Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 01:38 AM

10,894 posts, read 7,386,537 times

Advertisements

I've tried "sister size" and it just doesn't fit right. I think it's a ploy by the bra sellers to get you to buy something when they're out of your size.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:28 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I've tried "sister size" and it just doesn't fit right. I think it's a ploy by the bra sellers to get you to buy something when they're out of your size.
never heard of the saying and would shop elsewhere if they didnt have my size.. but Ive never had the problem anywhere..

Old 08-19-2017, 05:13 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Once having been "properly measured", I was told I should wear an H cup.

Just try to find a bra in an H cup. You can occasionally find them online, but try finding one under $50 and available to be tried on - and no, I do NOT think it is ok to go to one of those expensive bra stores and try them on there but then look for them at a discount price online.

The only G/H cup I have found affordably is way smaller than the labeled size. It fit me nearly the same as the last C cup I bought. It might be equivalent to a D cup, but definitely not the G/H cup it claimed.

So do I wear "sister" sizes? No. I can't get anywhere near my actual size. The sister sizes are out of range as well.

And no, I am not particularly well endowed. Its just that almost every woman out there is wearing a much smaller cup size than they actually need because of the crazy way we've assigned and measured for bra sizes for years.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:20 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Threads with this type of information always and without fail make me glad I'm a man.
Ditto. I had no idea what this meant. I still don't know why it's called sister size.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:48 AM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
Ditto. I had no idea what this meant. I still don't know why it's called sister size.
If you go down a band size, go up a cup size. If you go up a band size, go down a cup size.

In order to get my "proper" size in a "sister" size, I would have to go up 6" in a band size to a C cup size and then tailor the band to fit. That's a big tailoring job. I'm also not convinced that going that far afield in "sister" sizes would actually get me a cup size to fit even post-band-tailoring.

Google is your friend in these situations. Or is it a man-deficiency, similar to refusing to stop and ask for directions?

Old 08-19-2017, 06:55 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,312,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
If you go down a band size, go up a cup size. If you go up a band size, go down a cup size.

In order to get my "proper" size in a "sister" size, I would have to go up 6" in a band size to a C cup size and then tailor the band to fit. That's a big tailoring job. I'm also not convinced that going that far afield in "sister" sizes would actually get me a cup size to fit even post-band-tailoring.

Google is your friend in these situations. Or is it a man-deficiency, similar to refusing to stop and ask for directions?
LOL. Maybe it's a man deficiency. To me, "sister" means two females who are usually genetically related. I guess in this context it just means "close" or "similar"

Old 08-19-2017, 08:01 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Not all bras have three rows of eyes. Some have only two, some have three, I have at least one bra with 4. So, that's not necessarily true of the usefulness of the band. I understand what you're saying though, but I would rather go up a band size and down a cup size (wherever possible).

Sorry, I guess more correctly, I'm talking about "columns" of eyes. It's true that the taller the band, the more "rows" there are.

The vast majority of bras have three vertical "columns" of eyes.

I wouldn't buy a bra with two columns ... that would seem to me like a corner cutting measure resulting in a cheap, shoddy bra. One with four columns seems to be overcompensating for a band that will stretch to an extreme.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:37 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Threads with this type of information always and without fail make me glad I'm a man.

As well you should! Bras and periods are an unjust burden on the distaff side. DH says so frequently.

But, nope, never heard of "sister size". Heard of sistering 2x4's....

Old 08-19-2017, 09:31 AM

473 posts, read 760,750 times
I decided to exchange the 34Cs for 36Bs. While the cup seemed fine, I was worried about the band feeling uncomfortable and not stretching.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:33 AM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
As well you should! Bras and periods are an unjust burden on the distaff side. DH says so frequently.

But, nope, never heard of "sister size". Heard of sistering 2x4's....
You had to mention periods didn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty