Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:40 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,889,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
I can't get used to crossbody bags. I hate they way they cut across my dress or blouse. It's like wearing a seatbelt.

I have about 30 bags, mostly Kate Spade and some old, classic, Dooney and Burkes. I have a coach bag or two but rarely use any of them except Kate Spade.
Me neither. I have had several shoulder surgeries and despite my physical therapist recommending I switch to crossbodies to reduce shoulder stress, I can't stand them. They feel like a snake is coiling its way around my body, trying to suffocate me. I have stuck with my satchels though I have downsized them somewhat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 07:29 PM

6,484 posts, read 4,887,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
My son's fiance is always with a wristlet. She will do a crossbody sometimes too. If we're all out together, I'm the one with a handbag....... Feel nekkkid w/o my handbag. I don't have enough clothing with a lot of pockets. Only time pockets are involved are when I'm in jeans. Otherwise, I'm a dress gal.

In the Fall and Winter months, slacks with pockets are a no go. Don't like pockets on my hips (boy do I not need that look, lol). Jackets/coats in the fall and winter will no doubt have pockets but I wear gloves; so the gloves come off and in the bag when I need to find something in my purse.....
Title Nine makes dresses with stash pockets

Old 08-27-2017, 07:36 PM

1,235 posts, read 727,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Handbags are my weakness. I am relocating in the city where I live. What was going to be a cosmetic update has turned into a full remodel. This requires a moratorium on any handbag purchases. Difficult but necessary.

My preferences are larger bags with structure. I never buy any with gold hardware. The only style I buy are satchels and occasionally totes. Mostly they are Botkier, Calvin Klein, Liebeskind Berlin and more recently, Aimee Kestenberg. During the summer I use only one bag. It is a long discontinued Sakroots "Peace" satchel.

Next week is Labor Day (finally, I hate summer), so I will return to changing bags pretty much daily. I have grouped them seasonally. First up is an AK Camden satchel in soft olive. Next is Jule from LB.

From keraT: "HOW DO YOU LADIES ENSURE YOU USE ALL YOUR PURSES?"

Basically, I carry three things: an organizer for my id, cc's, and cash; another organizer for cosmetics and hair care, and another organizer for miscellaneous stuff. So all I change are these three organizers. My phone and stylus are always with me so they are always last to add.

As MyGoldenLife said: "Shoes are another topic. Don't even get me started..."
You need to get over to Nordstram Rack quick. Botkier styles on sale. Liebskind in red as well.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Title Nine makes dresses with stash pockets
I have one summer dress with a sash pocket. It's a casual dress made by Columbia Sportswear. My house robes and coats/jackets have pockets. Most of my dresses and slacks don't. I have a pair of Ponte Black dressy pants that have a back pocket though. A couple of silk blouses with top pockets on the chest. Very little pockets on my clothing (except my jeans)

Old 08-27-2017, 08:28 PM

3,301 posts, read 2,244,241 times
I used to have more, though never a lot. I've just never been that into purses (or shoes). I currently have two string wallets which are great for running errands, one kind of dressy clutch wallet/purse which I called my interview wallet, and a black tote with a removable pouch for carrying a laptop or whatever else. I use it a ton for work.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:38 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,889,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
However, I'm glad you mentioned the wristlets, those are pretty handy clutches!
A wristlet was one of the two custom purses I had made. I hired an artisan from Etsy to make it for me. It's a black leather monster in a goofy style with three red eyes, fangs, a little leather bow, and an adjustable wrist strap. I call it my attack purse and have gotten many compliments on it. I use wristlets to go to the buffet, festivals, and outdoor fairs; anywhere it's inconvenient to haul a larger purse around or where I might be worried about theft.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:15 AM

Oh ladies.........

Dooney and Bourke styles marked down on Nordstram Rack. Totes, shoulder bags (nylon, coated canvass and leather). Some are even their Major League themed bags.

Right now.....$79.00 - $249.00.

Wristlets and wallets leather, cotton coated, etc. Starting at $49.00.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:18 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,661,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Where are my fellow "bag ladies?" How many handbags do you own? Some of your favorite colors, brands?

I have plenty and had the nerve to buy more over the Summer months.

The only colors I don't have at this time is brown (chocolate color, white).
About a dozen. Right now they are all coach, leather, various colors but all are older styles, mostly flagship. The only newer one I have is the legacy duffle in emerald green with a royal blue strap and tassels. My rule is any new one in, and old one has to go. I have about five I will keep until they wear out. My favorite is a sea foam Laila. I have a really nice Chelsea dowel in a whiskey brown which I will probably keep forever too unless I find a whiskey Abbie in my price point. I have a Anna sui dragonfly I am thinking of selling as I never use it anymore but it is my one of only two black bags (the other is a Caroline that's a little fussy for me) so I will need to get one to replace it.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:22 AM

775 posts, read 772,744 times
Ok, here is the ultimate challenge: a man purse for my hubby. He carries more crap than anyone and his pockets are full, and he can't find anything, and of course he asks me to take up the slack. I have given him canvas, casual discreet bags for his gear but he won't budge. Any ideas besides a wheelbarrow?

Old 08-30-2017, 08:32 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,676,707 times
I have also been obsessed with crossbody bags! They're great on the go, can still look dressy or casual and love how it never slips off my shoulder. Also, it helps me to not overcarry stuff I would have in a bigger purse, stuff I don't really need but weights the bag down.

My one obsession is definitely buying purses! I love getting new ones, it's the only thing in fashion I actually do enjoy collecting. I keep my purses down to only the ones I love and carry often. If there's a purse I no longer use I'll sell it. So I probably have maybe 15-20. This includes 3 crossbody bags. I have coach brands, 3 I believe but I have started to care less about the name brands anymore, well at least with that branch. I still like the style, but I try to only buy bags (if name brand like coach) that doesn't have logo all over it(so prefer a solid color, leather style). A favorite right now is a fossil black bag and a Michael kors I got as a gift. The bag I'm using most is a crossbody and I paid $12 for it from Meijers, Unionbay brand and I love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty