Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2017, 10:03 PM

102 posts, read 101,389 times

Advertisements

I'm not very experienced with fragrances. I have a couple relatively fancy perfumes, but my favorite is a scent mist from Victoria's Secret called Aqua Kiss. Unfortunately, the longevity is awful, so I'm in search to find a similar mist or perfume. I just don't know how to go about doing so.

According to Fragrantica, Aqua Kiss has the following notes:
- Sea notes
- Freesia
- Daisy
- Aloe vera
- Plum blossom
- Chamomile
- Floral notes

In the "this perfume reminds me of..." section, all the perfumes listed were discontinued or impossible to buy in the USA.

So, how do I go about finding a similar perfume or mist? Any recommendations? I like what are described as "aquatic" scents, but feminine ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:25 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,603,625 times
There is an easy and a harder solution to your problem.

Easy: go to your nearest Bath and Body Works store, which has about 20 different testers of various fragrances, and find a new favorite. When that stops being made, rinse and repeat.

Harder: take a sample of Aqua Kiss to a perfume store (some malls have a "mix your own" perfume store) and attempt to create it yourself. There may or may not be someone there who can help.

I used to mix scents for homemade soaps back in the 1970s. A lot of commercial fragrances are some type of fruit scent (orange, apple, grapefruit) cut with vanilla (about 3:1). Michael's Craft Store sells several types of fragrance kits. I think the last one I brought was around $10 with a coupon. I was able to make soap that smelled like
Sardo (a popular bath oil in the late 1960s) and a Lemon Perfume (Love's Baby Soft, I think) that was popular in the 1970s.

That's another alternative if you don't have a make your own perfume store nearby.

Lastly, if you have a little money and/or hate change, you might go to an upscale department store and find a classic commercial perfume that won't go out of style.

I have a friend who wears white sandalwood for that reason. One will always be able to get white sandalwood but not always the perfumes with the specific blends with white sandalwood as a base. And pure white sandalwood can hang around for about 12 hours without being re-applied.

I hope something here helps! I know how frustrating it is to like a certain scent or product and then have the company go out of business or like a scent but have other problems with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty