Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 12:26 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,024,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I'm assuming your kids don't go to the beach with you...
Absolutely they go to the beach with me when they are in town.

I've also taught them the importance of no body shaming.

They also went to topless beaches in the Caribbean and Europe when they were kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 05:40 AM

8,121 posts, read 6,864,053 times
// edited. decided to private message.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 06-16-2017 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: see post.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 AM

2,540 posts, read 4,025,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That time of year is upon us - swim suit season. And for those woman who participate (i.e. wearing swim suits) what kind do you choose?

1. Bikini?

2. Two piece?

3. One piece?

4. Boy shorts? Skirted or other?

Do you shop for one every year? Or do you have a "Go to style" or brand that works for you?

I don't bother shopping any longer. I am at my right weight but I had a C-section. My abdominal area leaves much to be desired. Nothing that can be changed by working out.

So, I have a "go to" swim suit - The classic retro Esther Williams one piece with the low back and sweet heart neckline.

I buy one every year. This time the cherry print. I have Navy, Black, White and Green. . .
Still wearing a two-piece, but I have to buy them from Athleta or Lands End, places where you get enough fabric to cover what needs to be covered.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:40 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,341,454 times
Getting to that age now, and I'd say I prefer more coverage. I'm introverted, c'est la vie... I prefer a one-piece with a skirt. I see everyone of every age wearing every style these days, but I feel more comfortable in a one piece that's fairly modest. OK... not totally modest, I like underwire cups for support and a plunging cleavage. LOL. We all need to have a little fun at the beach, after all.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:34 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,208,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Absolutely they go to the beach with me when they are in town.

I've also taught them the importance of no body shaming.

They also went to topless beaches in the Caribbean and Europe when they were kids.
Who said anything about "body shaming"? Ugh that term.

You might be A-Ok with your parts hanging out but your kids and their friends/SOs might not be... (I get it. You don't care about that.)

For me, I like to be stylish without my parts running around the beach. Im sure my adult kids and their GFs are thankful I'm not all "Look at Me!"

Last edited by LLCNYC; 06-17-2017 at 11:59 AM..

Old 06-18-2017, 05:18 PM

43,352 posts, read 44,068,367 times
A tankini works best for me!

Old 06-18-2017, 10:36 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,571,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfi View Post
C'mon ladies, I bet a lot of you are way to modest. It's a proven fact guys don't care about every little detail about a woman's looks as they think.

Take this woman for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqPUHhpT3wI

She is 50 and has had two kids and looks AMAZING in a bikini. Hell, most of her videos are of her doing stuff in bikinis lol.
She in great shape and seem normal but her husband come across as a freaky creeper! Just saying!

Old 06-18-2017, 11:58 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,571,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfi View Post
Why do you say that? He's pretty cool and has his own channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZATOarPS8
Not sure, he just give off creepy vibes to me...

Old 06-19-2017, 04:13 AM

619 posts, read 569,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
This my suit for the summer, I really like it the tank & shorts swimwear, plus it's comfy. I'm pretty modest and I'm older 54.
Very nice. I'm 56, and I just bought a tankini set that looks similar to yours. http://m.jcpenney.com/p/zeroxposur-g...119Z1dc&page=1
With black swim shorts.

I like the concept of more sporty swimsuits. I've had my fair share of swim suits that had gross malfunctions when they were used for, you know, swimming😒. Suits that became transparent, suits that fell down or ride up, suits that got nubby after the first time they met sand, etc.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:44 AM

13,437 posts, read 15,374,341 times
The best swimsuits are those that flatter you and are functional. I have to try on 20 swimsuits before I can find ONE that actually works. The cut of the bottom really matters too. The styles that seem to work are the two piece ones with the high waisted bottom or a bottom that stops at the hip bone itself. Anything slightly above that clings to my flesh making me look fatter. I can't help where fat falls but I can help how it's presented. I also like the high waisted one the best because it conceals "mommy damage" (loose skin in lower ab region courtesy of weight loss and having two children, one of which was large and stretched me out).

Swim tops really frustrate me though. I don't have much upstairs and it seems like all of the suits have these huge cups. At the same time I am conscious of the fact that courtesy of my weight loss my breasts are nothing more than two saggy globs of skin with nipples attached, so I can't just wear a bikini top. Thank goodness for the suits that have zip up tops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty