Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:28 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,049 times

Advertisements

I'm attending a "white party" where everybody wears white.

I bought a white hat with a black band. I was told I have to wear ALL white. Does anybody know about these parties? Is this true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2017, 03:31 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
I wonder if anyone is declining the invitation because they don't own white. I certainly wouldn't buy anythign for a particular party.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:55 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I'm attending a "white party" where everybody wears white.

I bought a white hat with a black band. I was told I have to wear ALL white. Does anybody know about these parties? Is this true?
There is a little, but not much, info if you Google this. If getting an all white outfit is too much bother for you, just decline the invitation. If you want to go and want to wear your new hat, just take off the black band and add a wide white ribbon.

If you really, really like these people, then I think you should go. But if you are lukewarm, then why bother?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
I have attended such parties over the years, some more formal than others, but if the invitation said all white, that's just what it means. Generally, not every attendee followed it strictly and nor were they turned away. Guess it will depend on how rigid the host is, but it's rare to encounter hard stead no drop of color allowed at all. You could always carry a band of white ribbon to pin around the black bland just in case.

You can see in these videos, some people have not just drops of color, but half or full outfits with color least one person had a hat with a band of color

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Rdg6P8204

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4YPRmzzJyE

Just added this one cause I like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1X6kkwHd6g

Fun one for the kiddies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldTaVlYtD5U&spfreload=1

Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 AM

461 posts, read 509,527 times
I don't own anything white. I would ruin it if I did, I am such klutz. So I would have to decline on that note. Unless I found something reasonable at a thrift store. Now an all black party... that I got!

Old 04-01-2017, 10:57 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
I can't abide any event that requires special clothing (other than what's appropriate for the occasion.) I don't mind getting dressed up, but if I have to wear a costume of any sort, including wearing only one color, pfft.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:46 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't abide any event that requires special clothing (other than what's appropriate for the occasion.) I don't mind getting dressed up, but if I have to wear a costume of any sort, including wearing only one color, pfft.
I'd rather go to a costume party where at least I get to put some creativity into my costume. A "everyone wears all white" party sounds boring.

OP, I've never heard of such a party, is there some sort of history of tradition for having everyone wear white? What do people do at these white parties?

Old 04-01-2017, 03:48 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
OP, I've never heard of such a party, is there some sort of history of tradition for having everyone wear white? What do people do at these white parties?
Try to stay away from the red wine and anything with tomato sauce, I'd imagine.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:46 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
A party is a party, you get an invite, accept decline, not a big deal, the people who choose to attend generally have a good time, it's not a costume party, you just wear attire that is white, no different than any other affair which may sometimes put out a request of something or another. If it is bothersome to a person, just ignore the invite and stay home.

Some people hold them as charitable events. It doesn't look to me the people in those videos are having a not so fun time. These types of parties are held world wide, just one more fun themed party that has a very long history held by different people and groups for a variety of reasons. I guess it just depends on your fun meter if you can take it in stride, I've attended many kinds of themed parties, for the most part I've enjoyed them.

My first white party was sometime early 90's it was very laid back, that one some probably would have thought was boring, but, it was nice, more of a lawn event with lawn games.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:58 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
It's true. I've heard of them and seen photos. I didn't know anyone still did this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty