Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:17 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,197,397 times

Advertisements

men make-up....

was that the prize in a box of wheaties???

i remember when men couldnt wear earrings at work..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 07:20 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What?!
Is this normal for straight men?
Since when?
I didn't say straight men. My point is that YOU are the one making it about their sexual orientation. Not them.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 07-14-2017, 07:35 PM

26,772 posts, read 22,518,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I didn't say straight men. My point is that YOU are the one making it about their sexual orientation. Not them.
[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]
Yes, because it's only logical; if a man is trying to "look feminine" and to wear make-up, this is definitely about his "sexual orientation" - what else?

Old 07-14-2017, 07:49 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,950,508 times
Default Nope.... I like the natural look.

He's hiding what he really looks like.... it's not right! You meet a guy who looks great with all that make up and then when he takes it off... he looks totally different! It's a scam! It's cheating! He looks like a clown!

( That felt really good after reading all the make up threads in the beauty and fashion section with guys saying the same about us women who wear make up.)

Old 07-14-2017, 07:53 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,118 times
I have known a few man who powder their faces, usually for medical reasons, or they are too hairy.

As an add on to look silky smooth, this is a first. Unless you are an actor, i dont see a need.

Employers are going to have a hard time pushing make up policy, with all the lgbt rights going on.

As recent as 10 years ago, facial hair was acceptable, as long as well groomed, starting in san francisco.

Tatoos and body markings are also a constitutionaly protected right.

But to look at mr . Loreal? Takingetro sexual to another level

Old 07-14-2017, 08:07 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,874,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
men make-up....

was that the prize in a box of wheaties???

i remember when men couldnt wear earrings at work..
That was a carryover from repressive times that at least offered good job security and probably shorter commutes and fewer hours for full-time employees than now.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 PM

322 posts, read 286,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
If there are schools that allow boys to wear shorts but not girls, that's not right, but the complaints I've seen are about girls being forbidden to wear shorts (or maybe their near-equivalent skirts) shorter than boys do. Boys don't wear low-cut tops I hope the media will start focusing on more legitimate dress-code stories. There happens to be one in the news about changes Paul Ryan is making.
Tank tops can be low cut and v necks which I've seen boys wear, but if a girl wears a v neck or a tank top it's a huge deal. Girls get treated differently in schools and it's justified for them to speak about it. Of course boys wouldn't see an issue because they aren't the ones getting written up or told to change. And lol Paul Ryan making a change...keeping his track record in mind it's probably more negative than positive.

I'm glad the media is focusing on these stories. Saw a lot of unfairness at my high school and hope there'll be some sort of compromise or change to come out of this.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:02 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes, because it's only logical; if a man is trying to "look feminine" and to wear make-up, this is definitely about his "sexual orientation" - what else?
Clearly you don't understand that there is a difference between gender identity and sexual orientation. You just put everything under a big broad GAY umbrella.

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 07-15-2017, 08:17 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I don't really see the difference between women wearing makeup at work. If the guy is an effective employee who cares?

Old 07-15-2017, 11:29 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,720,216 times
Welcome to 2017.
Here is the formula for getting your way

1 - Do something that isnt socially acceptable
2 - Go on social media to rant about it when you dont get your way when you knew it wasnt socially acceptable
3 - Internet rallies around complainer because "rabble rabble they should have the right to do (insert whatever the hell soapbox they are on)" while quoting their political stance or blaming it on the people who dont believe in their stance (blah blah left blah blah right blah blah)
4 - Company changes their policy because a bunch of internet warriors gave it enough "likes"
5 - Profit if company doesnt change

I dont know who the hell raised this society but they should all be ashamed of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty