Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 12:28 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
No, lol. Like if you like a certain item, can you buy 100 of them and still be within the rules?
Exactly how underwear works. You own 20 pair or so, and use them one a day. Still the same item.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 01:22 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
I would wear a clean outfit every day, but I hate to overwork the laundry lady.
You have a laundry lady.. wow.. you can afford to buy new clothes for each day... only joking ...hahaha.I dont work now so I wear clean clothes each day and never the same ones from the day before... maybe trousers a couple of days , everything else is changed.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:29 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
No I would not wear the exact same outfit day in day out.

Having actually answered the OP question I will add my favorite wardrobe was one when I had very few clothes and I wore them almost as uniforms. A few different colors . Mostly in the same color palate. Certainly coordinating with each other. Clothes were grab and go not much thought needing to be put into it.

Then I lost 90 pounds over 2 years and of course whole wardrobe had to be changed. I would not spend a lot of $$ as my size changed and have always been a big thrift store shopper so haunted them religiously and also got really friendly with my sewing machine. Now my weight has settled I plan on wearing out what I have and any new items will continue to be in the same color palate because the colors I chose are great colors for me. Everything will go with each other and hopefully I will soon be back to the simple no need to think wardrobe. I really can not see any point in having a closet crammed with clothes or shoes. I cycle my clothes from fairly new to yard clothes to painting clothes to trash.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:28 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
No I would not wear the exact same outfit day in day out.
Sometimes the issue even goes to brand. In May 1991 I was on my honeymoon on St. John, USVI (and in the interests of full disclosure I am still happily married despite my wife's thinking my tastes in clothes are a bit upscale). There were several afternoon and night sightseeing cruises sponsored by our hotel. One afternoon cruise I wore a Nautica pair of shorts, and the next night I wore a Nautica shirt. The husband of another probably honeymooning couple asked "if I had bought out the inventory of the Nautica store."

My wife continues to have fun with that one.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Sometimes the issue even goes to brand. In May 1991 I was on my honeymoon on St. John, USVI (and in the interests of full disclosure I am still happily married despite my wife's thinking my tastes in clothes are a bit upscale). There were several afternoon and night sightseeing cruises sponsored by our hotel. One afternoon cruise I wore a Nautica pair of shorts, and the next night I wore a Nautica shirt. The husband of another probably honeymooning couple asked "if I had bought out the inventory of the Nautica store."
My wife continues to have fun with that one.
Sounds like fun and HA Like your wife I would have had fun with that one too.

The biggest thing for me is if I feel good in what I am wearing. I have certain clothes that make me feel better than others. I am not that sure on brands yet. I am still learning my size. I am also wearing out old soft dresses to sleep in rather then throw them out and they are so comfortable and should some one come to my door early in the morning they have no idea I am not fully dressed. LOL

Old 08-25-2017, 02:34 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
do I have to do laundry every day if I wear the same thing every day? do I have to constantly go shopping for new clothes to wear something new every day and never wear the same thing twice?

or does the correct set of clean and properly fitting clothing magically appear in my closet each day, regardless of which choice I pick?

Old 08-25-2017, 04:28 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I could never wear the same thing every day. EVER. So I am opting for the second choice. A different outfit every day - and I am imagining that they are free of charge.

I also get to keep them in the end. Right?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:38 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I could never wear the same thing every day. EVER. So I am opting for the second choice. A different outfit every day - and I am imagining that they are free of charge.

I also get to keep them in the end. Right?
no point in keeping them if you can never wear them again.

Oh, wait, that's not a problem for some folks!

so...ginormous walk-in closets come with the deal?

Old 08-06-2021, 12:42 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,970,292 times
The second for me, definitely. The more easy and comfortable my clothes -- and the less I have to think about them -- the better.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:10 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Option 1 for me as long as the clothes are free. When I was young and worked full time in an office on Long Island, I never wore the same clothes more than twice a month unless it was something I could change up a bit. Example: gray suit. Today I wear it with a black top & black shoes; next week I wear it with a different color top and gray shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty