Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 02:03 PM

16,417 posts, read 12,495,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If you plan to wear them on the plane, I'd look for something with elastic laces to make it easier to slip off and on during the security check.
Or wear them like we did in the late 80's/early 90's ... no laces!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 04:51 PM

1,235 posts, read 731,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I own a pair of white canvas sneakers from Old Navy. They come in a bunch of colors and are very popular and I really do like them.

They are very cute but they are also very uncomfortable after maybe a half hour. So I can't walk in them all day.

I want a second backup pair of white canvas sneakers to travel in. So they MUST be walkable as I intend on wearing them on an upcoming trip out of the country. Any recommendations on a plain solid white canvas sneaker that is comfortable?

I tried on a pair of Converse in Nordstrom Rack...those things were hard as a rock on the inside! Like puttinng your foot inside of a shoe box instead of a shoe. Maybe I got a bad pair of something because I know Converse is mad popular.

I started looking at Vans and Superga...they have plain all white canvas sneakers but I'd like some recommendations on brands that have the most comfortable ones.
I think the comfortability factor is subjective. With that said I own a pair wedge heeled denim canvass sneakers from Jeffrey Campbell. They are the most comfortable fashion sneaker shoes, I've ever owned.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:37 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,537 times
I purchased a pair of Ryka snow sneakers last fall and wore them at the Women's March in Washington and they were pretty comfortable after standing all day. They have several styles and performance sneakers in white.

Women's Athletic Shoes | Athletic Shoes Made for Women

Old 08-22-2017, 06:33 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,539,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I love Sketchers but they don't have (as far as I know canvas type) - good 'ole Keds still does!
I SECOND the Keds! I have 4 pairs and love them all. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...x=%2Caps%2C359 (many different styles to choose from)

The bottom of my feet get hot and sore in other sneakers. They don't in Keds.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:07 PM

1,781 posts, read 1,552,267 times
Everyone has got different feet. Go to a proper shoe shop and get fitted for sneakers or in soles.

https://www.runnersworld.com/shoefinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I own a pair of white canvas sneakers from Old Navy. They come in a bunch of colors and are very popular and I really do like them.

They are very cute but they are also very uncomfortable after maybe a half hour. So I can't walk in them all day.

I want a second backup pair of white canvas sneakers to travel in. So they MUST be walkable as I intend on wearing them on an upcoming trip out of the country. Any recommendations on a plain solid white canvas sneaker that is comfortable?

I tried on a pair of Converse in Nordstrom Rack...those things were hard as a rock on the inside! Like puttinng your foot inside of a shoe box instead of a shoe. Maybe I got a bad pair of something because I know Converse is mad popular.

I started looking at Vans and Superga...they have plain all white canvas sneakers but I'd like some recommendations on brands that have the most comfortable ones.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:30 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,786 times
Not white but I wanted to share anyway...sorry.

These things are amazingly comfortable, and I'm hard to please. I ended up buying them in three different colors. Hoping they will make them in white next year.

FitFlop

Old 08-23-2017, 01:49 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,691,352 times
ASICS. This was the brand recommended to my son when he was in cross country / track. They are light weight, flexible, yet supportive. Yes they are running shoes but I like walking in light weight shoes. There are various designs and colors just like any tennis shoe but these make my feet extremely happy.

Not into canvas shoes. I wore those in elementary school and. . . They were Vans.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:07 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Keds

Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 AM

649 posts, read 816,070 times
I would get what you like and put innersoles in, those canvas shoes have no arch support.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:56 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
ASICS. This was the brand recommended to my son when he was in cross country / track. They are light weight, flexible, yet supportive. Yes they are running shoes but I like walking in light weight shoes. There are various designs and colors just like any tennis shoe but these make my feet extremely happy.

Not into canvas shoes. I wore those in elementary school and. . . They were Vans.
I've been a huge fan of ASICs gel kayanos for years. Love the bright colors but to get white ones I had to order directly from ASICs. Funny how hard it is to find white running shoes anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty