Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 07:57 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,040 times

Advertisements

My all time favorite beauty product is CoverGirl Trublend Minerals Blush in Shimmering Sands which is no longer in stores . I had to order it from Amazon. It's a loose powder that really gives a nice glow. I haven't found anything that comes close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 08:33 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,267,802 times
I've had that happen with cosmetics, soaps, cleaning products, and I'm sure other things I can't remember right now. Either they vanished or else they were "new and improved" beyond recognition.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Hi Silibran... I'm unfamiliar with the Revlon BB cream, but when traveling & losing track of toiletries recently, I unexpectedly found a Dollar Tree & came across Sassy+Chic Beauty Benefit Cream in varying colors. For $1, I gave it a try & love it. Surprisingly, for a $1 product, it glides on easily, doesn't look waxy or pasty & is very flattering on the skin. (Disclaimer: I have normal skin... never oily, not dry/flaky, but very porcelain/sensitive/rashy/allergic/sun & product sensitive.)

I don't use it often, honestly, as I forget I have it, even though I p/u 3-4 tubes. But, as it's a dual moisturizer with fairly good color coverage included, it is something I should use more often. Also, I have very sensitive skin that burns or turns red easily from product chemicals, so it's a never ending quest to find something "good" for me. This doesn't burn, inflame or redden my skin at all. Honestly, I should run out & grab 1/2-dozen before the DT doesn't offer them anymore.

Maybe give it a try, if near a Dollar Tree. It can't hurt... you may even like it as much as Revlon & it will save you a few $$... or it might be good enough as a backup, should your Revlon be discontinued. Please keep me posted should it work for you... as an esthetician, I'd be interested to know.
The thing is the BB cream that I use matches my skin tone better than any other foundation I've ever found. I experimented with an actual foundation from Revlon recently, and honestly the BB cream matches better. I have trouble finding a good match. Most companies don't do much with my skin color, and sometimes the lighter shades have a sort of gray undertone, which is not best for me.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:17 PM

129 posts, read 236,979 times
Another one is The Body Shop - The Spirit of Moonflower body spray. I loved that smell.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:03 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,993,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
The thing is the BB cream that I use matches my skin tone better than any other foundation I've ever found. I experimented with an actual foundation from Revlon recently, and honestly the BB cream matches better. I have trouble finding a good match. Most companies don't do much with my skin color, and sometimes the lighter shades have a sort of gray undertone, which is not best for me.
Sure, I understand. Same here. I'm extremely fair so find it hard to find companies that even make a color light enough for me. I'm not familiar with gray undertones, but don't like red or yellow. It's hard to find neutral.

No worries. I'm just so surprised I found a good product for $1... never happened before. Worth a try. It can always be used as a highlighter, blush or contour (depending on color) if it's not optimal. Your choice.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:09 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,993,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frado View Post
Another one is The Body Shop - The Spirit of Moonflower body spray. I loved that smell.
BShop had a lovely, lightly rose scented body cream for $25, which is outrageous, but a now & again splurge. They discontinued many products when Anita sold the company. I find that with a lot of companies. Once they sell out to giant conglomerates, the formulas change, products are discontinued & quality often degrades.

Your fragrance is still sold, but maybe you can find some cheaper sites, like Perfumania or other fragrance sites. Good luck.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...ower-3336.html

Old 06-12-2017, 10:04 AM

404 posts, read 1,244,640 times
Body on Tap Beer Shampoo: Earthy fragrance and made my fine, wispy hair full and shiny - gone. I attempted making my own using stale beer but it wasn't the same.
Breck Basic: Extra texture leave in leave-in treatment, loved this stuff - gone.
Flex Extra Body Shampoo: Used to get this for $1.00 - Amazon has it but the price is $35.99+ $5.99 shipping...I don't think so!

Old 06-12-2017, 10:32 AM

20,359 posts, read 14,632,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Always happens to me with lipsticks (Christian Dior, Mac & YSL shades), perfumes (mostly Borghese) & bras... well, if you can include bras in the beauty category.
Oh man, the horrors of bra shopping deserve their own subforum. The people who make them don't seem to understand how actual human bodies are shaped. I even got measured at a nice department store and overpaid for nice bras, and then had them become very uncomfortable and then fall apart. Psh. I have ~some~ luck at Target. I'm the unfortunate soul with small bosoms who is not skinny as a 10 year old. The fashion industry seems to think that if you wear an A or B, you must be rail thin. I need like a 36 and it's hard to find with smaller cups, total pain to find what I need, let alone that I LIKE, and a brand sticking around? haha!

Yeah. I also suffer this phenomenon with food items that I love being discontinued, or if I'm lucky simply not distributed in my area, but available online...

I did get lucky with my regular (in the shower) hair conditioner though. I was using Infusium 23, and it vanished, and I was aggravated thinking that it was gone...but then it came back in a different style and color of bottle. I hope it's the same product inside, I haven't bought it since then so far. I discovered a new conditioner at Walgreen's that I actually like...a weird little organic brand, that smells very nice. However, I'll go back to Infusium, because while I dig the scent, I do not dig that it doesn't rinse as easily. I have long, thick hair and don't need to spend an hour fighting to get the conditioner rinsed out.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:51 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,042 times
If seen a few of the brands mentioned at www.vermontcountrystore.com. I don't know if they are still available but it might be worth checking out.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:19 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,513,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
It seems to me that every mascara I've ever liked has been discontinued shortly after I bought the first tube of it.
I never really wore mascara, because I always had such long lashes that I thought it looked weird...but I never got why there were so many mascaras anyway, and why they keep coming out with new ones...isn't that just saying, "hey, our previous formulas sucked, try this one!" Just seems like another ploy to get people (read, women) to spend more money on something they don't need or that is pretty much the same thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty