Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Christie Brinkley is gorgeous and an inspiration!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 07:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Some of her nutrition tips....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_K9eVgQBKg

Old 02-17-2017, 07:18 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Look...she still has to earn her living (and maintain the lifestyle that she and her kids are accustomed to) by her appearance...so she has to invest in the product to keep it marketable.
Right. What a dismaying, one-dimensional way to live. I'm not jealous (I am a man). It's the issue of hearing about Christie Brinkley all over the media for an exaggerated, very superficial accomplishment (some of which originally was genetic/not her doing). #fakenews I'd rather hear meaningful news.

Last edited by goodheathen; 02-17-2017 at 07:49 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 08:00 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,256,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Right. What a dismaying, one-dimensional way to live. I'm not jealous (I am a man). It's the issue of hearing about Christie Brinkley all over the media for an exaggerated, very superficial accomplishment (some of which originally was genetic/not her doing). #fakenews I'd rather hear meaningful news.
Well, this is the fashion and beauty section of the forum, and Christie Brinkley was a top fashion/beauty model during her heyday, so it makes sense that people are talking about how well she looks for her age.

Last edited by Gretchen963; 02-17-2017 at 08:30 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Christy is an actual friend of mine. She's beautiful inside and out.

She's made her money on her looks so it is her JOB to always look good.

She has to literally watch every thing she eats all her life to pay her bills.

That isn't the way most of us want to live.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:04 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
It would help if the OP would post a picture of someone they think doesn't look 63. Depending on the OP age, their idea of 63 might be different than mine. I'm 44 and when I was young (grade school) 60 looked much different than today. Even 40 is vastly different.

Old 02-18-2017, 12:01 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,263 times
In these pics you provided, she looks better than most similar-type 50-somethings. She looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie99 View Post
Not even Christie Brinkley looks like Christie Brinkley. Even with her millions of dollars, decades on a strict vegan diet, she still looks her age up close. In TV appearances and well lit photos, she can pass as a woman in her 40s, but that's smoke and mirrors. She looks good but she still looks her age. This is not a young-looking woman:

http://i64.tinypic.com/3c1dz.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2dan41y.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/13zy4ar.jpg

It goes to show you that even with that much money, the best docs, diet, and all the effort in the world, you're still gonna look around your age. She says looking good at her age is "hellishly hard work". Christie Brinkley admits looking this good at 61 is hellishly hard work* | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-18-2017, 12:38 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
Well, this is the fashion and beauty section of the forum, and Christie Brinkley was a top fashion/beauty model during her heyday, so it makes sense that people are talking about how well she looks for her age.
I don't mind it being talked about here. I mind when it's mentioned as major story across my TV, in place of news I'd find more interesting. It's also bad because it is part of the cousin propaganda campaigns of all women are beautiful and all women can be beautiful. Do we need to promote more political correctness (e.g., Christie Brinkley looks young) and more consumerism and vanity in the elderly now?

Old 02-18-2017, 06:18 AM

10,763 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Hard to believe, and rather sick that the media cares so much about a person's appearance.
99% of people don't care whether Brinkley looks young or old.
Many of the worst people in the world look young and 'beautiful', so its completely irrelevant.

Old 02-18-2017, 07:07 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie99 View Post
Not even Christie Brinkley looks like Christie Brinkley. Even with her millions of dollars, decades on a strict vegan diet, she still looks her age up close. In TV appearances and well lit photos, she can pass as a woman in her 40s, but that's smoke and mirrors. She looks good but she still looks her age. This is not a young-looking woman:

http://i64.tinypic.com/3c1dz.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2dan41y.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/13zy4ar.jpg

It goes to show you that even with that much money, the best docs, diet, and all the effort in the world, you're still gonna look around your age. She says looking good at her age is "hellishly hard work". Christie Brinkley admits looking this good at 61 is hellishly hard work* | Daily Mail Online

Well, you know what they say. It is better to be a has been than a never been. She was gorgeous and still is an attractive lady. But, I guess some people are just jealous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty