Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 10:04 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,381,116 times

Advertisements

My front teeth is like madonas'. Is that a turn down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 12:00 AM

10,891 posts, read 7,386,537 times
Do you mean there's a gap? That actually has been considered a sign of high libido for centuries. Chaucer wrote of the sexy "gap-toothed wife of Bath"

and is "turn down" modern speak for "turn off"?

Old 09-23-2017, 01:20 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
enjoy yourself for you special features. do not do it, it adds character and it invites attention. Focus on keeping those teeth healthy.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:25 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,509,707 times
^^ You don't want to be a carbon copy of most other people, do you?

I'd leave the gap.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:36 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Worked just fine for Madonna.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I'd leave it. My teeth are crowned and were "joined" in the front but cracked in the middle and I now have a gap. I actually like it a lot better.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:59 PM

105 posts, read 85,783 times
I vote for doing what makes you happy and gives you confidence.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:36 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
Why would you want to do that? Gap teeth are awesome!

Old 09-24-2017, 06:32 AM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
My front teeth is like madonas'. Is that a turn down?
Yes. If it makes you feel better. I would not be comfortable with a "gap tooth smile". It's a relatively quick fix.

I have heard that some people find it sexy. I don't. It looks like Alfred E. Newman.

That look has done Madonna no favors and has just served to highlight her other less than refined features.

David Letterman had a gap between his front teeth and it looked goofy. As a comedian, he probably could have gotten away with it, but he had it fixed a while back, and while not conventionally handsome, he looks better.

Somethings are easy to change, and not terribly expensive. This is one of them. Do what makes YOU feel better!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:25 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
NO do not join them.

It's difficult and challenging to correct and maintain the front two. First of all, dentistry is a science AND an art and you better have a really GOOD experienced dentist to mess around with cosmetic work in the front. Even veneers not full crowns. AND the choice is tricky. Depending on the actual teeth, and other factors, you may not even be a candidate for veneers.

Everyone will be able to see it and they'll never match the others. They could also weaken. Also life long decision and work. And money.

I've always been fascinated with Hillary Clintons front teeth. Visible in a Time magazine cover years ago. She only capped one and her dentist left the gum lines not matching up between the cap tooth and natural tooth.(#8 and #9, like you). You're not supposed to do that! All that money and she let her teeth be sloppy'd up.

It's just so weird especially since running for President and everyone takes these close ups. She should have had her whole mouth done or at least bleached, fillings replaced etc.

Of course you can't bleach a non-natural tooth so she would have had to do the bleaching for the natural teeth, fix the gums, then REPLACE the cap while trying to match the bleached color up with between the cap and the natural teeth.....which is why I told you they'll never match your others. Which is fine if you can't SEE the others but the front two are OBVIOUS and central to your entire SMILE.

Also a cap is THICKER so it definitely will be obvious anyway. One sticking out there LOL.

As it turns out it actually became a thing in the dental world LOL Google "hillary clintons teeth"

Yeah my teeth are capped. And guess what. MY #8 and #9 had "twisted roots" and were a problem to cap so I had them EXTRACTED and replaced with a bridge.

And I don't recommend it in most cases. Too much daily work, too expensive, and too temporary so you have to budget to keep getting them re-done over the years.

I don't know about orthodontic work but see a top flight Orthodontist and see if "braces" can correct that. I have no idea.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 09-24-2017 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty