Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:19 AM

710 posts, read 584,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Plastic surgery or not, age is always the great equalizer. We all end up ugly and if we started out ugly, at least we are used to it. And very few people actually like the way they look.
I just didn't want to accept it without putting up a fight so to speak. I wanted to explore any avenue I could to increase my attractiveness before I just accept being ugly for the rest of my life. The weird thing is that both my mom and dad looked pretty attractive when they were younger judging by the pictures I've seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 10:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
Wait another 5 years. If you still feel this way about it then do something. I think you are too young to make a rational decision.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Wait another 5 years. If you still feel this way about it then do something. I think you are too young to make a rational decision.
That was my plan anyway. I'm not going to have the money to do it for a while, probably not until the next 5-10 years. Maybe even longer.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:50 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I'm asking because I'm considering getting it done in the future. I know that some people have had bad results or ended up looking worse after getting surgery but are there any examples of it actually benefiting someone and drastically increasesing their attractiveness? I'm also interested if anyone has any personal stories about their own experiences with it.
You're kidding, right? If people didn't generally look better, why do you think they'd have it done?

The crucial thing is: do you have something specific in mind? It won't just magically make you handsomer. The idea is that it deals with a defect.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:57 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I don't doubt that I'm capable of finding love. I've had a girlfriend before so I know that I can find someone who likes me for me. In fact, in my opinion she was out of my league in the looks department.

I'm also working on getting more in shape even though I've always been pretty thin. I just ran three miles last night and I'm trying to have a cleaner diet. I'm hoping that a combination of being in shape and age will help me look better in the future.

Excellent plan. It will work. Being fit and lean also has positive psychic benefits and gives you confidence. Confidence will show in your disposition. You will be a better looking person merely by being fit and confident. It shows in ways you can't quantify.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
Now is not the time for cosmetic surgery. I don't think waiting a decade makes much sense, either. I believe it benefits people more when they're young and not well-established in life. That is, if surgery by itself would give a major boost to attractiveness.

Old 03-26-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Now is not the time for cosmetic surgery. I don't think waiting a decade makes much sense, either. I believe it benefits people more when they're young and not well-established in life. That is, if surgery by itself would give a major boost to attractiveness.
I have no choice in the matter, I'm forced to wait until I can compile enough money. Even if the surgery plan doesn't work, I still won't stop trying. Some people say that you can do anything in life if you put your mind to it and I literally want to be attractive more than anything.

Old 03-26-2017, 07:38 PM

There are special financing arrangements for cosmetic surgery.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:54 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
You know what's amazing? If you google "celebrities with unattractive spouses" you'll find a lot of articles with celebrities married to decent looking people.

1. People care a lot less about how you look than you might imagine
2. Attractiveness is a totally subjective thing - as is ugliness
3. A good portion of attractiveness has to do with who the person IS, not how they look

OP, get yourself some counseling -- your problem is a matter of perception only. As many others including myself have already said.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
You know what's amazing? If you google "celebrities with unattractive spouses" you'll find a lot of articles with celebrities married to decent looking people.

1. People care a lot less about how you look than you might imagine
2. Attractiveness is a totally subjective thing - as is ugliness
3. A good portion of attractiveness has to do with who the person IS, not how they look

OP, get yourself some counseling -- your problem is a matter of perception only. As many others including myself have already said.
1 is misleading. Potential romantic partners care significantly.
2 is mostly false. There is a ton of research on how physical attractiveness is widely agreed upon.
3 is mostly false and generally irrelevant re meeting new people.

He can get counseling and maybe it will help (he's said some things that are "off"), but I presume that almost nobody here knows what he looks like and can't say whether his appearance is a problem (which doesn't always mean ugly). It's amazing how vigorously people attack those (probably more so men) who complain about how they look.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-27-2017 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty