Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:56 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post

Now, since there are so many women commenting here, let's find out how many of them wear bra and panties or more under their bathing suits. This should be interesting.
I don't wear anything underneath a bathing suit and never have. I do know a lot of women who wear shorts or a swim skirt over their bathing suit, however. Usually older women 60+.

The man v women thing isn't really and apples to apples comparison, though. Women's bathing suits very often have built in support. One piece swimming suits sometimes have a shelf bra and two piece swimming suits commonly have underwire or they are form fitting- in a sense, the tops themselves are, by definition, a bra. I have no idea why a woman would wear anything under their swim suit bottom. Support is a non issue (so there's no mesh liner) and anything worn would probably be be visible.

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 06-30-2017 at 06:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 06:06 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Now, since there are so many women commenting here, let's find out how many of them wear bra and panties or more under their bathing suits. This should be interesting.
Why would it be interesting or relevant in any way? The "needs" are completely different.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:36 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,945,272 times
I sometimes do this. I don't want my junk bouncing around for the world to see- it's embarrassing and uncomfortable.

Men's swimsuits in general are too flimsy to adequately provide support. It would be the equivalent of asking women with large breasts to wear a strapless dress.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:11 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I'm good with someone wearing underwear under the swimsuits. I had an incident about ten years ago where I was swimming with my husband and kids at a sort of natural spring with a pool area. There was an older gentlemen that was wearing what must have been board shorts with no liner. My husband and I were in the pool. The gentleman was standing above talking to us. The view is one I will probably always remember. Lol!

Old 06-30-2017, 09:41 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
Somewhere, back in time, some kid's overbearing mother made him wear underwear with his bathing suit (why? we'll never know, probably out of ignorance) and a trend, of sorts, was born. We are creatures of habit so if our mother made us wear underwear with a bathing suit many will continue to do it and pass that weird habit down to their own offspring until enough people do it that it could be supported on an internet forum. I've lived on an island near a beach my entire life and believe I have never encountered anyone of any age wearing anything under a swimsuit of any kind.

my mom definitely did not make me wear anything underneath mine. she always got me lined bathing suits and they were always uncomfortable. then i switched to board shorts w/ no liner or other unlined suits + compression shorts as an adult and im way more comfortable.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:52 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
My husband always wears underwear with his bathing suit (boxer briefs and and long, short-style suit). It drives me nuts. Why? Do a lot of other guys do this? It probably wouldn't bother me that much if you couldn't tell, but you can see the waistband peeking out of the top of the shorts when they get wet. You can also see his skivvies through the suit sometimes when it gets wet.

I never say anything to him, but seriously, do other guys do this? I never seem to see other huys at the pool or beach wearing their undies.
I think that harsh mesh in men's suits is probably irritating to him. Understandable. But a better solution is a pair of swim jammers under the suit. Looks a lot better, too.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:54 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,000,065 times
Quote:
Somewhere, back in time, some kid's overbearing mother made him wear underwear with his bathing suit (why? we'll never know, probably out of ignorance) and a trend, of sorts, was born. We are creatures of habit so if our mother made us wear underwear with a bathing suit many will continue to do it and pass that weird habit down to their own offspring until enough people do it that it could be supported on an internet forum. I've lived on an island near a beach my entire life and believe I have never encountered anyone of any age wearing anything under a swimsuit of any kind.

And I thought it was bad that my mom made me wear a coat under my Halloween costume.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:16 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Just wear dark swim trunks with the lining inside and he should be fine. "Support" isn't really needed...just let everything breathe down there.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:11 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Almost every guy I know wears those quick dry, spandex-y type briefs under their trunks.
I don't!

Old 06-30-2017, 04:14 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Me, to husband: "Do you ever wear underwear under your swimwear?"

Mr. Rasa: "Uh, no. Never. There's a liner."

He's pretty well-endowed. Guess he's not too concerned about scaring others with his endowedness.
I'm not well endowed and no one is scared of me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty