Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:53 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,721,390 times

Advertisements

I bought so much clothing and flats last summer that I'm thinking I'm going to see what I have and take inventory of that first. I know I need a new white Summer bag as the one I bought at the end of last year was too small for my needs. I tore two pairs of capris last year (was training a new puppy and I got messed up a lot), so I'm going to go looking for some replacements, at Old Navy probably. Some of my white tees have little holes in them (I don't have a clue how that happened) so I'm going to be replacing them. I would also like to add a new color to my wardrobe as I'm wearing too much Black and White and not much inbetween.

MB2, I love shopping from the VS catalog, even though I have two of their stores within a mile from me. I love to receive packages filled with VS stuff! It makes a blah day much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 10:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,037,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
I bought so much clothing and flats last summer that I'm thinking I'm going to see what I have and take inventory of that first. I know I need a new white Summer bag as the one I bought at the end of last year was too small for my needs. I tore two pairs of capris last year (was training a new puppy and I got messed up a lot), so I'm going to go looking for some replacements, at Old Navy probably. Some of my white tees have little holes in them (I don't have a clue how that happened) so I'm going to be replacing them. I would also like to add a new color to my wardrobe as I'm wearing too much Black and White and not much inbetween.

MB2, I love shopping from the VS catalog, even though I have two of their stores within a mile from me. I love to receive packages filled with VS stuff! It makes a blah day much better.
The big thing is black, white, and yellow this spring...... I have a lot of black and white, so the yellow was easy to add...... red would be great to add, one of my personal faves.....

Old 03-20-2008, 02:53 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,438,715 times
Quote:
MB2, I love shopping from the VS catalog, even though I have two of their stores within a mile from me. I love to receive packages filled with VS stuff!
LOL....you're not kidding....LOL.....same here too (reminds me of x-mas....)
Well, I am happy to report, that I did place an order with VS (2 gift cards just NEEDED to get spend , PLUS my vacation is coming up...so, even MORE reason to splurge )
I made out pretty good......with free shipping, sale items, and trying their "risk free pants".
When you open my closet, you will see, that most of my things are BLACK....having SEVERAL suits in....yeah, you guessed it: BLACK!
So, I mean, I try to justify with black things being "safe", endless to mix and match with other things, and my most fav color.
But, hey....I really needed to "broaden my horizon" in a sense.
So, I ended up ordering my beloved jeans and underwear (bras and matching panties), several tops all different colors, and a suit with slacks, jacket, city shorts and skirt...in NAVY!!!!.
I will be pairing those matching suit pieces with a white or red shirt/ top, and ordered red shoes to go with it.
I am trying out, how that "navy" sailor color thing is working out for me.
Well, if I am not satisfied, I'll just ship it back.
Easy, painless, simple, and no running around to do.
Call it lazy....but I love it....LOL.
I just can't wait for the package/s to arrive....*MB jumping up and down*

Old 03-20-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The big thing is black, white, and yellow this spring...... I have a lot of black and white, so the yellow was easy to add...... red would be great to add, one of my personal faves.....
I am seeing a lot of yellow and a weird shade of green in stores, but I do better with cool colors. I'm thinking of adding pink. Whenever I wear it I always get compliments. Pink is really close to Red, except for some White thrown in.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
LOL....you're not kidding....LOL.....same here too (reminds me of x-mas....)
Absolutely! Just like X-mas morning all over again.
Quote:
I will be pairing those matching suit pieces with a white or red shirt/ top, and ordered red shoes to go with it.
I am trying out, how that "navy" sailor color thing is working out for me.
Nautical is so in right now! I'm tempted, but the last time I wore Navy, a friend of mine remarked that I looked "washed out" and she thought it was because of the color of my suit. I may try just wearing Navy and White stripes to break it up a little.
I bet those Red shoes will make your outfit look so hot!
Quote:
Well, if I am not satisfied, I'll just ship it back.
Easy, painless, simple, and no running around to do.
Call it lazy....but I love it....LOL.
I just can't wait for the package/s to arrive....*MB jumping up and down*
Those are the best things about mail orders.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I am seeing a lot of yellow and a weird shade of green in stores, but I do better with cool colors. I'm thinking of adding pink. Whenever I wear it I always get compliments. Pink is really close to Red, except for some White thrown in.
You must be talking about that granny smith green? I love that color, I am brunette with fair skin, so it looks good on me, as well as most primary or brights, I look ill in pastels or cool colors......y'all will laugh at me, it took me a while to figure out what VS was, go ahead, laugh..... I did!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,438,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
y'all will laugh at me, it took me a while to figure out what VS was, go ahead, laugh..... I did!
WHHHAAAATTTT????
Oh no, no, no, no no !!!!!
Boy, we've GOT TO "BREAK YOU IN, girl"!!!
Once you will see all the good sales they have going.....you will be "hooked", just like the rest of us....ROTFL!
(It's gotten so bad in my house, that my darling husband breaks out in sweats, when the newest issue arrives....and it's NOT from those hot babes in there! LOL )

Old 03-20-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
WHHHAAAATTTT????
Oh no, no, no, no no !!!!!
Boy, we've GOT TO "BREAK YOU IN, girl"!!!
Once you will see all the good sales they have going.....you will be "hooked", just like the rest of us....ROTFL!
(It's gotten so bad in my house, that my darling husband breaks out in sweats, when the newest issue arrives....and it's NOT from those hot babes in there! LOL )
I shop there, believe me, I was just having one of those moments, the VS thing made me think of the cigarettes, go figure! (I must be a closet blonde)

Old 03-21-2008, 03:57 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,532,405 times
I have already. I started last weekend. I bought:

1. 3 new swimsuits (1 tankini and 2 bikinis).
2. 4 new skirts (denim and athletic-casual types)
3. 4 new shirts (to go with the skirts).
4. 4 new shorts (denim and athletic-casual types)
5. 3 new pairs of shoes (2 new high heels; black and white and a new pair of flip-flops).

So, far that's it. But I won't need much else. I'm happy for now.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:51 AM

27,366 posts, read 27,416,550 times
I dont buy clothes a lot but will need to start shopping for some jeans for work here very soon, as I only own 2 pairs, and one of them probably wont be very acceptable for work too much longer. Heck I dont even own any shorts anymore, I finally tossed all my old pairs out a few months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty