Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 06:59 PM

619 posts, read 575,367 times

Advertisements

CVS - I'm not a big couponer, but I do follow the CVS system, often getting cash back, coupons for specific brands etc. I don't use a lot of makeup, mostly eye shadow (which I actually got at Sephora), mascara (maybelline), tinted lip gloss.

Moisturizer, deodorant and Sun screen at CVS. I'm lucky to have blessed with good skin so I can get away with using inexpensive cream (ponds). For dry skin I use mostly coconut oil, or avenoo on sale.

Shampoo and conditioner I get at the dollar store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 07:10 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
I just go to Walgreens!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:36 PM

212 posts, read 156,411 times
I don't shop too often for beauty products but:

1.shampoo/conditioner- Ebay for Paul Mitchell. Just try to find the cheapest seller.Once in awhile hair salons will have something like buy 2 get 1 free, but Ebay is still cheaper.
2. makeup-Any drugstore... I mainly buy Wet and Wild which is cruelty free and surprisingly cheap. The quality used to be bad when I was a teenager, but it's pretty good now. The drugstores normally have some deal like buy 1 get 1 half off.
3. face wash and lotion- TJ Maxx. Oddly enough, they have a great selection of cruelty free products many of which are vegan. The prices are reasonable too. I got a bunch of foamy face wash for I think $4each. The best facial lotion I've gotten here as well. It's in a huge tube for like $3. That brand is also at Burlington Coat Factory and Marshall's. Been using it for years.
4. body wash-Big Lots of Trader Joe. Always under $5 and lasts me probably a year lol.
5. Dollar Tree/ 99 Cent store- cotton balls, vaseline
6. This random $1 and up store- makeup wipes (vegan and cheaper than the ones at the other brand name dollar stores)

Old 06-05-2017, 08:57 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,285 times
DrugStore.com, and Beauty.com, were both related. I used to buy their products at a very-good price, and the service was excellent.

I found Ulta and Sephora, to be overly-priced when I used to purchase at the above stores, and I was hoping that a new venue will jump in the bandwagon. In the above stores that closed, quality and price was the best.......I really miss them......maybe that is why they closed, they were selling below price.......

Old 06-05-2017, 09:05 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia Vane View Post
Is it sad that I shop for beauty products at dollar stores and run-down grocery stores? And clearance racks at drug stores (CVS)?

I don't buy "dollar store" perfumes but I would spend $7-$10 on Birmingham or Big Lots perfumes that is a legit brand (like Paris Hilton).
No, not sad
I really think their liquid foundation is repackaged from a name brand. At the dollar store & sometimes at big lots sale tables .50 I'll buy nail polish and mix 2 colors to get the color I want (Plum shades). I bought a blush I really liked & can't find it anymore.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:01 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Navy Exchange. Premium products, discounted and tax-free.

You do, of course have to be military/military dependent.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Also Marshall's/TJ Maxx. Overstock is cheap.

Old 06-05-2017, 10:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
CVS or Target. I can't afford Ulta or Sephora.
You can! Ulta has everything from Lancome to ELF / Cover Girl / Revlon! And their specialty bath line (like Bath and Body Works) is cheaper and better.

They also have cheaper prices than Target for many things. You can get the basics like Eucerin, Dove Body Wash etc in addition to specialty brands. I picked up a face wash one day for $7 that retails for $30 at Nordstrom!

Old 06-05-2017, 10:58 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,424 times
I tend to prefer natural products so usually the co-op, Fred Meyer, Market of Choice or the Natural Grocers has a good beauty/skin section. I also started shopping at Ulta since they opened up nearby, and it seems you can get the best deals there, if you look up what's on sale, and use their coupons. They always have coupons, usually $3.50 off $15 (although they can't be used on the more expensive brands, but I don't usually buy those anyway), and I don't buy anything unless it's on sale, so I look at their sales, which are usually buy one get one 50% off certain brands, so combined with the coupons it's a pretty good deal. Sometimes they have even better deals, like they had the entire NYX brand B1G1free (and you can still use the coupons on all the drugstore stuff). It seems like the best deal for the drugstore brands, since they seem to always have them B1G150%off. And if you sign up for their rewards and emails, you get better deals too, like sometimes they'll have double points, or send you a coupon for a free lipgloss or something with any purchase. They have a lot of good natural brands too, but not as much in store, or maybe it's just mine. (Of course it's the smallest one in the state.) TJ Maxx has some good stuff sometimes, like the natural brands that I like, like Alba.

Otherwise, sometimes I just order directly from the site if they're having a good sale, like tarte, clinique, sephora, bareminerals. And of course if you sign up for their emails you'll get better deals too, like if they're having a flash sale or something (and you happen to check your email, haha.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty