Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Are you guys kidding me? What better opportunities would her family have if it was not for that show? They would be in the same trashy horrible situation .... but with less money and less chance to possible see what else life has to offer out of the hole-in-the-wall patch in the USA they live. Oh wait wasn't Mama June working on her PHD in Chemistry before the family the Honey Boo Boo show contract . She would be totally stupid to turn down that offer in my books. That family has nothing else going for them.
I don't disagree that she seized an opportunity. What I don't get is how you are so blind to the rest of the dysfunction that has not gone away in spite of seizing this opportunity. I don't watch the show, but it doesn't sound like she or her family are becoming better people as a result. What is she going to do when this gravy train is finished? This show isn't going to last forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,725,072 times
Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
I don't disagree that she seized an opportunity. What I don't get is how you are so blind to the rest of the dysfunction that has not gone away in spite of seizing this opportunity. I don't watch the show, but it doesn't sound like she or her family are becoming better people as a result. What is she going to do when this gravy train is finished? This show isn't going to last forever.
1. Regarding the rest of the dysfunction .... I don't care? That has nothing to do this the thread? This thread is about her physical appearance. They were dysfunction before ... now she just looks a lot better.

2. If you don't watch the show then your opinion of "how they are doing" does not really have much merit. I don't watch the show either currently.... but caught a few minutes of the show here and there over the last years prior and was pretty mortified regarding the foods that family was eating. I am not interested in being expert on their family life. The camera usually taint the situation to get the most shock value regardless .... just saying she looks a lot better.

3. There is no gravy train her. They are being play to allow camera in their lives. Lots of people make money this way. If given the opportunity even more people would do this. If people were not being entertained by watching the show it would have be pulled already. This networks are not doing this out of charity. If the family was not poor, dysfunctional and trashy no one would be watching the show. TLC has made a killing out of exploiting people with their shows. I don't see why this family should also not make use of this opportunity while it is still available.

Look at all the other families and people that are doing this .... ..

Kardashians
Browns
Duggars
Duck Dynasty
3 Little McGees
Kate Plus 8
Gypsy Sisters
Little People

The woman lost a huge amount of weight. Most people that size never get the opportunity to be assisted in doing that. She looks crazy better. No sure why people need to analyze ever aspect of her life in relation to her weight loss?

Last edited by klmrocks; 04-18-2017 at 08:38 AM..

Old 04-18-2017, 10:43 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:

3. There is no gravy train her. They are being play to allow camera in their lives.

LOL.

You do know that "reality" shows are @actually highly staged and scripted, right? They're not actually documentaries.

Also, LOL at "no gravy train."

Old 04-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
LOL.

You do know that "reality" shows are @actually highly staged and scripted, right? They're not actually documentaries.

Also, LOL at "no gravy train."
That is the entertainment business.
This family has been the butt of all sorts of jokes. Even the court jesters need to be paid.
People watch the show and it is still on the air so at least they are getting paid to be trash instead of just being trashy for free .

Regarless ....

It is pretty evident that a lot of people just love of hate on other people to make themselves feel better about their own situations.

All I see is a poor women who comes from a less then fortunate background start to get a bigger income and an opportunity to physically change her own body and life around for the better. She looks better.

No sure why it is so hard to provide some praise for a positive action without taking every thing else in the world in to consideration.

This thread if anything just proves that if you want to make positive changes in your life first step is to TUNE OUT negeative people.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:00 AM

1,347 posts, read 945,392 times
Quote:
2. If you don't watch the show then your opinion of "how they are doing" does not really have much merit. I don't watch the show either currently....
Do you see the irony here?

What were you hoping would come out of this thread? A bunch of people agreeing with you that "wow yeah she looks amazing"? In complete isolation and out of context, w/o regard to the rest of her lifestyle? That is either disingenuous or wishful thinking.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:35 AM

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
Do you see the irony here?

What were you hoping would come out of this thread? A bunch of people agreeing with you that "wow yeah she looks amazing"? In complete isolation and out of context, w/o regard to the rest of her lifestyle? That is either disingenuous or wishful thinking.
There is no irony to be seen. I don't recall saying I knew how her family was doing. Even if someone did watch the show now it does not really tell the full story as it is edited to reflect the story that the producers want to go with. I saw pictures of how she looks after the weight loss. This is about her physical appearance ... not her parenting skiils, her choice in partners, where she lives, her kids or anything else. Just visual....

Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Ok, ignoring who she is as a person...

It's a shame that she isn't also making sincere attempts at following a healthier lifestyle. In the articles I've read about her weight loss transformation, the focus is on the numerous surgeries. Yes, I understand that the surgeries were the reason behind the loss. I don't have any issue with people going the surgical route, especially if they are morbidly obese. However, this would have been a good time for her to make sincere attempts at changing or life or she's going to end up even worse. her attempts at exercise are half hearted. She regularly "cheats". This is a disservice to all of the regular people out there because they may think that all they need to do, if they regain, is maybe have more surgery or give up. I am clearly seeing a person whose mentality hasn't changed and what that shows is that surgical weight loss only fixes the physical problem not the mental problem. Personally, I think she should have started the weight loss journey doing things the "old fashioned way" -i.e. controlling her portions, exercising - and then using surgery as a tool to remove the rest of the weight. At least it would fix her mental state. Simply getting "turkey neck" corrective surgery isn't teaching her how to avoid the issues that caused her to get the turkey neck in the first place.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:13 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Ok, ignoring who she is as a person...

It's a shame that she isn't also making sincere attempts at following a healthier lifestyle. In the articles I've read about her weight loss transformation, the focus is on the numerous surgeries. Yes, I understand that the surgeries were the reason behind the loss. I don't have any issue with people going the surgical route, especially if they are morbidly obese. However, this would have been a good time for her to make sincere attempts at changing or life or she's going to end up even worse. her attempts at exercise are half hearted. She regularly "cheats". This is a disservice to all of the regular people out there because they may think that all they need to do, if they regain, is maybe have more surgery or give up. I am clearly seeing a person whose mentality hasn't changed and what that shows is that surgical weight loss only fixes the physical problem not the mental problem. Personally, I think she should have started the weight loss journey doing things the "old fashioned way" -i.e. controlling her portions, exercising - and then using surgery as a tool to remove the rest of the weight. At least it would fix her mental state. Simply getting "turkey neck" corrective surgery isn't teaching her how to avoid the issues that caused her to get the turkey neck in the first place.
And in the articles I've read and on the show she states that she has made a commitment to a healthier lifestyle and is also attempting to change hers daughters unhealthy habits. I feel as though the effort she's putting forth is sincere at this point, even though it may have started as a flippant attempt at revenge on her ex. Having spent a sizable amount of money and undergone several painful surgeries she sounds determined to not let her efforts go to waste.
“She had a gastric sleeve back in May of 2015, and then she slowly started losing weight, and the reason she got the gastric sleeve was because she was at a plateau — she couldn’t lose any weight,” Pumpkin, 17, told Entertainment Tonight in an interview published on Wednesday, February 22. “And then it came to a point where [the trainer] had to step in because she got to another plateau with the gastric sleeve and wasn’t losing any more weight.”Mama June

Old 04-19-2017, 09:50 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Quote:
1. Regarding the rest of the dysfunction .... I don't care? That has nothing to do this the thread? This thread is about her physical appearance. They were dysfunction before ... now she just looks a lot better.

2. If you don't watch the show then your opinion of "how they are doing" does not really have much merit. I don't watch the show either currently.... but caught a few minutes of the show here and there over the last years prior and was pretty mortified regarding the foods that family was eating. I am not interested in being expert on their family life. The camera usually taint the situation to get the most shock value regardless .... just saying she looks a lot better.

3. There is no gravy train her. They are being play to allow camera in their lives. Lots of people make money this way. If given the opportunity even more people would do this. If people were not being entertained by watching the show it would have be pulled already. This networks are not doing this out of charity. If the family was not poor, dysfunctional and trashy no one would be watching the show. TLC has made a killing out of exploiting people with their shows. I don't see why this family should also not make use of this opportunity while it is still available.

Look at all the other families and people that are doing this .... ..

Kardashians
Browns
Duggars
Duck Dynasty
3 Little McGees
Kate Plus 8
Gypsy Sisters
Little People

The woman lost a huge amount of weight. Most people that size never get the opportunity to be assisted in doing that. She looks crazy better. No sure why people need to analyze ever aspect of her life in relation to her weight loss?
Duggars are no longer on TV. The older kids are.
Duck Dynasty isnt on TLC, its on A&E.
Kardashians arent on TLC either, i dont know which channel they are on though.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:

All I see is a poor women who comes from a less then fortunate background start to get a bigger income and an opportunity to physically change her own body and life around for the better. She looks better.
Whereas myself and apparently others see a neglectful and abusive parent being rewarded and celebrated after displaying behavior that has landed other parents who have done similar in jail.

I suppose it depends on whether you see someone who continued a relationship with a person molesting her child as an abuser or a court jester, though, admittedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty