Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

Me, to husband: "Do you ever wear underwear under your swimwear?"

Mr. Rasa: "Uh, no. Never. There's a liner."

He's pretty well-endowed. Guess he's not too concerned about scaring others with his endowedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 08:17 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,426,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Is he a Mormon?
Hahahaha. Not even close.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:25 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,185,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
A lot of people are saying that "everyone they know" wears underwear inside their swimming trunks. So lets dig deeper: If you think this is the norm, or at least common in your family/community, do you live in the bible belt or are otherwise surrounded by observant religious folks?

I have to think that the only reason to wear underwear under swimming trunks is due to some kind of modesty.
I mean, well endowed men swim nude all the time, so why would we suddenly need support when wearing board shorts?
I was one of the people who offered that my husband does it, so I can only answer for him (and that, only by proxy, of course), but in his case, it has absolutely nothing to do with modesty or sensitivity about the human body. He has a job where he's routinely in a locker room, so he has to dress/undress in front of other people. He also has no strong religious beliefs, sensory processing disorders or any of the other issues discussed in the thread. He says it's more comfortable to him to have underwear (those form fitting, quick dry boxer briefs) on underneath his swimsuit. For him, the answer really is that simple.

I will say that after reading this thread, there seem to be several other alternative fabrics or items to wear underneath a swimsuit in lieu of underwear, and I suppose if someone routinely swims in public pools and/or the Gym, those would probably be better alternatives.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 06-29-2017 at 09:08 PM..

Old 06-29-2017, 08:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
For him, the answer really is that simple.
Seriously.

I don't see why it's so hard to just say, "Hunh. I never realized other people did that ..." and just move on, rather than pick 'em apart and put 'em down.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:40 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
The last few swim trunks i have puchased, dont use the support mesh, but a full boxer mesh. I was looking at some trunks today, and had a difficult time choosing.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:13 PM

810 posts, read 667,522 times
never

Old 06-29-2017, 11:14 PM

11,050 posts, read 24,028,301 times
Today at the pool I actually paid attention to what other folks were wearing and there's a lot of folks who wear long sleeved shirts over their swim suits. I'd not gotten much further than that, though, so I dunno about the underwear that may or may not have been there as well. One younger guy was wearing a hoodie. In jungle camouflage colors so he blended into the pool real well. It was some sort of thin fabric, though, not the usual thick hoodie fabric. Several folks wearing hats, several folks wearing shorts with their swimsuits.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:20 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,048,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
All four men in my house (husband and 3 sons) do this. They say they need it for support. My husband says the teenager also doesn't want to run into any embarrassing issues that may crop up randomly, if you get my drift.
This. It's all about support.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:47 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
hmmm I wonder if it's to avoid excessive floppage??

Old 06-30-2017, 12:52 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Somewhere, back in time, some kid's overbearing mother made him wear underwear with his bathing suit (why? we'll never know, probably out of ignorance) and a trend, of sorts, was born. We are creatures of habit so if our mother made us wear underwear with a bathing suit many will continue to do it and pass that weird habit down to their own offspring until enough people do it that it could be supported on an internet forum. I've lived on an island near a beach my entire life and believe I have never encountered anyone of any age wearing anything under a swimsuit of any kind.

Now, since there are so many women commenting here, let's find out how many of them wear bra and panties or more under their bathing suits. This should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty