Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 AM

190 posts, read 246,802 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this will help, but Im new to foundation. I tried drug store brands and it made my skin look too dark or dirty and it was the lightest shade. So thats when I wanted to try an upscale brand like at Sephora, MAC, Nordstrom, etc so I looked up what was good foundation -- was recommended the Kat Von D foundation at Sephora -- tried the Kat Von D foundation. I first tried the powder one and it is great for my needs and how I want it to look. Recently (3 months ago) I bought the liquid version. I have used it a few times though and still satisfied with how liquid turned out (for my needs of course).

I do not have oily skin or anything, so I am not sure if this would help. I guess you can just go to store and put on a sample thats there in store where the foundation is that they let you test it beforehand -- you can put some on your face (obviously a small amount on one side of your face, but enough to see how it turns out before buying the whole bottle or compact) and see how it is throughout the day before you buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 04:15 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
Thanks ladies, I am still at it, a real "pia"... I came close with Estee Lauder double wear but the color was not perfect so going to keep looking until I can't, tried a lot but still have more to try from your recommendations, keep them coming please and in the meantime I am hoping that Prescriptives will be back in stock with the virtual matte foundation but it has been a long while so don't know what is going on, maybe I will get lucky soon, I sure am tired of looking!

Old 04-03-2017, 05:01 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Here is a good starting place.

Best Foundations Without Sunscreen: Best Foundations Without Sunscreen: Beautypedia Makeup Reviews

Best Foundation With Sunscreen: Best Foundations With Sunscreen: Beautypedia Makeup Reviews

You can read the descriptions and see which ones are matte. Very new foundations won't be on the lists as it takes them a while to get around to reviewing them all.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:57 PM

12 posts, read 6,848 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for this thread. I do have oily skin and my foundation doesn't last long.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
I wanted to add to my previous recs of Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I bought the appropriate foundation, for normal to dry skin. I've used it, and I think it is a good product for younger skin. I felt that it had a slightly chalky look on me, with my old, dry skin. But the product stays on all day, and it comes in quite a few colors.

If you have younger skin that is not terribly dry, I think the Colorstay is a good option if you need good all day coverage. I will say that it does not help the look of imperfect skin, however.

I'm going back to Revlon's BB cream as my foundation. It is oil based and it seems to look better on my face.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:13 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,373 times
Thanks everyone, this was very helpful. I went with Estee Lauder Double Wear, best coverage and tried alot but couldn't really match the color perfectly... still hoping Prescriptives matt will return but not holding my breath. Thanks again!!!

Old 10-31-2017, 03:12 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,972 times
I recently ran out of my foundation (MAC Pro long) and have been in search for something new. After reading rave review of Estee Lauder Double Wear in this thread, I decided to check it out. I got a sample this weekend & the color matched my skin like glove. After the first dab, I didn't know where my natural skin was and where foundation went on. never had that great color match

but I have semi dry skin & this is matt foundation. I do feel tightness on my cheek first hour. I love the coverage but also worry if its making me look more dry. I will try it with maximum moisturize tomorrow and see how it feels. I also hate that it doesn't have SPF. The water base has SPF but that has half a shade lighter in color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty