Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 04:06 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times

Advertisements

When I come across a woman with chin whiskers, some things go through my mind, " Does she just not care what others perceive of her?", "does she believe that trimming the hair will only make it regrow faster?", "lazy.?" What goes through a woman's mind when she has a lot of facial hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 11:40 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
When I come across a woman with chin whiskers, some things go through my mind, " Does she just not care what others perceive of her?", "does she believe that trimming the hair will only make it regrow faster?", "lazy.?" What goes through a woman's mind when she has a lot of facial hair?
Uh...maybe she doesn't care or maybe she doesn't think they're that noticeable unless you get really close.

Why are you worried about it though? I'm sure you aren't perfect either. How are women with chin hair affecting your life?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:44 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Quote:
Naturally growing hair on a man's chin = no big deal
Naturally growing hair on a woman's chin = OMG SHE'S SO LAZY AND GROSS

Come on, OP. It's hair. It grows. If a woman doesn't want to shave or pluck, then she won't. Same goes for legs, pubes, underarms, etc.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:42 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Could be her eyesight isn't what it use to be! I know that's true for me I use a magnifying mirror and still put on my reading glasses then I can see all the little hairs and pluck them out. I've also used Nair for faces it works pretty well.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:17 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
I have facial hair above and below my lips now that I'm older. I can't stand it and I remove it every 3-4 weeks. I notice other women who don't bother to remove theirs and I think it is totally unattractive.

I buy a gentle acting facial hair remover from Walmart by Sally Hansen called Brush-On HAIR REMOVER (for face). It's cheap and works great. You brush it on with a brush applicator that comes in the bottle, leave it on for 5 minutes and wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. Easy and convenient.

Like the instructions say on the box: Do a small test spot on your arm to make sure you don't have a reaction.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
I had some such uncharitable thoughts in my younger years, and then it happened to me in my 30's. Autoimmune diseases screw with your hormones, the stinking hair can grow faster than you imagine, and your eyes keep getting worse to boot. I still don't wear glasses, but plucking ain't as easy as it used to be.

Now I do laser because I can't live with it, but seriously, just think nice thoughts and hope you don't walk a mile in somebody else's hairy shoes one day.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,112 times
I'm guessing not all women with some chin hairs know they're there. I know I've had a random hair growing out of my neck or chin and not seen it unless I'm at just the right angle with just the right light. Even as a young 20-something, I had a random chin hair growing down from under my jaw. It wasn't until my good guy friend said "Grace! What's up with the single beard hair??" Oops! That was embarrassing. Since most women don't routinely shave their face like many men do, the odd, light hair growing randomly is able to grow in peace until it's discovered. Now if you are talking about very dark hairs that are easy to spot and in a very obvious place, then I'm guessing it's just a personal preference rather than anything else.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:42 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Uh...maybe she doesn't care or maybe she doesn't think they're that noticeable unless you get really close.

Why are you worried about it though? I'm sure you aren't perfect either. How are women with chin hair affecting your life?
Ok. Fair enough. But, the 2nd half of my post didn't go through. I am in a Sales role, where first appearances/impressions matter. I keep myself presentable, am clean shaven, no tattoos or features that would distract from my appearance. I guess that I kinda expect the same from other people. If a woma comes to me with a full on Abraham Lincoln beard, it is the FIRST thing that I focus on when I look at her face. That's not such a good thing when you're dealing with the public and trying to "sell yourself". Why wouldn't such a woman shave that hair?!!! I have certain expectations of other occupations as well. I find it inconsiderate and unsettling when food servers have robust beards as well.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Quote:
Ok. Fair enough. But, the 2nd half of my post didn't go through. I am in a Sales role, where first appearances/impressions matter. I keep myself presentable, am clean shaven, no tattoos or features that would distract from my appearance. I guess that I kinda expect the same from other people. If a woma comes to me with a full on Abraham Lincoln beard, it is the FIRST thing that I focus on when I look at her face. That's not such a good thing when you're dealing with the public and trying to "sell yourself". Why wouldn't such a woman shave that hair?!!! I have certain expectations of other occupations as well. I find it inconsiderate and unsettling when food servers have robust beards as well.
Maybe such an archaic conservative, puritan view is your problem. I've seen this chick around my place with a banging body, enough I could probably look past her 8:00 shadow. Not everybody man or woman care to be clean shaven, or wear a monkey suit. Personally I think it's stupid ones personal appearance beyond the clothes on their back is subject to somebody else's scrutiny.

Old 06-20-2017, 07:37 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,183,354 times
Do many ladies "come to you with full on Abraham Lincoln beards?" For some reason, I think you may be exaggerating about how often you encounter these supposed Sasquatch-women. (And it seems that you may be exaggerating the amount of hair most of them have, too.)

I've come across a few women with unsightly facial hair- some chin hair or a little mustache. But an "Abraham Lincoln" beard, never. C'mon now...That would seem to be caused by a big hormonal imbalance. It's doubtful that you run into women with such a serious hair problem as often as you seem to imply. Maybe you're just a bit too judgemental, and prone to hyperbole?

Last edited by Gfab1; 06-20-2017 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty