43 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,033 times
I wear skirts and dresses I have not worn pants in many years.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:07 AM

67 posts, read 41,292 times
Mostly pants, but I do wear skirts occasionally.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:29 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,356,199 times
I am pretty slim but I don't find dresses to be very flattering on me. Sure, they look great on top but I have very wide ankles/knees and as a result, calves that look very big for the rest of my body. Between that and the intense spider veins I have from getting hit by a car, I do not like showing my legs.

I do make an exception---if my husband would like me to wear a dress or I am going somewhere I feel it is more appropriate, I will wear a very long dress in the summer. I will only do dresses in the summer anyway because I am always cold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty