Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Obviously not everyone got along fine until the last few years. In fact, this is exactly the kind of remark a lot of white people made during the Civil Rights movement; saying "everything was fine until all them black folks started to want equality."
What are you comparing slavery to? The use of pronoun? SERIOUSLY??? Good GAWD ....

The origins of the modern use of the word "gender" comes from John Money, a sexologist who experimented with a set of male twin toddlers, forcing them to simulate sexual acts on each other as children. He watched and instructed them, of course, and told their parents it was in the children's best interests. It worked so well, one of them went mental and the other committed suicide. The one the "doctor" tried to turn female ultimately "rebelled" and turned male again. it's all true. Look it up.

Gender is pschyo babble, garbage "science," based of of John Money's "research" which was child mental, emotional and sexual abuse. His research was nonsense -- he falsified it on top of all the horrible things he did -- and he should have been put in JAIL.

And to compare the use of a pronoun as "hurtful" to the suffering and torture of an enslaved person who was kidnapped from his country, separated from family, beaten and treated like garbage is beyond repulsive. There is NO comparison. Not even close. A word cannot kill you. And if you FEEL like it can, you are mentally ill and need serious help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What are you comparing slavery to? The use of pronoun? SERIOUSLY??? Good GAWD ....

The origins of the modern use of the word "gender" comes from John Money, a sexologist who experimented with a set of male twin toddlers, forcing them to simulate sexual acts on each other as children. He watched and instructed them, of course, and told their parents it was in the children's best interests. It worked so well, one of them went mental and the other committed suicide. The one the "doctor" tried to turn female ultimately "rebelled" and turned male again. it's all true. Look it up.

Gender is pschyo babble, garbage "science," based of of John Money's "research" which was child mental, emotional and sexual abuse. His research was nonsense -- he falsified it on top of all the horrible things he did -- and he should have been put in JAIL.

And to compare the use of a pronoun as "hurtful" to the suffering and torture of an enslaved person who was kidnapped from his country, separated from family, beaten and treated like garbage is beyond repulsive. There is NO comparison. Not even close. A word cannot kill you. And if you FEEL like it can, you are mentally ill and need serious help.
I see you are deeply triggered by all this - perhaps there is a reason. And its very telling that you think the Civil Rights movement was about slavery - either you don't read history or you can't bear to think about the injustice done to anyone else be they African-Americans or trans people.

Why do you care so much about who other people are and how they live their lives? Is it hurting you in any way? (Hint: Its not).

And returning to the original point of this thread on whether someone has been mistaken as another gender, the question of why it would bother someone says a lot about that person. For a woman to be mistaken as a man, she may be bothered by it (or not) but it would not "destroy" her. For most men, being mistaken as a woman would mean the loss of their man card, the ultimate humiliation...the destruction of his manhood.

What does this tell us about how our society thinks of women? If being mistaken for a woman is so bad, then that person believes women are inferior...or they don't believe that but recognize that women are seen as being on a lower level than men. Either way, this is a fascinating topic!

Old 10-09-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
I see you are deeply triggered by all this - perhaps there is a reason. And its very telling that you think the Civil Rights movement was about slavery - either you don't read history or you can't bear to think about the injustice done to anyone else be they African-Americans or trans people.

Why do you care so much about who other people are and how they live their lives? Is it hurting you in any way? (Hint: Its not).

And returning to the original point of this thread on whether someone has been mistaken as another gender, the question of why it would bother someone says a lot about that person. For a woman to be mistaken as a man, she may be bothered by it (or not) but it would not "destroy" her. For most men, being mistaken as a woman would mean the loss of their man card, the ultimate humiliation...the destruction of his manhood.

What does this tell us about how our society thinks of women? If being mistaken for a woman is so bad, then that person believes women are inferior...or they don't believe that but recognize that women are seen as being on a lower level than men. Either way, this is a fascinating topic!
If someone named Michael wants to wear a dress and tells me to call him Michelle, that he prefers Michelle, and would rather that name: Guess what?

"Hi Michelle, how are you?" Because if you want to be called MoonBeam Unicorn Bacon Face, guess what, MoonBeam, it's YOUR name, have at it. I don't get to pick your name. You do.

When a man tells me that he is a woman and that he must be called she/her that is redefining BIOLOGY. That is a problem. A huge problem.

Hint: People don't get to redefine biology just because they feel like it. Science is based on fact, not feelings.

What does this tell me about our society? So glad you asked ... it tells me that a LOT of people failed kindergarten. Including YOU.

No one here has said being mistaken for either SEX -- not gender -- was bad. I don't know any man who would feel the "destruction of his manhood" if he were mistaken for female. If so, he needs a TON of mental health care. Most would probably think it was funny, laugh about it and go on with the day. No one here who posted about decided to scream and rant and demand laws or sought mental health care. They got over it. As mentally healthy people do.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:

No one here has said being mistaken for either SEX -- not gender -- was bad.
You need to read this thread...you missed it.

And read the title of this thread, its about "being mistaken for the opposite gender."

Reading is fundamental.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
If someone named Michael wants to wear a dress and tells me to call him Michelle, that he prefers Michelle, and would rather that name: Guess what?

"Hi Michelle, how are you?" Because if you want to be called MoonBeam Unicorn Bacon Face, guess what, MoonBeam, it's YOUR name, have at it. I don't get to pick your name. You do.

When a man tells me that he is a woman and that he must be called she/her that is redefining BIOLOGY. That is a problem. A huge problem.

Hint: People don't get to redefine biology just because they feel like it. Science is based on fact, not feelings.

What does this tell me about our society? So glad you asked ... it tells me that a LOT of people failed kindergarten. Including YOU.

No one here has said being mistaken for either SEX -- not gender -- was bad. I don't know any man who would feel the "destruction of his manhood" if he were mistaken for female. If so, he needs a TON of mental health care. Most would probably think it was funny, laugh about it and go on with the day. No one here who posted about decided to scream and rant and demand laws or sought mental health care. They got over it. As mentally healthy people do.
How does it harm you to call a person "he" or "she," though?

Hell, if people want to be called "he," "she," "they," or whatever, all they have to do is ask me and be patient while I try to remember to do that for them.

It's such a small thing in the grand scheme.

I'll call a dog a cat or a cat a dog if it suits that animal. Feh. Wayyyy too much energy is put out by people who are bothered by what suits other people than needs to be.

Call that person you think is a "he" by "she" and keep right on trucking.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
How does it harm you to call a person "he" or "she," though?

Hell, if people want to be called "he," "she," "they," or whatever, all they have to do is ask me and be patient while I try to remember to do that for them.

It's such a small thing in the grand scheme.

I'll call a dog a cat or a cat a dog if it suits that animal. Feh. Wayyyy too much energy is put out by people who are bothered by what suits other people than needs to be.

Call that person you think is a "he" by "she" and keep right on trucking.

Because it is redefining biology when it becomes legislation. Would you like science based on facts and evidence or feelings? [Maybe the drug companies should just say, hey, we feel this drug should be taken by 80% of the population. FDA: OK, sounds good, rubberstamp, drug approved. SMH.]

Because it is a free speech issue when I cannot speak the way I choose.

And the argument itself makes no sense, btw. If no one should care because it harm NO ONE, as you've just pointed out, why are people being forced to redefine the pronouns/biology by accusation of hate crime (canada, NYC), to use them? If it isn't harmful, as you've pointed out, why is it a hate crime to use the "wrong" one?

It is anti-logic, anti-science and infringes on free speech. Three very good reasons.

And again, want to call yourself Princess Foghorn of the Grateful Pinkies, go right ahead. I'll say Hello, Princess, and go about my day.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:23 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Never.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Because it is redefining biology when it becomes legislation. Would you like science based on facts and evidence or feelings? [Maybe the drug companies should just say, hey, we feel this drug should be taken by 80% of the population. FDA: OK, sounds good, rubberstamp, drug approved. SMH.]

And the argument itself makes no sense, btw. If no one should care because it harm NO ONE, as you've just pointed out, why are people being forced to redefine the pronouns/biology by accusation of hate crime (canada, NYC), to use them? If it isn't harmful, as you've pointed out, why is it a hate crime to use the "wrong" one?

It is anti-logic, anti-science and infringes on free speech. Three very good reasons.

And again, want to call yourself Princess Foghorn of the Grateful Pinkies, go right ahead. I'll say Hello, Princess, and go about my day.
Cutting and pasting the same response to everyone eh? Boring!

Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:

See... what you just said there at the end? That's all you, as an individual, need to do.

If I want to be called "Princess" and I've explained how it's very upsetting when people deliberately refer to me as "Plebe," then people who won't just call me "Princess" and keep on trucking are jerks, when you think about it.

I didn't ask them to bow to me, to kiss my ring, to chauffeur me around town... I just asked that they call me by my chosen name.

If some dude is named Jonathan, and he prefers to be called "John," yet you DELIBERATELY call him "Johnathan" people are going to think you're a passive-aggressive jerk. You know?

So, if a person tells you that they are "he" when you are pretty sure that they fit your definition of "she" and you stubbornly keep referring to them as "she" then you're going much deeper than just a name with that person.

You're seeking to invalidate their own expression of self. They know who they are. I don't.

So, if you don't want to call this person "he" and you would prefer to call this person "she" then maybe you either give in and call this person "he" to be polite or you avoid pronouns and just use the person's name (whatever... it's say it's Taylor in this example).

Someone says "Where's Taylor?"

You said "Taylor's over there." Or "He's over there."

You do not say "She's over there." Or "Oh... "her?" SHE'S OVER THERE."

Even if, in your head, that is what you are thinking.

The whole "biology" issue isn't the outsider's concern.

Let Taylor handle Taylor's personal business.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
See... what you just said there at the end? That's all you, as an individual, need to do.

If I want to be called "Princess" and I've explained how it's very upsetting when people deliberately refer to me as "Plebe," then people who won't just call me "Princess" and keep on trucking are jerks, when you think about it.

I didn't ask them to bow to me, to kiss my ring, to chauffeur me around town... I just asked that they call me by my chosen name.

If some dude is named Jonathan, and he prefers to be called "John," yet you DELIBERATELY call him "Johnathan" people are going to think you're a passive-aggressive jerk. You know?

So, if a person tells you that they are "he" when you are pretty sure that they fit your definition of "she" and you stubbornly keep referring to them as "she" then you're going much deeper than just a name with that person.

You're seeking to invalidate their own expression of self. They know who they are. I don't.

So, if you don't want to call this person "he" and you would prefer to call this person "she" then maybe you either give in and call this person "he" to be polite or you avoid pronouns and just use the person's name (whatever... it's say it's Taylor in this example).

Someone says "Where's Taylor?"

You said "Taylor's over there." Or "He's over there."

You do not say "She's over there." Or "Oh... "her?" SHE'S OVER THERE."

Even if, in your head, that is what you are thinking.

The whole "biology" issue isn't the outsider's concern.

Let Taylor handle Taylor's personal business.
^^Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty