Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:50 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Curious, has anyone ever tried real collagen lip injections from a Doctor and if so, how long did that last?
Yeah, me too....*wondering*
The only thing what turns me off, scares me, is the "fish lip" syndrome...(Lisa Rhinna image comes to mind, as well as Melanie Griffit...JMHO)
Me personally, I wouldn't want that effect, and would just chose a more suble, "au natural" look.
Anyone had injections done to the lips?
What did you use?
What was the effect....were you happy, disappointed or had side effects?
I am just curious too...and nosy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 08:47 AM

342 posts, read 1,793,615 times
Quote:
It would be great if they could make a product to last at least 6 hours.

So you would say that the Maybelline one with the built in plumper feels like Lip Venom? Lip Venom worked for about a half hour or so on me, and that was it. The rest of the time it was just annoying.
It tingles initially like Lip Venom. I think with most of these products as long as you keep it on or keep reapplying it, you will have some result. However, once it is off, the effect wears off quickly.

I have never had the lip injections. I think they use Restalyne most of the time. My lips are pretty full naturally. I like to use the lip plumpers sometimes for some added "pout." My husband hates that look, and even if I wanted it done, he would draw the line at that. Unfortunately, most of the women who have had the lip injections have results that are very obvious and do not look natural at all IMHO.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:17 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
The only thing what turns me off, scares me, is the "fish lip" syndrome...(Lisa Rhinna image comes to mind, as well as Melanie Griffit...JMHO)
Me personally, I wouldn't want that effect, and would just chose a more suble, "au natural" look.
What did you use?
add one more "me too". I would love to have mine slightly plumped but afraid it would turn out awful. For anyone that has tried it, does it take a few days to settle in or does it look good from the get go? During the consult. do you show the doctor pictures of lips you like and ones you REALLY don't like? If you have had it done and you feel comfortable, could you tell me how much it cost? I know it will vary from place to place but figure would be cool (as in how many hundreds).

thanks!
j

Old 03-19-2008, 06:33 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
What did you use?
I agree about the "fish lips". Not attractive. I remember seeing pictures of Jessica Simpson with a much more subdued "inflation" from injections and it didn't look too bad. This was about a year ago though and from her newer photos it looks like her lips are back to normal. There were claims on Celebrity Blogs that Brittany Spears had it done and you could see needle marks near her lips in the paparazzi photos. I just thought she had a breakout, from what I could tell.

If I get up the nerve to try the injections, I will post back here to tell of my experience! Until then, I think I'll just buy the new Maybelline and Physicians Formula ones. Thanks TaJasMi and hc7612 for the product suggestions.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:07 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,712 times
Some lip balms like Lip Fusion and Carmex do plump them up pretty good, better than some lip glosses/lipsticks.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,719,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
Some lip balms like Lip Fusion and Carmex do plump them up pretty good, better than some lip glosses/lipsticks.
Carmex? The stuff in the white jar with the yellow cap? I never knew that! Is it because of the menthol?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,712 times
Quote:
Carmex? The stuff in the white jar with the yellow cap? I never knew that! Is it because of the menthol?
Yeah, it does work. I use it everyday. I do believe it's the menthol that plumbs up the lips.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 AM

342 posts, read 1,793,615 times
I cannot say that I have noticed a plumping effect, but Carmex is the bomb!! I have worn it every night for 18 years, and have never had chapped lips. I put it on at bedtime. It is great stuff.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
add one more "me too". I would love to have mine slightly plumped but afraid it would turn out awful. For anyone that has tried it, does it take a few days to settle in or does it look good from the get go? During the consult. do you show the doctor pictures of lips you like and ones you REALLY don't like? If you have had it done and you feel comfortable, could you tell me how much it cost? I know it will vary from place to place but figure would be cool (as in how many hundreds).

thanks!
j
I know from my previous experience, that all cosmetic surgery procedures have to have a certain time frame to "settle" (It depends on how invasive the procedure is)
I have heard too, that fillers of any kind into the body, have to "settle" and have the chance to be somewhat "absorbed" by your body, meaning, fillers/ injections will look more dominant when first administered.

I also KNOW from first hand experience, that plastic surgeons actually encourage you to bring pictures, to find out exactly, what EFFECT you're going for, and what you have in mind.
They work with it, and let you know, what is "do- able" with your own body, and how it will look on you.
They actually have pic's in their office, the famous "before and after" you can look at, to base your decision on. (WITH the patients consent, of course! I signed paperwork giving my ok, for my pic's to be used as a "guidance" and "inspiration" of some sort....LOL )

I've gone to my plastic surgeon 3 times, before anything actually happened.....all for consultations, to make sure, I ended up with what I really, really wanted.
They understood....and encouraged it, if anything.
I just didn't take it lightly......

Old 04-04-2008, 09:33 AM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times
Lip Fusion is expensive but the only one that has given me enough plump to be worthwhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty