Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2017, 12:53 AM

218 posts, read 171,482 times

Advertisements

I say 45+ due to it being my woman's age. I am in a YM/OW relationship and my woman is 47 - about to be 48. For women in this age group, how much has your style in regards to what you wear changed, if much at all? I realize it's different for every woman, of course. My lady friend does wear a lot of dresses and skirts and even undies are nice and pretty/sexy. She shops at VS a lot lol. I certainly don't need and require some super young "hot toned bod" by any mean, and she has an EXCELLENT pair of legs for any age so dresses/skirts are always welcome

Of course, I mainly love her for how well we get along, how we can talk about similar interests, how we can introduce each other to new and interesting things etc. but being the F&B forum I thought I'd highlight the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 01:15 AM

218 posts, read 171,482 times
Guess no one cares.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:56 AM

1,820 posts, read 1,412,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
For women in this age group, how much has your style in regards to what you wear changed, if much at all?
Was difficult to locate your question.

In answer, what changed was retirement. All the office clothes went bye bye that same day. The only thing I wear now is shorts, jeans, tee shirts and assorted other comfortable hot weather clothing.

I keep one set of wedding and funeral appropriate clothing. Everything else is about comfort.

What did not change was the materials I wear. Natural fibers and occasionally some of the modern, breathable fabrics (not polyester). I wore those in my office clothing then, and in my comfortable clothing now.

Does that help?

Old 07-02-2017, 10:22 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
OP, It's not at all clear what you're asking. She wears dresses and skirts? A lot of women do, for work. What does she wear during her leisure time? Why are you asking? What, exactly, are you asking?

My style hasn't changed much at all. Dresses, skirts for work, as always. Shorts, jeans of different colors, with fitted t-shirts or nice tops, otherwise. In the last few years, I've gotten into skorts. They look like short skirts, but they're shorts--very practical and attractive. I don't spend money on expensive undies, fwiw. What is it you're asking, again??

Old 07-03-2017, 08:53 AM

13,441 posts, read 15,411,159 times
Well, actually, my style has actually changed for the better now that I'm in my 40s. Maybe that came with shedding a bunch of unwanted pounds and finding my sense of style. I guess the hours spent in the gym have paid off. I like funky, edgy clothes and bright colors. I wear more tailored/fitted stuff now than I did five years ago. H&M is my go to store. If anything, I have to try and not dress "too young" because it's not my intention to compete with the twenty year olds. it's just that I like what I like and refuse to be consigned to wearing Sag Harbor because I'm 41 years old.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:57 PM

71 posts, read 80,734 times
I'm over 50 and my style is more for comfort these days. Was also married to a guy 19 years younger than me for 13 years and he recently ditched me when I went through menopause as he decided I was too old for him and he now wanted children.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:20 PM

11,035 posts, read 6,586,897 times
My style has never changed and I'm 62. Whatever looks good on me, that's all I care about.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,878,848 times
On weekends I generally wear t-shirt and jeans so my style hasn't changed that much. I prefer the boot cut jeans that sit slightly below my waist as the skinny leg ones just make me look even shorter than I am (5' 3"). I am really into t-shirts with art on them and also like the classic v-neck ones.

For work I usually wear khaki slacks, cargo pants, or jeans and wear a long sleeve casual top.

The shoes I favor are square toed casuals with a 3" heel for the weekends. My job involves a LOT of walking so at work I wear black oxfords which need to be replaced every 8 months or so

I don't really pay attention to the trends or what's "in" or "out". If I feel like dyeing my hair burgundy, I'll do it. If I feel like carrying a purse shaped like a giant fish, I do that, too.

I like bold statement jewelry and have a large silver moon pendant I like. Another piece I like is a "Lucky 13" charm and a large silver eagle in flight.

I favor the colors burgundy, black, grey, and orange.

My style has not really changed all that much over the years, I have always had unusual taste in clothing/accessories.

I never wore a lot of makeup and it's only once in a while. I don't wear the metallics anymore since they aren't as flattering as they were. I stick more to matte' finishes for eyeshadows and don't use liquid foundation.

The only major change is that I don't dye my hair black anymore as it is too harsh and ageing now at age 47. I color it only to cover the grey and dye it the natural color which is a light reddish brown.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:10 PM

41,881 posts, read 74,938,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
Guess no one cares.
Pretty much. If she's comfortable and happy with what she's wearing, what I wear or don't wear is of no nevermind to her.

Old 07-04-2017, 10:48 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,495,234 times
My style hasn't changed much, if that's your question. I never was into fancy undergarments and still am not. I wear a few more dresses/skirts than I did when I first met my husband, but otherwise I am pretty similar in terms of my style. His style hasn't evolved a whole lot, either. Works for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty