Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 09:54 PM

300 posts, read 238,638 times

Advertisements

Lately, I have seen several women on television wearing a new foundation or a new moisturizer that is dewy. It looks beautiful, but I have no idea which one is it.

I have very-dry skin, and like my make-up to be DEWY, and most foundations make my skin dry, especially the matte one, which does nothing for my skin, but makes it look drier.

I purchased Elizabeth Arden foundation, and put in a dab of oil, and it has been the closest one to make my skin look alive, but E/A is too expensive.....

How about these tinted moisturizers. Does anyone know which one makes the skin look dewy?

Hoping that I get some solutions, here. Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 10:30 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,703,352 times
I really like L'Oreal True Match Lumi. You can get it for around $10 or less at Target or Walmart.

I have always put a moisturizer (or coconut oil) on my face prior to putting on any foundation. But True Match Lumi is the only foundation that I have found yet that keeps my face moisturized all day and night and not dried out. I love how it feels going on and how well it covers and blends without having to use much at all. It really has a nice moisturizing feel to it. I have even skipped (or forgot) the moisturizer underneath a few times and it still feels great.

https://www.google.com/#q=true+match+lumi&*

I have also heard good things about the Neutrogena Hydro Boost which is also around $10.
http://www.target.com/p/neutrogena-h...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Any of the foundations you see on TV on the info-ads is going to cost an arm and a leg. They may have introductory offers but after that they are all very expensive.

Last edited by Corn-fused; 04-02-2017 at 10:39 PM..

Old 04-03-2017, 01:34 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
You might try using an illuminating highlighter/concealer to get that dewy look.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:49 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,408 times
I just bought my first MAC foundation yesterday. One day in but satisfied with its short performance. I got the Studio one which is described as looking dewy while having a satin finish.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:01 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
You might try using an illuminating highlighter/concealer to get that dewy look.
Yes, if it's a newer look the OP is noticing, the dewyness might be from a highlighter.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:18 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
I wear a Mary Kay tinted moisturizer. Love it. I also have a little jar of Ponds face cream - I put a few drops of Estee Lauder All Day make-up into it and stir it up.

Gives coverage but not make-upy.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:31 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineBasmati View Post
Lately, I have seen several women on television wearing a new foundation or a new moisturizer that is dewy. It looks beautiful, but I have no idea which one is it.

I have very-dry skin, and like my make-up to be DEWY, and most foundations make my skin dry, especially the matte one, which does nothing for my skin, but makes it look drier.

I purchased Elizabeth Arden foundation, and put in a dab of oil, and it has been the closest one to make my skin look alive, but E/A is too expensive.....

How about these tinted moisturizers. Does anyone know which one makes the skin look dewy?

Hoping that I get some solutions, here. Thank you,
Which ONE? Walk into a Sephora or Ulta, and they can probably recommend a dozen or so foundations that are more dewy than matte. But like others have mentioned, it's probably also a function of illuminating moisturizers/primers as well as liberal use of highlighters. Highighting and contouring is the big makeup craze these days.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
I'm hating on the highlighters these days. Many people look like grease balls now. And then there are the ones that highlight the tip of their nose.

Highlighting can look good on camera, but often terrible in real life.

I'd just go for the dewy hydrating foundation and call it a day.

Old 04-03-2017, 12:13 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
Could it be BB cream? It's popular in Korea by both men and women, getting popular here in the US apparently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDTYkcxrc78
youtube video on how to make it yourself

sounds like it is a sun block/lotion/foundation that's mixed together and packaged at a marked up price, video makes it look easy to make

Old 04-03-2017, 12:30 PM

300 posts, read 238,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
I really like L'Oreal True Match Lumi. You can get it for around $10 or less at Target or Walmart.

I have always put a moisturizer (or coconut oil) on my face prior to putting on any foundation. But True Match Lumi is the only foundation that I have found yet that keeps my face moisturized all day and night and not dried out. I love how it feels going on and how well it covers and blends without having to use much at all. It really has a nice moisturizing feel to it. I have even skipped (or forgot) the moisturizer underneath a few times and it still feels great.

https://www.google.com/#q=true+match+lumi&*

I have also heard good things about the Neutrogena Hydro Boost which is also around $10.
Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

Any of the foundations you see on TV on the info-ads is going to cost an arm and a leg. They may have introductory offers but after that they are all very expensive.
Corn-fused: you have been very helpful and kind with your message, and I thank you. I will try all of them. I do not mind paying up to $35 per bottle, but Elizabeth Arden's Foundation is $49 plus tax. That places it on a different range, however, it is excellent.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty