Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think about long hair on men?
LOVE IT! 55 54.46%
HATE IT! 43 42.57%
Men have hair? 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 03:40 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
I miss my long hair.
Me after about 12 days at sea back in 95 sailing the 2 man Transpac LA to Honolulu :-D

If you can sail that boat from LA to Honolulu -- I don't care how long your hair is ! Woof.

(Don't care for that chin stripe in your profile pic though)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 03:53 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I thought this was interesting ... page after page of confirmation that I really do prefer short hair on men. I think of these 14 pages, I only saw a couple that I think looked better with long hair.

10+ Incredible Photos Before and After A Haircut Prove A Good Barber Is Like A Plastic Surgeon
It seems like only a few of them really took care of their hair. Quite a few seemed to have had very dry, dull, limp, or otherwise damaged looking hair. It's amazing though how some of them seem like completely different people, afterward, however.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:27 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,064,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Wow - I so agree! Every one of those guys looks better (and younger) with the short, stylish hair. I really do not like to see men with long scraggly hair and beards, it just looks "bummish" and they look older. It is especially important when men reach a certain age, and the hair gets thin, dry, scraggly and grey. I see that look a lot where I live....
Of course you are comparing an unkempt long hair "style" with the work of a good barber - a more apples to apples comparison would be to have someone shape up the long hair, but leave it fairly long, THEN go to the short haircut. IMHO anyway.

When my hair gets long, it's because I have not had time to get away to the barber, although, my barber cuts my hair such that as it grows out, it stays at least partially "styled" for maybe up to 6 weeks.

One thing I will say, is if a guy has significant hair loss, growing the fringe long and even putting it into a pony tail (yeah, I know at least one old hippie who does this) - how to put it - is probably not the best "look" for these guys (if mostly bald on top, IMHO shave that head or at least buzz cut)

Yeah, a guy needs to be above average in looks, and definitely not fat, to pull off the long hair look. Examples are many 70's rock stars.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:51 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,061,419 times
I like guys with feminine facial features, but I draw the line at them having long hair. That would make them look too girly, in my opinion.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:55 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,061,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
1D is a thing of the past, and Harry is apparently a little man hoar, but so freaking cute. Not only long hair, but long, wild, wavy hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7xxCeP-F8Y
The reason why Harry was never my favourite out of One Direction, was because he always looked like he needed a good hair cut!

Old 10-31-2017, 05:42 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,395 times
This poll needs more choices. I neither "love" nor "hate" long hair on men; furthermore, I am well aware that men have hair.

As others have stated, men's hair, I don't know, "mair?," requires maintenance, just like any other function of human anatomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty