Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 02:25 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times

Advertisements

3 words: Look at me

Old 03-31-2017, 02:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
It's so funny how SOME posters never miss a thread about leggings. LOL

Old 03-31-2017, 02:56 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I wear leggings occasionally because they're comfortable. I'm usually just running errands or hanging out with a friend. I'm not sure why anyone else should care.

I have a friend who wears them to work about half the time. She usually looks cute as she pairs them with tunics, etc. I wouldn't do it, but more power to her.
I love leggings with boots during the winter and ballet flats during the spring/summer, but I hate that it's so tight that it outlines your crotch (camel toe) and your butt shape, so I must wear a mini skirt over it. I'm also still looking for a tunic.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I'm six months pregnant and wear maternity leggings a lot. I'm carrying a basketball between my pelvic bones; I'll determine what's comfortable for me, thanks.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:30 PM

588 posts, read 562,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm six months pregnant and wear maternity leggings a lot. I'm carrying a basketball between my pelvic bones; I'll determine what's comfortable for me, thanks.
Leggings paired with a tunic (that covers all parts) is a separate wardrobe fashion statement from my original statement, my original post is about wearing active wear/spandex as an everyday wardrobe choice.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm pretty sure pregnant women get a pass.

Not that you were worried about it.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
An awful lot of women, even older women, wear tights now, with not necessarily long tops. That's what I notice. I notice this on older fit women and a lot of younger women. I see this at the gym and at the supermarket. One of my grands' teacher, a very nice looking older woman, wore tights and a shorter top just recently. I admit my eyebrows were up my hairline over the look. When I mentioned this to my DIL, she just smiled and passed it off. I got the feeling she would not have been nearly as surprised as I was.

So I guess the look is normal to everyone else.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:17 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I'm not sure why anyone else should care.
I think this is all that needs to be said. OP, why do you care what others wear? Are you being forced to wear clothes you don't like? I'm guessing no, so how is it affecting your life?

I always find these threads odd. Men have been wearing sweatpants, track pants, basketball shorts, etc. for years in public, but now that women are wearing yoga pants instead of jeans its suddenly this horrible trend that has taken over society.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:27 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Leggings paired with a tunic (that covers all parts) is a separate wardrobe fashion statement from my original statement, my original post is about wearing active wear/spandex as an everyday wardrobe choice.
I think people tend to gravitate toward a "uniform." What they wear for an activity where they spend a lot of their time, is what they wear. You're on vacation. You don't have to dress for work. You're in a casual mountain town. What casual, comfortable clothes do you have on hand? Work out wear.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:42 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,417,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's so funny how SOME posters never miss a thread about leggings. LOL
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Seems that every post I've made in any "leggings" thread (usually I post by the 4th-5th page) gets responses from the same cast of characters.

Was talking to my wife about this the other day as we were talking about things we tend to spend the most money on (or are addicted to), mine is guitar/camera gear, and hers is leggings. I LOVE her in the leggings though, but she's an athlete (sports, athletics, yoga, dance, etc.) so she's always wearing them. Lorna Jane and Lululemon are her (and my) favorites.

Here is an interesting article that was posted today in the Yoga International FB page about leggings: https://yogainternational.com/articl...paign=articles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty