Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 AM

98 posts, read 165,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is a good place to start, and Macy's has frequent sales. INC stands for International Concepts. It's a good line. Macy's has a couple of in-house brands that are good.
Thanks, I'll try that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 06:27 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,729,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Really? Because I regularly see a few options at Gap / Old Navy - boot cuts or what have you. Unless she has thighs that are smaller than the typical pattern for her thighs.

I don't know how they fit - I am not the best gauge for thigh fit. All jeans are form fitting on my legs - so I decided to just stick with ones that are intentionally so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Macy's online has straight leg jeans, and a few bootcut selections. Bootcut are almost everywhere. Look around online; most catalogs have them.
She has looked (and still looks) constantly at those stores, and does not find anything. The waist sits way too high, and the material and general look is like for going to work on a tractor, not "sexy" or anything.

She gets her stuff overseas right now, but rather be able to by things in the US.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,760,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
She has looked (and still looks) constantly at those stores, and does not find anything. The waist sits way too high, and the material and general look is like for going to work on a tractor, not "sexy" or anything.

She gets her stuff overseas right now, but rather be able to by things in the US.
There are so many jeans brands - I can't believe she can't find anything. AG Jeans, Joe's Jeans, Forever 21, Warp and Weft, Good American, American Eagle, Madewell. All of those brands have all the cuts.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
There are so many jeans brands - I can't believe she can't find anything. AG Jeans, Joe's Jeans, Forever 21, Warp and Weft, Good American, American Eagle, Madewell. All of those brands have all the cuts.
It is more than just the cut, it is the material as well. Jeans in the US have this "for work" look and sit high waisted except for skinny jeans. I pretty sure my wife would not be shopping overseas for clothes if she could find them here, but I know they do not have the same design jeans she buys in Turkey, Ukraine, and Russia here in the US, I have never seen them.

She does have some from the US for very casual wear, she has a pair from GAP, AE, and Hollister. Hollister for a while had the jeans she liked, but they have not had them for a few years now.

I will give her the list of names and your post so she can check, thank you for the suggestions.

Old 07-10-2017, 07:33 PM

35,516 posts, read 17,776,251 times
After reading through this whole thread, I feel much better now. ;D. Thanks.

I'm sick and tired of ugly, ugly, ugly and cheap looking unflattering things. Ugly colors, ugly styles, unflattering, polyester. Big billowy shirts that form a "bubble" over your midriff.

And then, jeans that someone has purposely worn holes in before you buy them. ???

I shop at Macy's and Dillards, so it's not like bottom of the barrel. Can stores please go back to offering pretty colors, flattering styles, brand new looking clothing, in cotton that isn't just . . . UGLY?

Old 07-10-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
So did a quick view, and those stores do not have what my wife is looking for. No low rise, flare or bootcut pants. They are all mid or high rise. My wife is only 5'2", so a mid rise sits way high on her as is.

Forever 21 is garbage, cheap quality and style.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
It is more than just the cut, it is the material as well. Jeans in the US have this "for work" look and sit high waisted except for skinny jeans. I pretty sure my wife would not be shopping overseas for clothes if she could find them here, but I know they do not have the same design jeans she buys in Turkey, Ukraine, and Russia here in the US, I have never seen them.

She does have some from the US for very casual wear, she has a pair from GAP, AE, and Hollister. Hollister for a while had the jeans she liked, but they have not had them for a few years now.

I will give her the list of names and your post so she can check, thank you for the suggestions.
Hmm, I guess I can't think of a time I got a for work look. All of my jeans are stretchy and soft. High waist seems to be more common now but maybe 25% of them.

I haven't bought any in a while. Wish me luck, I need get some. All of mine are either too big or died.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
So did a quick view, and those stores do not have what my wife is looking for. No low rise, flare or bootcut pants. They are all mid or high rise. My wife is only 5'2", so a mid rise sits way high on her as is.

Forever 21 is garbage, cheap quality and style.
She must have a super short torso if the mid-rise is too high!

While forever21 is low quality generally, I have actually picked great fitting jeans that lasted a reasonable amount of time. They are really inconsistent, but some stuff has surprising longevity. But I made a pact my next pair of jeans would be made in the US.

Are you sure AE doesnt have what she wants? I went there with a friend a few months ago and she got low rise bootcut jeans. And I think some straight legged ones too. There were plenty of lower waist pairs but I don't remember if they were skinnies.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:54 AM

1,347 posts, read 938,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
After reading through this whole thread, I feel much better now. ;D. Thanks.

I'm sick and tired of ugly, ugly, ugly and cheap looking unflattering things. Ugly colors, ugly styles, unflattering, polyester. Big billowy shirts that form a "bubble" over your midriff.

And then, jeans that someone has purposely worn holes in before you buy them. ???

I shop at Macy's and Dillards, so it's not like bottom of the barrel. Can stores please go back to offering pretty colors, flattering styles, brand new looking clothing, in cotton that isn't just . . . UGLY?
Tried to rep you but couldn't. Amen!!

Old 07-11-2017, 07:10 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,383,747 times
Fitted or not, I'm grateful some tops are longer than they have been. Being busty and long waisted I've struggled with finding tops that barely brush the tops of my jeans. I never put tops in the dryer for fear they'll end up as midriffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty