Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 04:45 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
This is hilarious. And a lot of this year's trendy suits range from impractical to impossible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7fff7b63452f

Not a fan. I've already seen similar ones at our pool, on women in their late teens and early 20s. They look about as attractive as bandages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 05:19 PM

240 posts, read 267,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
These bathing suits will look terrific with my fat hanging out of them. LOL and my muffin top belly. Are they for real? What about those of us who are full figured??? First it was men's rompers now these. LMFAO!
I wonder that also. These suits are not for real. What we need is a suit that you can put on easily, take off easily, and actually move around and swim!

Old 06-05-2017, 05:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSMUSIC View Post
I wonder that also. These suits are not for real. What we need is a suit that you can put on easily, take off easily, and actually move around and swim!
Especially knowing that at some point you are going to need to go to the bathroom! It should be easy to take off. When wet!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:04 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Especially knowing that at some point you are going to need to go to the bathroom! It should be easy to take off. When wet!

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!!!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:41 PM

212 posts, read 156,376 times
I never understood the cut out bathing suit trend. You already get bad tan lines with other suits or separates and the cut out style, makes it even worse.

I remember when the monokini started out. I thought it would be flattering on wider shapes like mine and it look worse than a tiny bikini lol.

Bandeau style tops aren't flattering either on most women.

I've seen those fringe style tops which I think is super tacky. It's like what a cowgirl would wear at the beach.

The thong or Brazilian style cut... Okay I have sort of observed something weird about this. It looks great on thin girls with no behind. It's like it almost gives them a butt lift. On girls who already have a big butt, it looks huge (maybe that's what they want though).

Old 06-05-2017, 08:53 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
If you swim often, the spandex gets destroyed, even if you take care of them. Think of a bra...after somany wearings and washings, it gives out.
I was going to say the same thing. I swim every day from late May to September. I need a new suit every year because the old one ends up big, saggy, with little support in the bra area.

That said, as a lap swimmer and scuba diver, I go for a practical cut suit with good straps that won't fall off while swimming. Some divers like bikinis because they are easier to go to the bathroom on the boat. I don't like the feel of the neoprene against my skin as it is. So it's a trade off. Plus, I use the suit for lap swimming.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:55 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I have a warm water wet suit. Works very well for just the reasons you mentioned. Plus there is not enough sunscreen on the planet to save your back from burning while snorkeling!
I have a sharkskin for snorkeling. There is no rubber in it, so it's a bit cooler than say a 3 mil wetsuit. I've had it for years though. Not sure if they still make them. Depending on the water temperature, it's worth looking in to.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:57 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
I was bathing suit shopping yesterday. I'm going to go with something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H3EGZC2..._.LHnzbTPNHE8G

Old 06-05-2017, 10:01 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
All I could do was laugh at the pictures. WHO will want those tan lines??? I don't expect to see them on the beaches.
Exactly!

Old 06-06-2017, 06:03 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I was bathing suit shopping yesterday. I'm going to go with something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H3EGZC2..._.LHnzbTPNHE8G

I think it's rather cute.

Ladies, the secret to going to the bathroom in a one piece is this: just pull the crotch area off to the side. Make sure you have toilet paper in hand before doing this if you're not super coordinated. WARNING: this will only work if you just have to pee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty