Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 12:06 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times

Advertisements

I'm a former 34G, and the nice bras I bought at Nordstrom ran me on average $70. Cheaper bras literally never, ever fit right. Ever. But once I found one I liked I'd go on ebay and buy the same bra for $20-$30 (If I went in to get fitted I'd always buy one at full price at the store, though). Fantasie, Chantelle, and Wacoal were 3 brands that worked very, very well for my small band/large cup size.

Discount/made in china/cheapo bras can maybe work for smaller sizes, but the engineering is different for larger cups, and it's *very* different for small band/large cup (known specifically as "full fit") so the cheaper brands that just make the same thing with more material just don't work.

Here's a good article on the subject: https://www.racked.com/2017/2/3/1417...izing-lingerie

Last edited by Jenkay; 08-10-2017 at 12:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 08:21 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Well, could you tell which one is which? One is Nordstrom-Wacoal for $70, the other is Aliexpress for $12.
I most certainly can not tell. The thing though, when you mention "dupe" you can't be referring to the name brand bra. Just say'n.

Finally, Nordstrom is not the only store to sell Wacoal. Amazon has loads of them in varying price points. Many colors, sizes marked down. The only problem is you have to check your size to see if yours is one that's marked down.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:23 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I have never been able to wear a Victoria Secret bra. They're too small.
I personally find VS bras poorly made. They eventually turn over at the top and the bra doesn't lay flat.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:45 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
I personally find VS bras poorly made. They eventually turn over at the top and the bra doesn't lay flat.
They are made for smaller cup. I used to be able to wear them until I gave birth to my second child. Now I buy my bras in Canada. They personally fit me better. Then when I need more I can go to her room and get similar size there. But they are not cheap even with the exchange rate.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:33 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,190,478 times
BRA EXTENDERS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MY...=bra+extenders

These things are great to help customize your bras. I don't use them on all, just some.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
BRA EXTENDERS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MY...=bra+extenders

These things are great to help customize your bras. I don't use them on all, just some.
What does this have to do with the OP finding her bra size. She isn't complaining about fit around the band or outgrowing her bras due to temporary weight gain.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:10 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,190,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
What does this have to do with the OP finding her bra size. She isn't complaining about fit around the band or outgrowing her bras due to temporary weight gain.
Huh? What's the problem..... Just giving a suggestion... Not selling anything. Just a simple solution that's worked for me on occasion a bra doesn't fit quite right..... Jeez

Old 08-12-2017, 11:52 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
All of this bra talk made me decide to go get another fitting. I went to the Wacoal store at the outlet mall. I'm down again! I got a minimizer, a sport, an awareness and some undies for $172. I also got two $15 coupons.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:43 AM

3,101 posts, read 2,003,983 times
I'm back w/my 1st update. I did read every post & want to thank you all again. If I begin replying to each post, it will take me 3-days & I'll just needlessly clutter up the thread, so I'll just say that I researched & recorded info/brands I could use & will keep testing brands.

Thank you to the few who recommended Smart & Sexy bras! I bought 2 online for $10/ea & they're surprisingly well made, have pretty material & colors & are comfortable... stretchy material with no bulky padding & a bit of netting for extra coverage. I decided to order from WalMart as if I had to return them, I'm literally next door to one & it's the same price.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smart-Sex...85045/40647270

I'll try other brands, as these are nice, but I like to have many different styles. The straps on these are a bit thicker than I'd like, but all in all, I cannot complain... & most importantly, I don't feel the need to wrench the thing off at least 10-times/day. Additionally, who would have thought $10 would buy a decent bra?!

So, already you've been very helpful & I'm glad I asked for suggestions! Good job!

Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
Reporting with my Aliexpress purchase.......

This is 34G. The quality of support is impressive - a person could actually RUN with comfort: this is a sport-y bra.
Attached Thumbnails
Where to buy affordable, comfortable bras?-img_0767.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty