Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 457 times

Advertisements

Concerning the skincare routine, it has been a completely frustrating task for me. But this is no longer my case. I am using my grandmothers' trick, I.e. cleansing my face with cold water every night and applying a cold cream and cleansing my face in the morning and washing with lukewarm water, applying sunscreen. Simple and effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 05:58 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,916 times
I’m also in the process of evaluating my skincare and trying to get serious around using anti-aging products.

Morning:

Soap
Toner
Eye cream
Regular moisturizer or moisturizer with sunscreen if I’m going out

Evening:
Cleansing Oil
Soap
Glycolic wipes
Eye cream
Night serum
Olive oil mixed with either regular moisturizer or a retinol cream. I alternate the two nightly.

I also do a mask and exfoliation 2 to 3x a week. I doubled cleanse in the evening even though I’m not wearing makeup during the day. I’ve found it keeps my face from getting congested.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:49 AM

9,460 posts, read 5,225,471 times
Wash my face twice daily.
Morning and night
Apply ayurvedic face oil morning and night (different formulations for each.
for exfoliation, I have simply used a rough facecloth, gently, when I feel its needed, while washing.

I'm waiting for the arrival of an ayurvedic facial cleanser that has coconut in it and an eye butter (ghee based with sandalwood) and I am going to try a full ayurvedic regimen on my skin for the next few months and see how it goes.

But I also believe 'less is more.' cleanse, moisturize, exfoliate every so often, and use an eye cream.

In another thread I commented on how much I liked the oils...this is the company.

https://theayurvedaexperience.com/pa...a%20Experience

Old 01-05-2021, 08:25 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Morning - just water unless I'll be wearing make-up that day. Then I use Ceravie face wash, Olay serum & moisturizer.

Evening - Clinque's Take the Day Off if I've worn make-up that day. If not, I use No. 7's Beautiful Skin Age Defense Cleanser followed by toner, heavy duty moisturizer and eye cream, usually something for sensitive skin.

I really wish I had started taking care of my skin when I was in my 30's instead of waiting till I was almost 50. I've been fortunate to inherit my family's lack of wrinkles but I do see some fine lines under my eyes.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:07 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
Hardly anything....

-- Throw water on my face to rinse in the morning.
-- Wash with Neutrogena's Acne bar about once every 3-4 months.
-- Use a combination of drug store facial scrubs about once every 3-4 months. (Brands I've used over the years include: Desert Essence ,Aveeno, Neutrogena, St. Ives, Aveda. Kate Somerville). I squeeze a bit of all of them, and use them all mixed together.

-- Since June at least once or twice a week I use a home-made turmeric mask.

===========================

I have tried Biore and Peter Thomas Roth masks. Was NOT impressed.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:04 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
my skin care regime at night is remove makeup (if i have any on), rinse skin with warm water and dove soap, exfoliate face and neck with a dry, fairly rough washcloth, apply retin-a. in the morning, i apply olay total effects serum on face and neck and wear a hat at all times when outside. I can't wear sunscreen of any kind as it causes a rash because of sensitive skin to most chemicals.

Old 01-05-2021, 12:15 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
AM
Wash with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple and a Clairsonic (I'm so bummed they've gone out of business. I'll have to check out Foreo when I run out of replacement brush heads)
Apply Niacinamide serum and Vitamin C serum, followed by SPF (if leaving the house, which isn't very often these days) and a moisturizer (currently IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Gel Lotion)

PM
Clinique's Take the Day Off cleansing balm if I wore makeup that day (again, not very often these days) followed by Cerave cleanser, followed by some sort of oil or oil blend for overnight hydrating (either an ayruvedic oil or a wonderful blend of olive, lavender, almond and grapeseed oils that I get on Amazon)

Old 01-05-2021, 02:32 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
A.M. Splash with cool water, then moisturize with a light lotion of some type. (Using Simple Kind to Skin light moisturizer in the squeeze pouch right now.)

P.M. Wash using unscented Neutrogena glycerin bar soap, then moisturize again.

I'll wear a hat, sunglasses, and/or use facial sunscreen if I'm going to be outside of the house. If I'm just going to be indoors, it's moisturizer only.

Biore pore strips are something that I'll use from time to time, but for the most part, the above routine works for me. Simple, effective, and easy to take on the road as needed.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:06 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
Morning, just rinse my face with water, no cleansers. Matrixyl 3000 (about to add Matixyl synth), on alternate days I use coq10 serum OR a vitC + niacinamide, then hyaluronic acid, then Neutrogena Boost Hydrogel cream (I generally do each about 10 mins after the other as I'm piddling around the house or getting dressed, etc. using Alexa as my reminder, lol).

Night, Mostly Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm (or Elizabeth Arden Cleansing Oil with Ceramides) then on alternate nights I use tretinoin or The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid toner, wait 30-45 mins then moisturizer.

Although, after reading all of the science I am probably going to start microneedling marionette lines.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:44 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
THE SINNER

I do the sinner's routine. I think I am the only one here living in sin.

AM: Wash face in bath along with hair and body. Apply tretinoin and any prescription cream on eczema breakouts.
Do hair and makeup.

PM: Fall in bed with makeup.

AM Again: Get up, wash, rinse and repeat.

Justification for my sins: I get up early and spend so much time on exercise, diet and clean living. I just don't have it in me at night to add more time to an already "self" schedule. Just falling in bed is awesome. Awesome I tell you! May the clean living habits forgive my sins.

The end. : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty