Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 10:25 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

This seems like a missed opportunity for men's swimwear designers--if it's common that guys feel like they need more support than the built-in brief situation is giving them to the point that they wear underwear under a swimsuit, then designers need to make better swim trunks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 10:31 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
a few people actually do make this ^, but i just honestly prefer the two separate pieces if im deciding to wear underwear + swimsuit.

Last edited by Sunbather; 06-28-2017 at 10:55 AM..

Old 06-28-2017, 10:51 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP, if you can see his *skivvies* under the suit when it is wet what do you think could be seen without the *skivvies*?
What is more important, your husband's comfort or your telling him how to wear his clothing?
To be clear, most of his underwear is black or dark green. His suit is a light color. That's why you can see the underwear.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:53 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
To be clear, most of his underwear is black or dark green. His suit is a light color. That's why you can see the underwear.
Do they make "nude" colored underwear for guys? It sounds like he needs the guy equivalent of the flesh-toned bra that women wear under light shirts.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:58 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
All four men in my house (husband and 3 sons) do this. They say they need it for support. My husband says the teenager also doesn't want to run into any embarrassing issues that may crop up randomly, if you get my drift.
Yep. 3 sons as well.

They all do this. Even cutting out mesh lining as not to get a rash from irritation.

Anyway, who cares what he wears?

Old 06-28-2017, 11:32 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
My husband always wears underwear with his bathing suit (boxer briefs and and long, short-style suit).
It drives me nuts.

Why? Do a lot of other guys do this?
Jock Straps. Get him some.
https://www.google.com/search?q=jock...strap&tbm=shop

Old 06-28-2017, 01:28 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Do they make "nude" colored underwear for guys? It sounds like he needs the guy equivalent of the flesh-toned bra that women wear under light shirts.
I think he just needs a darker suit. I don't know, it just seems weird to me that folks wear underwear and bathing suits, but I'm not a guy. But the dark gotchies underneath a light suit just drives me nuts. It's like if I wear black underwear underneath white pants, KWIM?

Like I mentioned, I've never said anything to him. I'm sure he has no idea it even bothers me. It's just a pet peeve of mine.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:36 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
My husband always wears underwear with his bathing suit (boxer briefs and and long, short-style suit). It drives me nuts. Why? Do a lot of other guys do this? It probably wouldn't bother me that much if you couldn't tell, but you can see the waistband peeking out of the top of the shorts when they get wet. You can also see his skivvies through the suit sometimes when it gets wet.

I never say anything to him, but seriously, do other guys do this? I never seem to see other huys at the pool or beach wearing their undies.
What? I've NEVER heard of this! My husband looked at me like I was a crazy person when I asked him about this.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:45 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Never done this. I also have never seen men's swimming trunks that didn't have a brief inside. The brief is as supportive as any underwear. It is basically like having a speedo inside the suit.

I think guys who do this must have some weird issue. Is your husband a never-nude, by chance?

Old 06-28-2017, 02:23 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
Yes, my husband also does this. His swim suits are long and dark in color and his underwear is boxer briefs, so the briefs do not show through. None of his swim suits have a built in brief, just the mesh liner. Perhaps that's why he feels the need to do it.

He says he does it for the support and also that it's much more comfortable because he has thick, muscular thighs and apparently he gets chafing when wet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty