Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:02 PM

97 posts, read 105,184 times

Advertisements

hi everyone..
so i was looking looking online for solutions to "ingrown hair" , one of the causes i found which really surprised me was the shaving of hair against the direction of the hair growth, so i tried shaving inward but it won't get me a closer shave at all, sometimes it won't even shave the hair at all??

I know ingrown hair is a very common problem,,,I tried everything I knew of: hydration lotions, cocount oil, almond oil, shea butter, exfoliating with dry brush, exfoliating in the shower with a mixture of sugar,lemon,honey and coconut oil...I switch betwwen hair removal creams,braun epilators and Gillette razors...
Still the issue is persistent...I know laser hair removal is the best known solution but it is just not an option for me right now..
people who are having the same problem? what do you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 07:11 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,742,238 times
Do you get bumps on your arms too, or just your legs? If it's also on your upper arms, it could be keratosis pilaris. Taking a daily multivitamin helps a lot with keratosis pilaris.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Do you get bumps on your arms too, or just your legs? If it's also on your upper arms, it could be keratosis pilaris. Taking a daily multivitamin helps a lot with keratosis pilaris.
Hi Hedgehog_Mom, no it is only on my legs, all lower and upper..Soo if im not having it on arm, then it is not KP? I read about KP and I was doubting that I might have it because yes they are bumps with ingrown hair inside and the solutions they offer are the same I mentioned above basically exfoliating and moisturizing..
I found tons of lotions claiming to treat KP but I just feel it is an advertising thing, dont believe they are any different from other lotions

Old 04-12-2017, 07:45 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,742,238 times
Taking a daily multivitamin won't hurt you, so try that and maybe it will help with the bumps. I wouldn't buy any fancy lotions to try to treat it in case it's KP, the vitamin will help if it is.

Also, I've noticed I get ingrowns when I use an epilator on my legs, but I don't when I use a razor with 4 or 5 blades, even shaving against the growth.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:03 PM

6,615 posts, read 6,492,687 times
I use this product on my legs and have never had a problem. Smooth legs and you don't have to use it as often as shaving.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...=2T5FB8E3DZVW6

Old 04-12-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Taking a daily multivitamin won't hurt you, so try that and maybe it will help with the bumps. I wouldn't buy any fancy lotions to try to treat it in case it's KP, the vitamin will help if it is.

Also, I've noticed I get ingrowns when I use an epilator on my legs, but I don't when I use a razor with 4 or 5 blades, even shaving against the growth.
Oh yes and I forgot to mention that I am a regular taker of multivitamins since 5 years. I guess I will quit the epilator because I also heard somewhere else that it could be a cause.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I use this product on my legs and have never had a problem. Smooth legs and you don't have to use it as often as shaving.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...=2T5FB8E3DZVW6
I do use the nair remover alternating it with the other methods. However, I can not use it when the hair is really short because it doesnt seem to work in that case.

Old 04-13-2017, 12:23 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,626,490 times
I use one of these - https://www.amazon.com/Braun-Silk-%C...Bepilator&th=1

Yes, it hurts some, but my skin is sensitive, and I find that razor blades hurt more, as does Nair and the like. You also have to let the hair grow out a bit, but since it's soft - not stubbly - it's not unpleasant.

The Braun is one of the more expensive ones, you could try a cheaper one and see what you think.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:14 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,891,532 times
Amputation should give a permanent result.

I had laser hair removal done about 15 years ago, haven't shaved since.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:19 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,525,270 times
Leggings can cause ingrown hairs on your legs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty