Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 07:32 AM

840 posts, read 1,120,197 times

Advertisements

Teva and Keen make attractive sandals for men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 07:34 AM

840 posts, read 1,120,197 times
Hello George Clooney!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8_634x1073.jpg

Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 AM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I teach 7th grade, in the warmer months a lot of the boys wear athletic sandals with either crew or over the calf athletic socks. I don't think a young girl would tell him he looks silly since she's probably used to seeing lots of boys wearing socks with sandals. I don't get the look. I just shake my head in the spring, and then go about my teaching.
But if I just approached some girl and offered her like $5 to tell him, since he won't listen to me...?

No, I would not do that, it would be at least creepy and at worst, mean. I'm joking.

I guess the word for his Adidas athletic flip-floppish shoes is "slides"...is that right? They have just the solid band across the mid-foot, nothing between the toes.

What I LIKE in men's footwear, for guys of any age (even over 25 *gasp!*) are the flat soled skater shoes like Vans and Converse, or other kinds of sneakers, or if he's dressed up, then a sort of basic black dress shoe...not really a fan of the brown loafers or cowboy boots, but I do like boots that are more of a biker style or a combat boot style. Work boots are fine, too. Of course depending on the weather and setting. I don't have an issue with men's sandals (without socks for heaven's sakes) but I most certainly have no obsession with them.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:49 AM

190 posts, read 167,607 times
Most women think their feet are their best feature, so they show them off at any opportunity. Now men are doing this too. In SoCal or the Southwest, no one wears shoes anymore. First, it's too darn hot, and second, flip flops are cheap and easy. Just part of the increasing casualness of american clothing. Personally, I hate them and wear only at the beach.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
The worst aspect is sandals provide no support and particularly with youngsters, will really screw up their feet and knees.
Watch how they walk, it hurts just to watch.
If you know someone who wears these get them to look at the wear pattern on the shoe and they will see where the sole and heel are worn and it is throwing their legs into a mess of misalignment.
"Love my Crocs"

Old 06-27-2017, 09:32 AM

739 posts, read 843,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Everybody wears flip flops and sandals here.

My husband like sandals, bought his own without my input.

I'm a woman, and I'm not obsessed with male sandals. I'm sure many other women don't care, either. Perhaps you're generalizing.

Think so?

Maybe you just don't notice because you are in an area where everyone wears them

Old 06-27-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
There is your problem dude. You need to mix it up and little more. Get some style. If all you've got are black sneakers then of course chicks you hang with are going to try to change that. Its the total opposite of style.

Really? A lot of guys around here wear black sneakers and some with black socks lol.

What would you say is stylish?

Old 06-27-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Teva and Keen make attractive sandals for men.
Really? You don't think they look old mannish? A girl friend was telling me that sandals with backstraps age a guy immediately.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf1958 View Post
Most women think their feet are their best feature, so they show them off at any opportunity. Now men are doing this too. In SoCal or the Southwest, no one wears shoes anymore. First, it's too darn hot, and second, flip flops are cheap and easy. Just part of the increasing casualness of american clothing. Personally, I hate them and wear only at the beach.
I am in the rust belt and it seems like nearly all women and many guys under 40 seem to wear them in the summer, more flip flops than sandals though.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:08 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I have seen posts here where a guy claims that his girlfriend or wife got him to start wearing sandals or flip flops.

Just about every girlfriend I have had has tried getting me to wear sandals or flip flops.

Just about every woman I know wears them. The only guys I know who wear sandals or flip flops are with women. I don't think any of the single guys I know wear them.

I was at a shoe store a couple weeks ago and this lady was making her guy try on sandals.

Ladies, what's the deal? Do you really like guys in flip flops or sandals, or do you dress guys in them to scare other women away?
I have never heard of this.

I live near the beach and find guys in sandals or flip flops who are not at the beach gay looking. It is just very unmanly. This combined with a drink who has an umbrella and/or straw in it is my definition of supergay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty