Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 09:32 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times

Advertisements

It's no different than the other major brands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 09:41 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
There. I said it. I hate Under Armour. I also hate competing brands that make shirts out of polyester and call them "performance wear." This type of fabric makes my skin crawl. It gives me a feeling that the clothing just doesn't breathe.

Give me 100% cotton instead.

Anyone else agree?
Totally. They make you feel like a steamed clam. Not only underarmour, but any polyester.
Not to mention how polyester stinks after only a few hours wear.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
I don't.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:05 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
There. I said it. I hate Under Armour. I also hate competing brands that make shirts out of polyester and call them "performance wear." This type of fabric makes my skin crawl. It gives me a feeling that the clothing just doesn't breathe.

Anyone else agree?
Nope.

Way less chafing with synthetic than with cotton. Blood nips aren't fun not to mention the fun you can have down around the genital region. If I'm running it's either synthetic or commando.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:26 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Totally. They make you feel like a steamed clam. Not only underarmour, but any polyester.
Not to mention how polyester stinks after only a few hours wear.

For sure on the last. I meant to mention that--surprised it took this long for someone else to mention it.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,186,874 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
I don't have any opinion but your OP gave me a chuckle.

They seem to be a good company to work for and employ locally quite a bit. Maryland is a tough state to do business in but they stay for conscious reasons. I own none of their items but support them for other reasons if I had to.

In general I don't like obvious "brand" clothing. I resent paying inflated prices to do the advertising for them. But I will buy stuff thrifting regardless of branding cuz it's cheap and available.

Oh, and cotton yes please.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:43 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?
As a rule, I try to avoid chemical attire. The thing is, cotton fiber is absorbent, and at some point your perspiration rate exceeds its ability to shed moisture. This is where the synthetics do much better. Believe me, I have tried everything in many years of 100+ degrees outdoor activities, and once cotton's acquisition rate exceeds the evaporation rate, it's terrible.

Where the chem-fabrics don't do better, is odors. Some people never exert themselves enough to get to this point, but if you do, then you know what I mean. There are (overpriced/marketing hype) cleaners specifically for synthetics for this reason. All the marketing materials for synthetic performance claim that they have some sort of fresh-smelling material, but it's BS. If you exert yourself for a long period of time, wet natural fabrics will smell better (or less bad). But they'll be soaking wet, which sometimes causes other problems.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:01 AM

597 posts, read 667,090 times
I find there are times for both - times when I want 100% poly, and times when I definitely want 100% cotton. Don't really like the hybrids. And, or course, the quality of of cotton and poly can vary. I used to really like Nike's Dri-Fit shirts when poly was first becoming a big thing. Don't like the current stuff as much. Same with UA.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:15 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
The product is ok, I just don't like the branding. I don't like branding in general, but at least Adidas and Nike have iconic status. Advertising UnderArmour all over your clothes is just like proclaiming 'Fruit of the Loom' on every exterior garment to me.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:21 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:

Anyone else agree?

I thought I was the only one!! Not a fan. I don't like how it feels, especially when I get hot and sweaty.

It seems yoga wear leans more towards comfortable fabrics then exercise wear.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty