Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 04:35 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
Like do you have weird hygiene habits?

I always put on spray deodorant and then stick and I carry underarm wipes with me so I stay fresh lol some find it weird and kind of too much but imo you can never do too much when it comes to your hygiene.
I use a regular stick deodorant and am fine with that for 3 seasons and most of summer.

When we get a rare hot day, I use unscented baby wipes to wipe off sweat and will reapply deodorant if needed. I work in a factory which is not climate controlled...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2017, 07:00 PM

322 posts, read 286,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I use gel deodorant once a day. Sometimes I skip a day and still don't have any odor.

My daughter has noticed that once she uses a certain deodorant for a while, it quits working and she has to switch to something else. Maybe that's what you're experiencing and why you feel like you have to use so many products at once.
Yes I think that's what it is! I think it'll switch it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yep, that's weird.
Rather be weird than smell bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You are not "particular." You are paranoid. That's a different mental state.
I'd think I'm both actually.

Old 09-16-2017, 08:34 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
hygiene includes-
Brush teeth,
Sweat prevention: Lots of water and home made talc powder....Hint: Baking soda...
Wear clean clothes
Foot wear is comfortable and socks are lightweight.

Hair is combed and freshened ....I refuse to wash it every day...I like some oil to ease the dry ends..

I do wash my hands frequently ...when working with the public you tend to get into that habit....

Old 09-17-2017, 02:53 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
I'm not particular. Bathe daily and use deodorant. Brushing teeth should be happening twice a day.

How do people no know this, even if they didn't grow up this way?

Sitting at a desk all day is not a good excuse for skipping out on the daily bathing!

Our skin is our largest organ and it's designed to expel nasty stuff from our bodies. Do your skin a favor and wash the nasties off!

If you never knew this, you know it now. Go get clean! Your friends and coworkers will love you for it!!

Old 09-17-2017, 10:02 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
I absolutely detest being dirty and I shower usually twice a day. I'm also pretty hands on with projects, gardening, bike riding, and more things that get you dirty. Having that sticky feeling comes along with it, and makes that shower feel all the better at the end of the day. I can't go to bed without having a shower first. Do I have any weird hygiene habits? No I don't think so.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:42 AM

3,301 posts, read 3,026,852 times
I like to be natural so now I use Primal Pit Paste. I think you have to detox from regular antiperspirants before it will work as it's supposed to, but since I don't sweat much (or most days, at all), I wasn't using any products for a while before I started using it. It comes in various scents; I got the Patchouli and I really like it.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:37 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
I only wear unscented deodorant, which can be hard to find in this ever increasing product line where there are so many scents to choose from it makes my head spin. When I wore feminine products those were unscented as well. An aquaintance sometimes wears baby powder scented something......deodorant? Panti-liners? The smell is not pleasant! I get nauseated smelling someone who is sweating and their "Ocean Breeze" or any other scented deodorant is apparent. I find I can smell the difference between scented hygiene products and perfumes/body sprays/scented bath washes and shampoos.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:51 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I recently switched to natural deodorant. Over the past 3 years I have tried various natural deodorants. Let's just say, some of the led me to keep a travel sized deodorant on me just in case.

During the experiment, I had a couple of days were I had to meet someone right after my workout class, so I kept some deodorant wipes in my bag. I also kept them around for when I was traveling and was out all day, or had a really early morning flight since the deodorant seemed to be a 14-16 hour one vs 24 hours.

But as the weeks wore on, the deodorant got more effective. And I don't have many cases now where I felt the need to reapply. I do keep a spray in my gym bag. It is not as effective as the regular deodorant but it helps post gym to feel fresher if I need to be out longer after class.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:28 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,925,471 times
Well OP this will totally freak you out. I rarely use deodorant and rarely have any odor. I have some deodorant I can use if for some reason I feel I have an odor but on a daily basis no. I do bathe daily in the evening when my work in done. If I am filthy like today from shoveling wood chips I still did not smell but hated the sticky body feeling and the dirt all over me from the chips.

I am wondering if too much cleaning and washing is upsetting your natural balance and making more odor. I do know some people just have more body odor than others.

My skin is too sensitive and drys out too much to use the deodorant soaps.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I shower at least twice per day because I sweat a lot. Not sure if that is "particular" - for me I find it is necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty