Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 03:59 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,513,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Older than most, first half of my 50's. Because I was in great shape and honestly I was never pretty even when I was very young. In my 50's and up I have had the advantage of not looking all used up and that makes me attractive for my age!
You know, this gives me hope. I've always seen people like Bonnie Raitt, and thought, wow...maybe one day, I'll be attractive...lol. Maybe I'll be one of those people that gets better looking...haha. But, idk...I don't think I have the kind of face that ages well (same reason for not being as pretty as I could have). I'm already getting a double chin, so...

I guess I would say when I was a teenager, although I didn't feel that pretty then, and never had a boyfriend, so I always felt ugly. I would probably say I look better now, but that's mainly because I feel better (and am also not surrounded by a bunch of people that are better looking, as when I was younger, haha). But I agree with some others, that late 20's is the ideal for most. :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 04:38 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfi View Post
LOL. It's a fact women's primary sexual market place value is 18-25. Whereas for men it's 35-60. Don't kid yourselves.
You mean Ive been on the market place all these years and no one informed this wee short old woman... now thats just not right....

Old 06-17-2017, 06:03 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Mid--late 30's

Old 06-17-2017, 06:16 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I think I looked good until menopause at 52, but probably peaked at about 45. I noticed it in photos. I didn't used to look bad in photos, and then all of a sudden, I started getting really bad looking. Pretty sure having cancer and the lack of hormones is what did it.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:17 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
I can't judge my looks myself. But the age at which I got the most attention from women was in my mid to late 30s. At work in particular. I worked on a huge facility with some 800 employees, a large percentage of who were women. I was getting hit on all the time, and of course was married. Some of these ladies knew that and just didn't care. They were actually the most forward and were married themselves. .

What the motivation for all the attention was IDK. Looks, the fact that I had one of the highest paid trade jobs, the challenge. I will never know.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:23 AM

922 posts, read 1,110,715 times
33-34. Then I turned 35 and for some weird reason I did NOT like turning 35. It was as if an invisible cloud settled over me that now signified that I was truly heading toward middle age and ever since then it seems as if I have to do twice as much with half the results in order to look normal. I'm 36 now and I am not having that much fun with it.

My DH, on the other hand, keeps getting better looking as he ages. I mean, I showed his picture to a few coworkers of mine and they literally almost got the vapors they were so impressed! It's really not fair, you know. I was/am the one who went through/going through pregnancies, births and 98% of child rearing and household chores. Relatively speaking, I should be the one who looks better, right??? Nope.....

Old 06-17-2017, 07:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I think overall at about age 42. The reason I say that is that I have always had a baby face. By the time I was 42, my face had finally developed some contours and had lost some of it's roundness. And I hadn't yet gotten any wrinkles or weird sags. And I also hadn't yet been stricken with two jacked up Achilles tendons, so I was very active and fit. I really liked how I looked and felt then.

I still have good skin at age 55 but age does inevitably create some sags and wrinkles and that sort of thing. I still feel great and I'm still energetic, but it took me a couple of years to push past surgery on both ankles back to back. I think that took more of a toll than the actual passage of years.

All that being said, I don't spend much - well, any - energy on wishing I looked like I used to look. I look like I look and I'm grateful for every minute of life!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:12 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think overall at about age 42. The reason I say that is that I have always had a baby face. By the time I was 42, my face had finally developed some contours and had lost some of it's roundness. And I hadn't yet gotten any wrinkles or weird sags. And I also hadn't yet been stricken with two jacked up Achilles tendons, so I was very active and fit. I really liked how I looked and felt then.

I still have good skin at age 55 but age does inevitably create some sags and wrinkles and that sort of thing. I still feel great and I'm still energetic, but it took me a couple of years to push past surgery on both ankles back to back. I think that took more of a toll than the actual passage of years.

All that being said, I don't spend much - well, any - energy on wishing I looked like I used to look. I look like I look and I'm grateful for every minute of life!
I'm like Kathryn - mid 40's. I finally learned how to get a great cut for my hair; I started walking and working out consistently; and I lost my round baby face. I've always been fascinated by skin care and cosmetics ~ I finally quit experimenting and cobbled together a plan using Retin A, AHA, BHA, etc that keeps my skin in great shape.

When I look at pictures of my Mom, I feel like she was prettier at 40 than she was at 20 - mainly because styles changed so much and she went from dark brown hair to a silvery blonde - which worked better with her very fair skin.

I lucked out with my Mom's great skin - still have it - but I'm age 55 too and even I can't moisturize away all the wrinkles!

Still, I'll take it. There's a freedom in not having to look fabulous. At 55, no one expects it so I'm finally free to go without makeup if I so choose (not at work); etc.

I want to stick around for my son!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:16 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
When I was about three. I was darned cute back then.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty